ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But everything has a price. If you bought a car from a private punter and it turned out to be stolen/clocked/ringer, what would you do? Nothing. Because there's fcuk all you can do.

If you bought it off a trader, you have rights, you can pay by credit card that fullly insures you etc etc.

In fact, didn't you have a problem with that audi multitronic and the trader paid for it?? (I may have you confused with someone else)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
But everything has a price. If you bought a car from a private punter and it turned out to be stolen/clocked/ringer, what would you do?

If you bought it off a trader, you have rights, you can pay by credit card that fullly insures you.

In fact, didn't you have a problem with that audi multitronic and the trader paid for it?? (I may have you confused with someone else)

I did! The trader didn't pay for it and it cost me £2k.

But, I state again, I don't have a problem with dealers, I just prefer to buy privately.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
^^^^^ lol
I don't see a problem with traders, if the price is right etc.

OT: to any turbo boffins, been looking at a view YouTube vids of Sti's with dump valves blanked off. It sounds good etc but is it not healthy for the turbo? Isn't the air flowing over the turbo when it shouldn't be?

Forgive me for maybe sounding dumb etc :)

Chris

53 Clio's & counting
^^^^^ lol
I don't see a problem with traders, if the price is right etc.

OT: to any turbo boffins, been looking at a view YouTube vids of Sti's with dump valves blanked off. It sounds good etc but is it not healthy for the turbo? Isn't the air flowing over the turbo when it shouldn't be?

Forgive me for maybe sounding dumb etc :)

Chris

Personally i'd not want one blanked off - you get a great noise (normally like a loud flutter) but that noise is the inlet air rebounding back off the turbo blades, so a weak/old turbo can be damaged by this.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Obviously videos don't do it justice do they. I think it sounds alright but if it's going to f**k turbo up then forget that

53 Clio's & counting
I see no thread about it?! and you haven't said anything to me in any convo we have had?! (Maybe you no like me :( )

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
calm down dear, i've only had it a month. Tops.

It will be for sale in a minute, just getting my mx5 on the road then I can sell it.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Been behind a blob eye STI just in blue. Was so clean. Want one so bad! :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Saw your thread on SN about the brake lines, sorted in the end?

What a faff mate. Basically whoever had fitted the previous lines didnt do a very good job and tbh they are a tight fit even now. Where they locate on the chassis and then onto the strut etc there was little give when you turned the wheel causing them too rub hence the broken line, I also noticed rubbing on the drivers side too but assumed it was just one of those things with the car. New lines fitted, took a while and no more rubbing, speedo working as it should and took it for a spin on the way home from work, drives spot on and goes like stink :). Will keep an eye on the lines but the mechanic who did the job spent quite some time making sure they were safe.

Impreza RB5 #054
Glad it's sorted, you seem to be having a load of silly little issues don't you.

Anybody else enjoying this cold weather? My car is feeling silly quick at the moment with this cold air, although my clutch will now slip in 5th if it's cold enough outside, I must be on the very limit of what a std clutch can handle power wise.

New wheels arrive tomorrow!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just a pain mate and it doesn't help having not much time and mechanics in work who don't care lol. Will be using another guy I know in future, he's a good guy. Yeah cold weather makes the car come alive, it's amazing a couple of days without it made me miss driving it more than I thought. You looking forward to the new wheels then?

Impreza RB5 #054
Just a pain mate and it doesn't help having not much time and mechanics in work who don't care lol. Will be using another guy I know in future, he's a good guy. Yeah cold weather makes the car come alive, it's amazing a couple of days without it made me miss driving it more than I thought. You looking forward to the new wheels then?

More looking forward to getting back onto 17's, although these 18's look good, they drive is horrible! The 225-30 profile isn't helping either.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
On the way home from work tonight I decided to take the long way home and met a proper done up mcs. Gauges on the dash, big brakes, exhaust etc. I decided not to entice him as he looked a bit posh. By the second roundabout he'd fucked me off with his s**t driving so I tore him a new ass hole. Incase anyone doubted me, I f**king love my car!!! I haven't been beat by anything, even had a gsxr600 rider compliment me once we got to over a ton.

I heart scoob.