ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Are those prodrive bumpers hard to come by? Or are they off the shelf items?

I have seen grp replica bumpers but best off trying to find one from a car being broken, expect to pay £300+ for one mind.....The bug in the photo is actually a JDM car and not a UK Prodrive, its known as a Prodrive Style, same bumper but has a roof vent.

RB Clio 182
Love this thread, i have put my clio up for sale to put towards funding one, i have been looking at type r's and p1's, does anyone know of any good ones about at a fair price?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Pain in the ass? I've got oilton tomo :(. Revs were hunting up and down but the car seemed to drive fine although havent given it any stick.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant :(. What can I check, maybe come loose in the engine or disconnected itself from the speedo? Panicking really

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Brilliant :(. What can I check, maybe come loose in the engine or disconnected itself from the speedo? Panicking really

Not a lot you can check without taking the cable out and checking.....Have you a CEL on? Go for a drive and see if the revs are restricted(4.5k)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No cel light and haven't taken it above 4,5. Worth taking it for a spin now? Don't want to potentialy damage the car tomo

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Yeh take it for a quick spin.....You won't damage it if the speedo isnt working, the ESL board you have may not need a signal from the speedo, just see if it revs over 4.5k

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I never was, use to hate the front end but its grown on me a lot over the last 6 months(a bit like the Ph1 172), especially with the Prodrive front bumper.

prodrive_bugeye_01_zps86a166f2.jpg

Now that's awesome :)

535d / t5 caravelle
I have seen grp replica bumpers but best off trying to find one from a car being broken, expect to pay £300+ for one mind.....The bug in the photo is actually a JDM car and not a UK Prodrive, its known as a Prodrive Style, same bumper but has a roof vent.

that bug is perfect, bumper makes so much difference

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately I didn't make oulton today, stupid car :(. I seem to have an issue with either the wire from the back of the speedo going to the speedo sensor on the gearbox or the sensor itself. Hopefully get it looked at on Monday.

535d / t5 caravelle
Unfortunately I didn't make oulton today, stupid car :(. I seem to have an issue with either the wire from the back of the speedo going to the speedo sensor on the gearbox or the sensor itself. Hopefully get it looked at on Monday.

Bet your gutted mate, at least it didn't happen on track when giving it large Ans possibly causing other problems.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I am mate as it sounded like a great day bar the number of red flags. Great believer in fate, allways another day to go on

RS2'd Cup Trackcar

Gutted for you fella :(

I thought your car is a V3?....so is cable driven, a mechanical drive not electronic.....The only wiring is from the cluster back to the ecu.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
When I removed the cluster which btw was an ass especially at night, I removed all the fog light, hazard light connections, broke the indicator one so now the indicators don't work ( I was getting stressed) and there is a round connecting plug that goes onto the back of the unit. The lead for the unit then goes through the bulkhead and connects into the speedo sensor about three inches up, male socket into female socket if that makes any sense?

and yeah version three matey

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
If its a V3 with the pre facelift dash then its a cable driven.....Off the top of my head I can't think what the male/female plug is going through the bulk head.

Did you have the cluster right out? .....because you need to disconnect the cable from the speedo head to do that...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah pre facelift dash. The wire goes through the bulk head and connects into the gearbox sensor, it's like a two piece wire?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It has thrown the cel light on mate, didnt initially but after a bit of a blast the light comes on. I was going to ask wether it's the bottom section or the top one going to the speedo, will try the bottom one first as getting the clocks out is a real pain

yeah that's the culprit in the link. Will give a couple of people a ring Monday :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm guessing he means the corsa in the pic above

I'd imagine it doesn't have a chance against the others there to be honest

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Depends what model Subaru really.

Funnily enough I looked at a Astra VXR shortly after selling my EVO because I fancied something a little more civilised, what put me off was the interior, no different than my daughters CDTI Astra....I walked away!