ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

True, might cut my losses with this one and get another. My uncle was giving me a lecture on a high mileage RB5 yesterday as well, wish Id listened to him...

Edit: Think it's got boost spike?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Problem with the classics is that they are old and will have been ragged to death. Is it fitted with a boost gauge?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nah car was empty wanted to show a pic to my mate so took a quicky. Boy would of thought I was planning to nick it if he saw me.

impreza wagon S2000
I know it will have had one at some point i just dont understand why the decat wouldnt have a lambda hole welded in. Wont know for certain what it looks like until i get it on a ramp next week.

Thinking of andy forrest to remap it as well.

good luck...Andy has a reasonable reputation I guess :D

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Andy mapped 2 of my classics, legend. Helps he is 15 minutes down the road too.

Decided this is going back on ebay. Its fucked, its quick in a straight line but has dodgy brakes and body roll. Does anyone know what a fucked subaru is worth? Ive done some turd polishing in my time but this tops it. Had a colour change done by a blind man. What the f**k did I smoke when this arrived. Think the adrenaline rush from going quick as f**k made me a bit blinkered.

3 inch exhaust with a decat on.
HKS mushroom filter

That's about it. The exhaust blows on the manifold when it's cold and it misses when it's cold.

I've considered burning it, not for insurance reasons either. Just because it feels like I burned my money. The 2k I was going to spend on this is going towards a different motor.

My mates have called it the rape bus because it feels like something bad has happened in this car.

I took it for a spin and was just in awe of how fast it was. Walked straight into the house and paid. Dont know whether to keep it as a run about or try and sell it. Wouldnt wish it on anyone though!

F56 MINI Cooper S
The RB320

20140329_104325.jpg

20140329_110347.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've considered burning it, not for insurance reasons either. Just because it feels like I burned my money.

My mates have called it the rape bus because it feels like something bad has happened in this car.

Actual lol's! Proper laugh out loud!

I feel your pain, I d done similar in the past.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Well it was inevitable really, driving through town today, 3rd gear at 30mph and set off at least 1 car alarm lol. :eek:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know. I've got a 3" japspeed system and wondered if any 3" centre and backbox would fit to my downpipe?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Should be ok buddy, my downpipe is mongoose and the rest is a Blitz system, although mine did blow at the start but I think that was our fault when fitting it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Going to do a couple of things to the car over the weekend. One of which is cleaning the iacv, easy enough to do?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Did you get sorted mate? ^

Gave the old girl a quick going over today, recently purchased a pressure washer/snow foam thing.

10254026_10152359293902118_8325223962065955574_n.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate all sorted. Tbh I think it was in my head although the car is driving absolutly spot on. You need better pics lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I seem to have developed a misfire around 4,500rpm and a slight air leak noise. At first I thought it was around the exhaust or down pipe but it's not, well unless its right up at the turbo. Vacuum hoses etc all tight. Going to have another proper look with the mechanic tomorrow, getting plugged in too, to see if any fault codes are coming up about the misfire. Hope it's not the decat causing issues.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
At lower rpms it does, but 4,500 and above its hesitant. Had plugs and MAF changed not so long ago.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Standard dump valve and I use BT Ultimate. I've put it in all my cars and never had any issues.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Is it worth sticking the cat back on and give it a try, guessing you've allready thought of that though.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had thought of it, but I'll wait and see if any codes are thrown up on the machine tomorrow, no lights or anything on though. Hopefully should know what's what around lunchtime tomorrow!