ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Impreza RB5 #054
Looking good Dan.

Started work on my friends V3 STI today, he bought it a short while ago with suspected head gasket failure, billowing out white smoke no matter where the revs are.

Was looking like this when i left them

89FC15FE-93D7-45D4-91E8-3C905A2FE50B-208-0000001702326806_zpsd0082e83.jpg

1459957_10200779424467844_890619414_n_zps129b0927.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That's on scoobynet. Lad bought it and a couple of days later its up for sale due to him being offered a p1 aparantly. The car is supposed to be nice and got snapped up quickly the first time round.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How easy is it to map these cars to run maf-less?

Will it affect the map that's already on it? Will I run the risk of damaging other components?

The more i'm looking at them, the more i'm noticing that lots are running without mafs.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If mapped by the likes of Jgm, Duncan at race dynamix the car will run fine. I've spoken to Duncan a few times over stuff, very happy to advise.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Got a link to him? I bet he's local to you isn't he.... 300 miles away from me! lol

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Duncan lives near me in Bournemouth but also travels for mapping. He mapped my last Impreza with a bloody good result for the turbo it was running.

For the stock ecu on Newage Imprezas he uses ECUtek sotfware but you need to pay a license or Open Source software(no license). If you know what you are doing then the OS software is free, a few quid for a VAG COM cable and off you go..

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Is Duncan good? I hear he sails close to the wind on 'safety'. Tbf my car goes like stink and hasn't blown up.

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
I think the measure of a mapper is how busy they are, he is always busy! Maps his own time attack car which is circa of 750bhp.....Obviously there are many others, Simon Roe, Andy F, Paul Blamire just to name a few.

Duncan squeezed this out of my 20g, it doesn't set the world alight in and amongst the big power Imprezas but went well!

2011-10-25123347.gif

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've heard he's a busy chap, it's just what I heard but think there was another motive involved

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
To be fair, I don't think there is any mapper out there that hasn't had an unhappy customer from time to time who is only to keen to post about their experience on an internet forum. I've had two other mappers map my cars, one mapped it so safe it never exploited the mods and the cold start was terrible, the other had it detting its tits off!

172 track car+ rs200
Couple of pics of my others...
could only find 2 of ththem my first one when I was 19
Was a real minter and had the awesome prodrive bilsteins on
IMG_0233.jpg

this was my totally standard v3 Sti was a great car, nice and useable
subaru-impreza-saloon-1857410929-640x480.jpg

subaru-impreza-saloon-1857410919-640x480.jpg

subaru-impreza-saloon-1857410889-640x480.jpg

subaru-impreza-saloon-1857410899-640x480.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
both look great. i loved my white v3 sti. so much better than the uk turbo out of the box. much quicker too.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah pictures are crap, it's a woman owner so thought it may of just been a girly touch but wanted to make sure.

Asked about rust too. Hopefully there isn't any

Impreza RB5 #054
Only place I've seen them go is the rear arches on the UK's.

I've had 2 UK's and the only problem I've had are drivers window mech going and the std sigma alarm playing up and disabling the fuel pump.

Even at that mileage it will feel nice to drive, the gearbox and suspension will be nice and tight. If looked after they take the miles well.

PH2 Flamer
Got my mind set on it at the moment. Nothing else within that price range around me i think is worth a look.

I understand this model should have the twin tip exhaust as standard?