ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The illiams 2007

After the RSi-brid I said to my self i was done with Clios for good... in the time between i had owned a BMW E30 325i, VW Caddy 1.6D & 2x VW Mk1 Golf 1.1's but they just didn't have the pace or handling of the Clios and i wanted a car i could take on track
A cheap Ph1 black 16V came up cheap on Clio16valver.co.uk.. it had failed its MOT for being to low (very fitting lol).. So off i went to Scotland to pick the car up

Home

06112006090.jpg

Good rear arches

06112006097.jpg

Dent free roof

06112006098.jpg

I tooked it away on my nans drive till i could find a Williams engine and track

I found out King Stromba was breaking a Williams 2, so i got intouch with him and to cut a long story short I bought the hole car from him ish (minus interior, dash, wheels) and drove it back home... with the agreement to bring him back the brakes, body panels and any other parts from the list... my plan was to use the black valver as donar for any extra parts the Williams needed.. main reason for binning the valver was the sunroof (ive been pissed on oh to many times lol)

Both cars at my mates yard

28112006136.jpg

28112006135.jpg

After taking Strombas parts back i was left with this

PICT1479.jpg

PICT1478.jpg

Illiamsinterior02.jpg

I painted some steels i had matt black

PICT1491.jpg

and fitted my fibre glass shell bonnet from my black hybrid

PICT1493.jpg

Looking very **** lol

13012007192.jpg

13012007194.jpg

I removed all the sound deadening as the Williams has much more than a valver.. its a nice weight saver

13012007198.jpg

The Williams was starting to look rather ill and ratty... I got my stanley blade out and the illiams was born lol

PICT1528-1.jpg

The stenciled bonnet and the bees nest as Ali called it lol

PICT1531.jpg

Refitted the Williams tailgate to be "illiams'd"

PICT1536.jpg

In order to save more weight... I removed the Aux fuel tank

PICT1565.jpg

Ph1 cap.. bonus

PICT1576.jpg

Hillpower Decat ready to fit

PICT1564.jpg

Now its wheel time again... I needed something ratty but super light weight, I found these BBS RS on ebay and just had to have them

PICT1678.jpg

They needed the centres bored out from 57.1 - 60.1... I sent them away to be done but they broke the machine lol, so i used a flip wheel to do it lol

PICT1684.jpg

BLUE.jpg

It was looking rather on stilts lol

PICT1747.jpg

PICT1756.jpg

I fitted some Ph1 Williams manual wing mirrors to save more weight

PICT1751.jpg

I took illy to the pod to get some times best of the day was 14.6 @ 95mph... was abit unhappy with that

illy.jpg

santapod11-03-07058Small.jpg

santapod11-03-07086Small.jpg

photoshoot with the rusty steels.. very ill ;)

PICT1897.jpg

Bridge19.jpg

PICT1891.jpg

At this point it was crying out to be lowered... A photoshop comfirmed this fact lol

Bridge18-1.jpg

The day after the photoshoot I took the engine and gearbox out as they had already been sold at FCS.. just had to use the car for the shoot first, so I left the engine less illy sitting on my nans drive

PICT2761.jpg

PICT2769.jpg

Next step for The illiams was to turn into a real track car now... I had had my fun.. Question was what engine do i use....?

First thought was a Ph1 172 engine, so i bought a writen off 172 but ended up putting the engine up for sale as everyone else on Cliosport was starting Mk1 172 builds lol

Lucky for me i found a 2.0 8V engine out of Formula renault race car on ebay and he was willing to swap for the 172 engine

663f_1.jpg

P1000904.jpg

P1000906.jpg

P1000916.jpg

Then it all went abit stale and everything sat doing nothing, I was busy doing other things to other cars.... Then my ex found out Stromba had a rust free Williams 1 shell, which i ended up swapping for the race engine, then i needed the space to build that car so illy had to go..... broke my heart but i had no where to keep the car

DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0298.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

The End.... 2007-07

I don't expect everyone or anyone to understand the illiams... call it rat, scrap, sh*t... what ever you like...... To me it will just be an ill Williams, it was great fun to own and build

Thanks for reading
Winston

lol, illiams. good work mate, would have been sweet to get that F3R fitted. did anything ever happen with those wheels?

A4 Avant
Without wanting to sound rude, but to me you seem to get a car to a half decent standard and then ruin it. Have you ever fully finished a project?

Not baiting or anything.

A4 Avant
It just seemed that before you took the engine out after FCS 07 it was a really nice car, getting magazine featured. Then it just seems to go down hill. Bit of a waste, especially seein the last few pics of it in such a sorry state.

those are some back in the day photos, spesh the under the truck ones. . . from when i was still around at meets :(

jamie

172 Race Car
Didnt know the full illiams story before i read this.

Shame it didnt advance further after the mag feature

Look everyone... THIS is what the project forum is for!

awsome work, i actually really enjoyed reading the story of the car :approve:

Black Gold Trophy
Without wanting to sound rude, but to me you seem to get a car to a half decent standard and then ruin it. Have you ever fully finished a project?

Not baiting or anything.

I totally agree, pretty much anyone can ruin a car, but bringing a sh*t car back to life now thats a different story!

I personally dont think getting a feature is what it's all about...

Take my old car for example...
never got a feature (but to be honest I never even tried to get a feature)

As I bought it...
DSC00056.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

How I sold it...
DSC00053.jpg

DSC00052-1.jpg

DSC00055-1.jpg

corsahighres006.jpg

Ah well, only a matter of opinion!

^LOL^ Vauxhalls in The illiams thread makes Winston sad ;)

I did not set out to get the car in a magazine... It was just a stroke of luck that Simon Jackson was the editor at the time and stumbled across the car at FCS. He understood what the car was about which showed in an excellent write up in the feature

It was cool to beat all my mates to a mag feature lol

Im glad people have enjoyed the projects... I enjoyed making them :)

wait and see ;)
ah i remember comeing round a few times with f0xy helping to take the illiams apart, wus a great car in its time, just wish i could of seen it in its best condition and not half destroyed

Cro

Meg'd r27
Brilliant read, nice to not have it all in the first couple of pages and not have to come back all the time for updates