ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
They've just got this in at work, same running gear as the Fiesta ST I think so it should go alright. It does look a bit like a frog in that colour though...
20201216_105623.jpg

20201216_105631.jpg

20201216_105646.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Paint looks pretty cool. Nice and vivid. Car is ugly as sin though.
I quite like the look of them (I've got one at the moment 😬), the front end is the weakest part of it though. I love everything from the A pillar back , I think it looks great from the rear 3/4 view like the pic I put above.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I like those Puma's; perfect family car hack to be honest. Two good colours there... green is always a winner, though it is very bright!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I really can't get on board with the new Defender. Awful looking thing to my eyes.

On the subject of Land Rovers (well their inspiration at least) I spotted this today. I would absolutely love one of these:

PXL_20201222_143913698.jpg

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Saw this today - R19 convertible. Don't remember the last time I saw a 19. Really wanted a 16v when I was a teen!

View attachment 1514163

I had a 16v phase 2 3 door hatch in blue as my first ‘proper’ car, loved that thing.

Might be in the minority but I always preferred the phase 2.

Would have another if it was possible to get hold of one anymore, gutted some woman drove into mine and wrote it off :(

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I had a 16v phase 2 3 door hatch in blue as my first ‘proper’ car, loved that thing.

Might be in the minority but I always preferred the phase 2.

Would have another if it was possible to get hold of one anymore, gutted some woman drove into mine and wrote it off :(

I'm with you. People seem to get really excited about the phase 1, but I think the phase 2 looks miles better!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Although I do find as I've gotten older I can appreciate a nice phase 1, problem is most of them were never that 'nice'

Just thought the phase 2 looked more modern

Annoyed I can't find any decent pictures of my old one, before the days were digital cameras were commonplace, think this is about the best I had (P plate was for the wife who'd just passed her test and was a nervous driver...)

R19Front.jpg

back.jpg

And how it died :(

mine.jpg

The red Ford Ka up on the bank is the woman who hit me then bounced down the road. I was stationary and she, er, wasn't as she came barrelling off the M5 not realising there was a queue of traffic on the slip road.

overall.jpg

My old dear had a phase 1 chamade in blue that I learned to drive in. Loved that car to bits even if it did have it quirks like the boot deciding randomly that it didn't want to latch shut whenever it felt like it or the engine not being able to take any proper abuse. Car got written off in Aberdeen when a van went into the side of it.

Would love if there were still some nice examples out there to drop a 182 engine in.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My old dear had a phase 1 chamade in blue that I learned to drive in. Loved that car to bits even if it did have it quirks like the boot deciding randomly that it didn't want to latch shut whenever it felt like it or the engine not being able to take any proper abuse. Car got written off in Aberdeen when a van went into the side of it.

Would love if there were still some nice examples out there to drop a 182 engine in.

I love a Chamade! A ph2 16v Chamade would be a deeply cool thing to own now. In my mind at least.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Couple more spots today. An old American truck that the owner appears to park on the street outside his house, and a very neglected Volvo 850R...

PXL_20210108_100809013.jpg
PXL_20210108_100826395.jpg
PXL_20210108_112402195.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
I saw a red R19 this morning on my way home from work. (No pictures as driving) but where are they all coming from?? Thought they’d have rusted away by now.

Many still on the go over in the EU zone but left hookers obvs. Guess climate has a lot to do with it. Although it's strange that so many R5GTT's have survived here and almost no 19 16vs. Any other countries that have nice climate that drive on the same side? Cheap imports maybe?

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Many still on the go over in the EU zone but left hookers obvs. Guess climate has a lot to do with it. Although it's strange that so many R5GTT's have survived here and almost no 19 16vs. Any other countries that have nice climate that drive on the same side? Cheap imports maybe?
Malta?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My bro had a R19 5 door Ph1 I'll have to see if he has any photos... loved that thing! Nearly bought it off him as a first car. Insurance would have been painful though.