ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The clio is no more, Long live the Alfa !

Its been a while since I posted on these boards but thought I would come back one last time :)

As of next week (hopefully) I will be the proud owner of a brand new Alfa 147 :)
The clio will be off to a new home where it will probably be stripped, lowered and probed in boy racer fashion :(

Bad news is im going to see it deteriorate as the new owners will be a friend of mine where I work :sick:

Ah well, im getting a more powerful car which I actually fit into properly :D

http://assets.in.gr/auto/news/images/big/Alfa147_red.jpg

Got a bargain on my new alfa by playing different dealers off against each other. New price is over £15500 but ive got them down to £12500 with free leather seats :p

Its an Alfa 147 1.6l Twinspark Lusso
Alfa Red with Black Leather seats
120bhp (45bhp increase over the clio :cool:)

Cant wait !!!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

You post over at ocUK dont you. Clickcars do the car slightly cheaper, but I dont think theyd have leather thrown in too!!

How do you find out whether or not a dealer is a fleet dealer?

Yes I do Paul_CTR

Easiest way is to ask them if they do special rates for fleet buyers

Oh and its probably the turismo variant that clickcars have cheaper as they are lower specced than the Lussos. £12500 is absoloute rock bottom price for the lussos trust me :D

Yes its Alfa Red as per the piccy :)
Because we all know red cars are fater :D

Didnt think it would be cheaper Paul, spent weeks finding the lowest prices everywhere then seeing if a dealer would match it.

Well best of luck to you mate .All i can say is i hope it lives longer than my ex Alfa 156 , It spent more time at the dealers than it did on my drive . And if you thought Renault dealers were bad just wait till youve experienced the nightmare that is the Alfa dealership . Having said that , they are corking motors when they are working .

Well so far both my local renault dealer and my local alfa dealer have been top notch and very helpful, so touch wood they will continue to be good to me :)

Alfa 156s were badly made anyway, I sat in one recenly and it looked like it was thrown together by monkeys :D

The 147s are supposed to be a new breed and they certainly look it inside and out

Quote: Originally posted by RIOT on 15 February 2004

Alfa 156s were badly made anyway, I sat in one recenly and it looked like it was thrown together by monkeys :D

The 147s are supposed to be a new breed and they certainly look it inside and out
I had a 147 as a courtesy car when my 156 was in the garage (for a change) and the difference in build quality between the two was quite noticeable

I made the change from a 172 to a new 2.0 147 lusso back in November. I certianly havent regretted it. Its down on power compared to the Clio, but IMO it is a much nicer car to drive, and far better put together.

The Alfa dealers I use are far better that he Renault places I used for the Clio, but there is still room for improvement. But then everyone seems to moan about dealers no matter who they are!

Enjoy.

Eightball, the sele 147 is definitely a strong contender as ma next drive too. Luv the looks and seem well put together on the inside. Anyhows, still having fun on me 172!