ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cars Spotted Appreciation Thread

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
This isn't exactly a supercar spot but I saw it at work the other day and realised I couldn't remember the last time I saw this shape Corolla. It looks tiny in between the Transit & Fiesta too.
20211211_111147.jpg

20211211_111207.jpg

Mork of Ork

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Passat R-Line
Oh god you're not from East Bradford are you?🤮🤣

Leeds Road, AKA the Gaza strip where all the rented lambos go🤣🤣🤣
No thank god, I live in Stanningley, not far from New Pudsey Station. Close enough to Leeds road to hear all the pops & bang maps on the Golf Rs (innit bro) at all hours.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What is it, a Chiron? Looks pretty turd lol.

I saw some McLaren today in a matt pale blue which sounds awful but looked feckin' awesome in the flesh.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Went for a walk around my neighborhood last night and spotted a few things...

Apologies if the pictures are awful, but it was dark. First up, a Ford Crown Victoria. Common here, but I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I really want a modified one for some reason.

PXL_20211222_161834887.jpg

Jag XJ with saggy suspension:
PXL_20211222_162143303.jpg

Don't know what this is, but they need a new car cover:
PXL_20211222_162359977.NIGHT.jpg

The Arabs love an old Merc:
PXL_20211222_162654309.NIGHT.jpg

See:
PXL_20211222_162741170.NIGHT.jpg

Chargers are really popular here. This one was an SRT8, but I've seen a Hellcat parked outside a building near me quite a few times
PXL_20211222_163310713.NIGHT.jpg

Badly modified CRX Del Sol:
PXL_20211222_163512507.NIGHT.jpg

See quite a lot of these about. Don't actually know what it is, other than a Toyota. This one was in pretty good condition. Most are really beaten up. I've even seen one operating as a taxi still
PXL_20211222_164111474.NIGHT.jpg

Small white wall tyres on pick-ups are a thing here for some reason
PXL_20211222_164205509.jpg

This lives round the corner from me. Chevrolet version of a Monaro. You also see quite a few SS Chevrolet Luminas (VXR8 basically)
PXL_20211222_170222951.NIGHT.jpg

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Couple more...

This is in a building just up the road from me:
PXL_20211222_170801786.jpg

This belongs to my neighbour. It's a Ferrari Edition of some kind. He thinks it's the only one in the country. They did sell a few Abarths here, but not the convertible and not this model. He lived in France for a while and brought it back with him. He took me out in it once. It has a weird, automated gearbox, with the slowest shifts I have ever felt.
PXL_20211222_170922908.NIGHT.jpg

This is his weekend car. I think the convertible is pretty rare here. One of the best sounding V8s I've ever heard.
PXL_20211222_170948649.NIGHT.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Aye P100 Sierra

Also just known as a pickup🤣
My mate had one a few years back. Think he drove it with 4 or 5 bags of cement in the back to stop it going out on every corner. Surprised me really as he drove like a bellend 99% of the time, thought he would have loved a bit of back end action.

We got 9 of us in the back of it one night under a tarp coming back from a pub. Sobered me right up.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
My mate had one a few years back. Think he drove it with 4 or 5 bags of cement in the back to stop it going out on every corner. Surprised me really as he drove like a bellend 99% of the time, thought he would have loved a bit of back end action.

We got 9 of us in the back of it one night under a tarp coming back from a pub. Sobered me right up.
😂 ffs

Yeah coming back from a night out in the back of a dark van is grim. One corner and you're face-first into someone's knee 😂

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Remember reading an article about them a while ago. Quite an interesting story behind them. Despite the old man image, that gen of Rover 200 was quite well regarded I think.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My mate had a turbo converted one. Was a right laugh, until it came to a corner and you'd just slide out the seats

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Remember reading an article about them a while ago. Quite an interesting story behind them. Despite the old man image, that gen of Rover 200 was quite well regarded I think.
Yeah the brm was a cracking wee car back in the day and that shape did handle well in standard form more so the mg versions but 105bhp from a 1.4 na engine that sounded the tits with a filter on and to be fair the engines were ok once you sorted the cheap crap bit that was in the middle of them

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Was it based on a Colt?
Yes and suspension set up by lotus. Handling was OK the engine revved but had no torque.
Lots of early evo bits bolted straight on and the floor pan was easily converted to run the full evo 4x4 setup.
There is currently a 4x4 converted one on ebay.

thecrim22

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Yes and suspension set up by lotus. Handling was OK the engine revved but had no torque.
Lots of early evo bits bolted straight on and the floor pan was easily converted to run the full evo 4x4 setup.
There is currently a 4x4 converted one on ebay.
Link?