ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

007.jpg

Little V3 package arrived today, dunno what to say really, those in the know will hopefully appreciate and those that arent, well they are good I guess is all I can say :)

next to new, clean, crack in one plastic cover (which I can sort in minutes) and done less than 500 miles, so off to birmingham next week to get the buggers fitted.

005.jpg

002.jpg

oh and me thinks a certain bit of restriction will disappear next week too, pop, bang, pop bang ;)

not much to report as im currently paying off bits and bobs so not buying in till they are cleared so it's touch up and spring cleaning for the next few weeks till i get the KWs on...

last year at oulton park during the BTCC we were fixing my door and i got a little pi55ed off so to speak and ripped my door pocket out, anyhoo since then i've been riding round with my elbow in the doorwell, aircon innit.

as it is...

DSC_8234.jpg

got 'richngem' to fabricate and cut some carbon fibre sheet I bought from TDINorth in warrington (off one off their TA cars) for £20 quid and he sent me up a sample of it so far.

we were going to resin it in but i prefer screwing/self tappeting for when/if i need to access the window regulators (which break weekly on the meganes) so 3 maybe 4 black screws will hold it in place on both doors, i like it

test fitted....

DSC_8235.jpg

yes its not the proper piece its a test piece as i had spare so no it looks rough, not fitted, etc. te green is marking tape, not mould ;)

total spend, £20 pounds.

weekend clean coming up, rear track chipped alloy refurb, also got a stone to the door sill that is bubbling up so thats getting refurbed by my paint and wheel man in preston within the week.

oh and i'll be fitting something i've been after for years for her too :D

the car goes to BTM on tuesday, so i gave her a little clean today and fitted the "stupid nose piercing".

now i know these are marmite on CS, alot thinking its sheep, out of place, etc.

DSC_9030.jpg

not that i need to justify it but i mainly have it because i DO track my car as much as i can (silverstone next week), i also said i'd run it for si and help show how they fit, work, etc. i will probably cut the cover as riad said it will look better but i kinda like the race 'ruined' look haha.

i mean its totally different in looks to the clio, i think the majority dislike due to the cuddly look of the clio?

and its getting powder coated black in the week :)

smaller plate on this week.

kw goodness

some new parts, ie airbox, engine caps and covers, windscreen, windscreen wiper arms.

and we're getting skirty :D

DSC_9027.jpg

to the words of our gaynor 'it looks like a black bull, like its had its nose pierced, i like it'

shut up mum.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Like the toweye cutting the cover would look better. Only thing I'd be worried about is if it knocks the bumper chipping the paint. Are you doing any of the Renaultsport days this year?

mate the bumper is the least of my problems, its absolutely battered. when i get it cleaned up i'll fit a foam cushion behind so it'll be reete

it'll get a respray before i go to lemans this year. hoping to do the RS day at oulton but if im honest they have never really got me interested, we'll see though.

BTM on tuesday you say! will make sure i pop my head in! what time you gonna be down?

early mate, freds gonna be fitting catcams to my richngems LY 182 whilst me, riad n rich fit stuff to mine, coffee and maccyds all round!

pop in though defo.

God. That looks good Ariane, looks like mine.. pfft x

hmmm its because of you im having to build, steal, befriend and buy all these new updates ;) x

Pics reqd of yours. My fav Meg I think!

f**k off c**ty

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
mate the bumper is the least of my problems, its absolutely battered. when i get it cleaned up i'll fit a foam cushion behind so it'll be reete

it'll get a respray before i go to lemans this year. hoping to do the RS day at oulton but if im honest they have never really got me interested, we'll see though.

My bumper is battered in need of a respray as well.

alien green rs133
tbf, it shows you use them how they were meant to be used.

someone asked me how i keep mine so clean at a show last year, i was like 'u on glue mate?' its a nail <3

if you use that mentality, my car is used propper ;)