ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Dark Knight.... Progress Thread

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
With KW's, this will be a weapon. Driven by a weapon ;).

Srsly, this is the quickest hatch I've ever had the pleasure to be spanked by. Once it can handle, ooooooffft.

With KW's, this will be a weapon. Driven by a weapon ;).

Srsly, this is the quickest hatch I've ever had the pleasure to be spanked by. Once it can handle, ooooooffft.

why u being nice? not like you. u pi55ed? come to BTM tomorrow.

roy its dark and i am scared to go outside, tomorrow shall be her day of reckoning, big day. not much more i can say till then ya'll x

FFS, didnt think anyone would even be bothered, like i'm not one too boast?

manz gotta work though.

right where to start...

myself and resident Team Mechanic/geek arrived at BTM for 10.30 am yesterday, fred wasnt there, we waited.

TDKcoilys214.gif

TDKcoilys216.gif

fred arrives in some crappy dynamique clio and it breaks down...

TDKcoilys219.gif

(yes the bonnet is held up by a broom, im teaching him level3 ghetto).

TDKcoilys259.gif

yesterday it was myself and rich(richngem) doing the work on my car whilst fred overlooked when needed. Rich does most of the bits n bobs work on my car but when its the slightly more motoersport/hardcore stuff Hopkins gets involved. rich was having aux/cambelt along with some catcams put in so fred was really busy making sure that was setup well whilst we cracked on. Neil (withoutabix) was in the area yesterday so he helped out all day too.

big thanks guys as ever. <3

basic stuff to start with, fred has a cig(4), rich consults his diagrams he's made and I go off in a sulk because i cut my hand and was hungrey. i had the rear of the meg setup with 'cup suspension so rich and i knew basically how to do the rears which were in fact easy.. and done within 45mins.

TDKcoilys241.gif

TDKcoilys307.gif

TDKcoilys297.gif

TDKcoilys222.gif

On with the rears, set high to start with, copper greased by rich, neil and frederick.

TDKcoilys235.gif

TDKcoilys239.gif

TDKcoilys248.gif

TDKcoilys256.gif

TDKcoilys304.gif

we then stopped for a chat and to perve at youtube and 'other' things for abit then cracked on with the BALLACHE of ripping up the front suspension. i say we, i mean neil and rich. i cracked on with ripping more from inside the car (its so noisy now on the road ;))

TDKcoilys246.gif

TDKcoilys262.gif

i wont go into to many specifics but "FREDDDD" was shouted alot. basically the eibachs were jamming and wouldnt come out as we wanted. we eventually got them out and cleaned them and the mounting areas up, copper greased everything and then looked at the OEM top mounts (i'll be getting adjustables but lets take it one step at a time).

front unit out, with snapped linkage and mounts :eek:

TDKcoilys261.gif

then disaster (as ever with TDK), the driverside ball bearings in the topmount had basically spilled out as we pulled the arm off the car, neil spent 20 minutes looking for little balls on the floor, found a few, fred smashed some random car part open and used the bearings out of that too.

TDKcoilys263.gif

result. rebuilt and greased.

TDKcoilys269.gif

TDKcoilys260.gif

we took our time, built up the front shock and suspension, brownbear came to the unit, mentioned something in Urdu and we cracked on...

TDKcoilys273.gif

TDKcoilys274.gif

unit on...

TDKcoilys276.gif

love this shot, dunno why.

TDKcoilys278.gif

finishing at 11pm. whilst we did all this and got on freds nerves he took the time to look over richs car and mine, telling me about loads of broken thing on it, standard procedure.

TDKcoilys244.gif

i think it took us so long due to us messing about, having a laugh, sniffing engine oil, dancing and throwing constant insults towards eachother.

anyhoo, car built back up, and dropped, lifted again and dropped.

TDKcoilys299.gif

TDKcoilys303.gif

i took it out, rich took it out, fred was busy testing out richs cams for a while (thankgod).

TDKcoilys320.gif

So the Variant 3's...

night and day... if im honest, the car rides ever so slightly harder, but less rattle- ridden, the roll is none existant and traction has improved massively. i'll run the car at silverstone this week and we'll see then. the car needs corner weighting and maybe a tinyyy drop all round, but be told, im not dropping it to ghetto ride and look like a badaman.

i've only had a small chance to drive it in the wet today (TC/ASR off) and it seems to unsettle itself under corner braking, squirms abit and move her fat arse... this by no means bothers me as megs as standard are like this and due to previous lack of weight over the boot im used to it but i think she needs tweeking and odd bits of setup. Which will no doubt take 32 years with the V3's. fronts are half way down, rears im not 100% but this is for now so i can get them bedded in for the next few weeks at least, oh and till i can afford adjustable top mounts.

whats shocked me though is how you find yourself hitting the worry button before the car does, the grip is verging on scary, riad and myself did a little trafford park run this morning and into roundabouts i'd usually understeer into the pavement on, she gripped, gripped, gripped... thats it. Riad said there was easily about 10 mph into a certain corner (and thats in the wet!)

so here she is, more additions to come this week, sorry for crap pics after but i've just been so busy and this alone has took me 5 hours to do as photobucket is on the blink and i've been mad at work.

TDKcoilys325.gif

TDKcoilys337.gif

DSC_9223.gif

As above thanks for neil for helping out, it meant alot mate, Rich you always sort me out and care for the car as much as me, which is Aok in my eyes (with your OCD skills) and fred, well arse licking or not (like i give a fcuk), theres a reason why you are known internationally for your skills... in more ways than one.

i'm lucky to have the right people supporting TeamAriane, and for that i'm very grateful, cnuts.

cheers all x