ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

the fastest clio MK1?? n/a or turbo engine

clio williams
i run at a drag race with my williams and the best time is 13,7@168 km/h...i can do it better cause the strip i've run it's hasn't the best traction and my car is full loaded with seats etc.i've made some changes with sparco bucket co-drivers seat,small battery and i'm looking for lighter back door!

joeh here in greece he have turbocharged 106 1.6lt that made 11.2-11.4 @225 km/h...we suffer to get some traction.

182 Trophy
i run at a drag race with my williams and the best time is 13,7@168 km/h...i can do it better cause the strip i've run it's hasn't the best traction and my car is full loaded with seats etc.i've made some changes with sparco bucket co-drivers seat,small battery and i'm looking for lighter back door!

joeh here in greece he have turbocharged 106 1.6lt that made 11.2-11.4 @225 km/h...we suffer to get some traction.

ah we have a lot of greek lads on 106owners
iv heared of an n/a running 11's

clio williams
10.4 it's his best! but this 106 is full of carbon,with one seat,drag slicks and whelie bar for best traction. and it's not 1.6lt but the time is unbelievable!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Watch out for 16vturbolee shortly. He ran a 13.4 recently on low boost. with another 50bhp which he will soon have i'd expect 12's..

jay what did the nana use to run? thought that was always the quickest mk1? cant watch videos at work very easily, so sorry if it shows the time at the end :)

jamie

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Frans old mk1 ( 1.8 T conversion ) would more or likely be the quickest imo

Potential of 11 sec qtr's

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
coops has the fastest daily car i belive but a chap had a r5 gtt engine in one and that was quicker on some huge slicks not sure on the time backyardracing if hes on here.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
He has a 1.8 16v turbo. 253bhp last time i knew?

Lee's is now 262bhp...i'll await his new times this season as he's not shy to hit the pod! :D

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
yeah mine somewhere between 250 and 270bhp, depending on that day and the rolling road, lol its a 1.8 16v turbo in mine, standard engine with a bit of tweeking,lol

ran a 12.9 first ever ever go at 1/4 mile last october, more to come this year

rob@backyard had a mk1 with a 250bhp 5 gtt turbo lump in it, 50 shot of nos iirc, solid rear shockers and pram wheels at the back and f**k off slicks up front, not road legal, full drag car and that ran 12.2 best i think

nana is/was fastest mk1 on standard aspiration and standard inlet setup back in the day, not so sure now

closest mk1's on throttle bodies i know of were martins old white one on a 13.1 and cliolords valliams on a 13.3

nana ran 14.0 when martin had it, from memory this is the order -

12.9 coops - high boost turbo
13.1 Martin itb's + top end work standard b/e
13.3 Cliolord itbs forged b/e e.t.c is now 30bhp quicker than it was when it done 13.3
13.5 Lee high boost turbo (capable of going quicker, was down on power on day)
13.6 Clio girl itbs/forged e.t.c
13.7 Bish cams and remap are only mods, stripped 888's
13.9 Jay s cams + re-map and manifold
14.0 nana cams+remap
14.1 - quite a few mainly stripped with cams.
then it just gets to striped cars with minor mods.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Ahhh the good old days !! Not been on here for years quite literally .. out of interest have there been any big changes with clios going quick on the 1/4 in recent years ?? Or is my old time still holding up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ahhh the good old days !! Not been on here for years quite literally .. out of interest have there been any big changes with clios going quick on the 1/4 in recent years ?? Or is my old time still holding up ?

Long time no see mate...how goes it...still have any stripped out Williams in your possession?

Last edited by a moderator:
  big boost cup

Im at 12.2 atm should go mid to low 11s this year