ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The everlasting ph1 ITB Build **GREEN-BUILD STARTS AT PAGE 100**

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I think you could have made a loom m8, look at all the other stuff you didnt know but have smashed. Seem to pick things up quickly.

I wasnt trying to take anything from Bigash either it looked a good peice of kit it was just it gave you alot if headaches that's all.
I certainly have learnt alot from reading all the popular threads including yours.

Are you the longest standing member on here? 2004?

I've come to realise that mine also needs to go on a massive diet !! 830kg! I'm carrying 2 extra passengers of weight compared to you. Mines at a straight ton with a full tank. How much weight difference is there in all the fibre glass panels? 80kg?

Your torque and response will be loads better also with the reduced weight.

Kids are time sponges, literally take it all. Very hard to get on with anything.

So, how many garages has your car spent it's time being built in? The new farm shed is spot on if I lived closer I would pay rent to park mine in there! It's perfect. Could get a lift in there and have a proper setup

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I think you could have made a loom m8, look at all the other stuff you didnt know but have smashed. Seem to pick things up quickly.

I wasnt trying to take anything from Bigash either it looked a good peice of kit it was just it gave you alot if headaches that's all.
I certainly have learnt alot from reading all the popular threads including yours.

I've come to realise that mine also needs to go on a massive diet !! 830kg! I'm carrying 2 extra passengers of weight compared to you. Mines at a straight ton with a full tank. How much weight difference is there in all the fibre glass panels? 80kg?

Kids are time sponges, literally take it all. Very hard to get on with anything.

So, how many garages has your car spent it's time being built in? The new farm shed is spot on if I lived closer I would pay rent to park mine in there! It's perfect. Could get a lift in there and have a proper setup

Fibreglass doors are 4.3kg each, plus poly windows and paint obviously. But that's a massive saving over standard.

Fibreglass bonnet is 5kg.

Boot hatch is 4kg.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Panels are cheap atm
180 for bonnet and boot. Doors are 360 each.
Wonder if in the current climate they would take £1000 for all 4 panels
I'll be honest with you, when I moved over to the Clio side of life I looked at these parts and fell off my seat at the prices. I had similar on my Evo and I'm telling you now, the prices for these parts are cheap as chips!! Double CCF prices for anything of similar spec over in Evo world or even anything Jap for that matter.

Thats not a bad shout to be fair offering a bulk buy. I know the forums has been going on for many years now but it is a shame of the lack of group buys on here but I'm guessing most have been done to death over the years and perhaps not got the backing by member numbers to warrant doing any more new ones....

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Hhhhmmmm as I said, bloody hate electrics...
I genuinely think a lot of my problems were how old my stuff was, like the dash. Because it was 1st Gen it didn't have a 5v out.... proper pain.
I am pretty pleased with 830kgs but I could still get more out, the cage could be T45 and I am sure there are other areas to look at, but I am not going to go very silly with it.

I don't think I am the longest standing member but I am old on here... ha. I doubt there will be many who were originally on here that are still about.
As for the number of garages.... hhhmm one sec, 8 where I have worked on it, 10 if you include Northampton Motorsport and the body shop

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Yes what I mean is if I fit the fibreglass panels I will reduce weight by 100kg down to a curb weight if 900kg paired with 197 bhp I will have a power to weight ratio of 218bhp.
Obviously increasing acceleration so I think it's the best £ per bhp mods you can do other than stripping your interior which is technically free... until you start getting ideas of cages and bucket seat 🙄

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
wrong, well for me anyway, much prefer the dynamics of the mk1, find it much less snappy and more predictable on the limit.

although the running gear from the mk2 is better and far more options, so that's why my car is fitted with it all, lol!

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
This was mine
IMG-20190919-WA0002.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, long time since I've had a mk1. Love a valver but mk2 is definitely a better base.

wrong, well for me anyway, much prefer the dynamics of the mk1, find it much less snappy and more predictable on the limit.
although the running gear from the mk2 is better and far more options, so that's why my car is fitted with it all, lol!

I must agree with @Coops Mk1 @1985michael182 imo the MK1 was a much better base, I loved mine (and was disappointed once I had owned the phase 1 for a while (I think I even mention that early on in this thread). Indeed was much less snappy and predictable, could play with the back end on it...

oh I miss you SDV

100_2606.jpg

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I must agree with @Coops Mk1 @1985michael182 imo the MK1 was a much better base, I loved mine (and was disappointed once I had owned the phase 1 for a while (I think I even mention that early on in this thread). Indeed was much less snappy and predictable, could play with the back end on it...

oh I miss you SDV

View attachment 1466951
That's because the full suspension setup is softer and more compliant. We stiffen everything up, remove any flex in the interest of keeping the geo where it was setup to make cornering perfect.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
So a bit of a shameless plug as some grandads on here don't do social media ;) so wouldn't of seen the below:

21ten is a bit of a passion project that utilises my everyday talents* but in less pressured way.
The idea for 21ten was to give me more time out home (pre Corona) to spend with my son, who's birthday the name is taken from.

I have already had several commissions that I am working on, but alongside those I am working on creating a bank of Stocked prints that can be purchased as they are or customised... Why is this relevant here? Well this is the most recent illustrations I am working on:

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 19.39.51.png

Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 19.43.03.png
Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 19.43.13.png

The Renaultsport Clio prints will soon be available to purchase with several options available:

STOCKED PRINTS
£45 (inc postage)
I will be working up some key models in key colours, ie a Trophy in Red, or a 172 CUP in blue potentially in various angles. No customisation is available with this option - LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE!!!

CUSTOM.
1 angle: £55 (inc postage)
2 angle: £75 (inc postage)
3 angle: £100 (inc postage)
Utilising artwork that I have already created but reworking it with elements of YOUR car. This works particularly well if you want a standard angled image. ie dead front/dead side/ dead rear. You could chose to have just the 1 angle, alternatively I could create 2 or all 3 angles. Or if you want something truly unique there is:

BESPOKE.
£100 (inc postage)
A fully custom print completely bespoke to you. This is good if you want a specific image/angle replicating or want a particular style of illustration.

All the prints are priced at A3 size (297x420mm) portrait or landscape.
If you wanted a larger print, canvas, wall wrap etc etc I can also provide this but would need to quote separately.

Feel free to get in-touch and enquire, or as previously mentioned, let me know what Renaultsport variation you would like to see.

Alternatively like/follow the 21ten1ten page on facebook or Instagram to keep an eye on what is coming.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE:
Whilst not really getting time on the car (as I am working on the van) I felt I needed to do something with/for the car so I spent some money and ordered a steering wheel cover and also a Renault Sport Vinyl.

I made up a carbon numberplate at the same time I made up the brake deflectors and today applied the vinyl (yellow to match other details including the side badges).

5B61513D-5B23-415B-953F-1313FB899410.jpeg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE:

A mini update again. I went out to work on the van today but my small worktop in the workshop was covered in half done jobs so I decided to clear that first as it was getting a bit frustrating. First up was fitting the new bulkhead heatshrink boot I bought about a month back - this time heated from the connector end first - much better.

IMG_2587.JPG

Next up was to fit my new carbon plates. 3x velcro circles to keep it secure but also nice and light. Pretty happy with how it looks.

IMG_2590.JPG

and lastly to clean up the 5mm spacers I already had, then provisionally fit them and the new Pure Motorsport spacers all around.

IMG_2589.JPG

Next up I need to fit the new handbrake cables (hopefully they are the right ones), sand the bolt holes on the wheels and complete a full bolt check,
then hopefully it can go back down on the wheels....