ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The car that took over the cup

S2 106 GTI
Since selling the 172 cup to a guy on here. I bought this, wanted something more comfortable but still had the power and also abit more room. I have owned it now for around 4 months and already put nearly £1.5k into it! and it not all on tuning mods!

4 new tires Goodyear's
New discs Front EBC 325mm and Yellow stuff pads
OE on rear
New ABS hub and bearing
Full passenger side, bonnent, bumper re-spray.

The paint job was fine when I got it but upon very close inspection around the door handles and bump strips the paint was cracking, The last owner said that the owner he bought it off had it keyed and the garage didn't do a very good job! so whilst I got the side there were a few stone chips on the front so I had them do that :)

Here how she looks now,

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2152.gif

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

and I still get stuff from the greatest guy ever Matt @ i4detailing

IMG_2189.jpg

Got neuspeed antiroll bars on too to help stiffen up the body roll. Also had a free trial remap from REVO and APR loved them both! Revo put you back in your seat whilst the APR was smooth power delivery. The better one out of the two though was REVO the power was notice right away, took power from 210bhp to 260ish and that was only 70% because they don't do the 'full fat' version on a free trial!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Looks nice that mate:)

Paintwork looks nice and glossy in the pics:D

edit: Yep, Matt @ i4detailing is a sound bloke. Bought some bits from him a few weeks back. He's top of my list to try for more new stuff now. Yet to put my i4d sticker in the rear window - bubbly gum was nice though.:D

Last edited:
  S2 106 GTI
Looks nice that mate:)

Paintwork looks nice and glossy in the pics:D

edit: Yep, Matt @ i4detailing is a sound bloke. Bought some bits from him a few weeks back. He's top of my list to try for more new stuff now. Yet to put my i4d sticker in the rear window - bubbly gum was nice though.:D

cheers mate - still miss my cup though! lol

I am always buying things! new polish, cloths etc......plus the bubbly gum is the best part of when you open your package!

MKIII 138
The better one out of the two though was REVO the power was notice right away, took power from 210bhp to 260ish and that was only 70% because they don't do the 'full fat' version on a free trial!

so you chose instant thud over driveability ? ;)

Seat Leon Cupra R
chopped my old clio in for a yellow cupra r a few months ago. mines an '03 but phase between the 210 and 225 version, only has 210 though :( goes well though, much prefer it to the old clio to be honest.

S2 106 GTI
Noice. Whats the space like in the boot and the overall performance?

Boot space is big! overall performace is well.....alright. since having the free trial remaps though they really transformed the car's drive. made it that little bit better, it feels sluggish now being back in standard form lol.

I do miss the clio's handling, performance, and madness! but this car is at the other end of the scale really. You can't through it into corners as the ESP always kicks in

clio 172 cup
Got neuspeed antiroll bars on too to help stiffen up the body roll. Also had a free trial remap from REVO and APR loved them both! Revo put you back in your seat whilst the APR was smooth power delivery. The better one out of the two though was REVO the power was notice right away, took power from 210bhp to 260ish and that was only 70% because they don't do the 'full fat' version on a free trial![/quote]

if its the cupra it would have been 225bhp standard?

S2 106 GTI
Got neuspeed antiroll bars on too to help stiffen up the body roll. Also had a free trial remap from REVO and APR loved them both! Revo put you back in your seat whilst the APR was smooth power delivery. The better one out of the two though was REVO the power was notice right away, took power from 210bhp to 260ish and that was only 70% because they don't do the 'full fat' version on a free trial!

if its the cupra it would have been 225bhp standard?[/quote]

Nope, the earyier one's where a 210bhp after 52reg they changed to 225bhp. Both remap to the same power though. all thats different is the wing mirrors are shaped, steering wheel has thumb grips and the gear knob has a black band round it.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

if its the cupra it would have been 225bhp standard?

Nope, the earyier one's where a 210bhp after 52reg they changed to 225bhp. Both remap to the same power though. all thats different is the wing mirrors are shaped, steering wheel has thumb grips and the gear knob has a black band round it.[/QUOTE]

Isnt this the old s3 lump in these

S2 106 GTI
PEEJOUS get some recent pick up of the cup! i miss it lol

had a few little more parts added to the car, changed the BMC to a Neuspeed IK sounds awesome, hearing the turbo spooling up and also got a N75j race valve which makes the turbo hold boost longer