ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Cup

hi all (my first post):)

im just about (poss) to buy a cup, tryed the 172 hmmm but felt i need a pipe n slippers TBO(on offence to 172 owners but im looking for somink a ill bit more than the standard car), anyhoo heres the deal

reg Sept this year,1780miles,£10.200 is that a fare price or shud i look about more??

thanks inadvance for your help

cheers

andy

GW Clio 200

Yeah that sounds like a good price, if (and its a big if)..it aint an -X demo-

If it is steer way clear, spend the few hundred more and get a brand spanking new one, you can get fantastic deals if you got cash.

Search the forum using this > http://forum.cliosport.net/forum_images/search.gif and youll find links to brokers that are offering really good deals on this car atm..

there is a host of great threads that cover this in detail....

yeah why would someone wanna sell it with that few miles on it??

Bound to have been ragged from new, although that isnt nessesarly a bad thing!

a demo car is a good way of getting a cheap deal, wouldnt bother me - even when you buy a brand spanker with dlivery milage you can gaurantee its benn ranted around.... if you were a 18year old kiddie at the docks getting paid crap money to move new cars around a huge car park would you take it easy!??! agree with the 172 thing, thats what put me off them, go and find out what the story is with the car and drive it home, you know it makes sense....

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by Andy_66 on 23 November 2003

hi all (my first post):)

im just about (poss) to buy a cup, tryed the 172 hmmm but felt i need a pipe n slippers TBO(on offence to 172 owners but im looking for somink a ill bit more than the standard car), anyhoo heres the deal

reg Sept this year,1780miles,£10.200 is that a fare price or shud i look about more??

thanks inadvance for your help

cheers

andy
LMFAO!!!! - alittle more than the STANDARD car.

NO ur right...I am gonna bin my Pipe and slippers for 0.4 secs to 60 - LOL

Didnt realise 0-60 in 7.1 (standard) qualified me for a pension - LOL

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 23 November 2003
LMFAO!!!! - alittle more than the STANDARD car.

NO ur right...I am gonna bin my Pipe and slippers for 0.4 secs to 60 - LOL

Didnt realise 0-60 in 7.1 (standard) qualified me for a pension - LOL
Touchee !!! go get ya fecking slippers old boy ;)

Actually that me chuckle too, the 172 is far from standard

2012 WRX Waggon

Listen young uns...when Im finished pulling on my support stockings Im gonna.......

Sorry...I do get alittle touchee ;) - wheres me zimmer?

DISCLAIMER( dont want the 172s sticking there vs up like the FTOs did!!)

I meant i find them a little bit bland, never mentioned the old man thing, thats rovers init?!

VaVa

It cant be escaped!!! Trouble is, is going to get ten times worse once we have a few 182 drivers knocking about!!! 172 vs 182 vs Cup!! (mind you, thats a road test I wouldnt mind seeing!).

Or even 172 vs 182 vs 182(cup extras) vs Cup......

E36 323i coupe

The Cup is the dogs testicles!

If interested there is a Cup for sale in Autotrader in a garage in Wakefield. 52 plater. Fitted with a Scorpion exhaust and K&N Induction kit and upgraded suspension. Thats around £10,000. Nothing to do with me, just noticed it the other day. Did take the phone number cos was thinking about seeing if the dealer wanted to part with the exhaust and induction kit to make the car standard again... but then I washed my jeans, with the piece of paper in the pocket... oops!

...what cup vs 172 thing!?! think the whole people throwing toys out of the prams has been hushed!!! buy what you like!!!

I saved my £ and got a 16v cos when i went and looked at a 172 i want that excited by it, looks not performance wise, in the same way the cup doesnt do that much for me really.always wanted a 16v so i got that...

have you checked autotrader in your area andy?

the car is owned by the guy that lives 2 doors down from me ,and he ownes a Renault speacilist garage, just outside Horndon near to where i live,the cup is his own car,as he just got a nice new 911 he dont want the cup thats why its for sale,anyhoo ive just left his place and we have agreed on £10,100. I did look on autotrader but the only ones i see had alot more mileage on them and where more if not the same kinda price, maybe i need to explain my self a lill better when i say pipe n slippers maybe i shud have said the 172 is more refined....lol

cheers all

Andy

Remapped derv Golf

Yeah Please dont start this again! Both 172 and Cup are great! It will sound like the Saxo forum soon. ;)

Ohhhh my East Coast can ave a Nova GTE! and its got 160 at the wheels! SHUT UP!:sick:

ps Frosty is selling a good R Spec Cup in the Croydon area. Very fast!