ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Impreza picture and discussion thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Pretty much quick Turbo pick up. Spooling all the time?

This! When you switch it on you feel the turbo surge as such, no foot on pedal and it pulls along still if that makes sense?

I kept switching it on at llandow track day in August if you remember dan

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Noise is fun! Omex limiter on the Fiesta ST is stupidly good fun.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
You know you can just buy a flames kit!

mine used to flame after it was mapped. I did spend a lot more time at the petrol station tho. Lol

Impreza RB5 #054
The Ecu you have Dan which is a Ecutek doesn't have antilag or launch control , you would need to buy a aftermarket Ecu like Simtec/Alcatek and it would just be a case of the mapper activating it.

http://www.jollygreenmonster.com/subaru.htm

Modern day anti-lag is all to do with ignition timing i think, where as old school they would feed drips of fuel into the exhaust manifold before the turbo which would cause explosion if you like and keep the exhaust turbine in the turbo spinning thus keeping it on boost. I might be wrong though.

Someone like Jay90 would be the man to ask.

Last edited:

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
2nd vid.

Much, much better.

Alfie will think your a super hero.

Wife will never talk to you again. Do it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol at that second video! Proper Subaru stuff. Pops and bangs remap!

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
The antilag you see with the majority of road going Subarus is not "true" antilag, its basically a gimmick and offers barely nothing in terms of performance. Its done by increasing ideal speed and adjusting fuel and timing, most of the commonly used Subaru aftermarket ECU's support it.

........even the newage OE denso ecu can now support it using the Carberry Rom and OS mapping.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's the name! Carberry! That's the set up on Bens impreza. Couldn't think of the name until now

RS2'd Cup Trackcar
The P1 in the video is probably the best P1 in the country, built by RCM......I wouldn't like to guess how much money has been thrown at it!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking for a video I may have posted before on launch control :eek:

Found this..

Think how quick this would be on the rocket fuel we call 95RON this side of the pond....

Holy smokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Here's the one I wanted !

Those sensitive to rude words might want to knock the volume down a bit towards the end !

Last edited by a moderator:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
New splitter fitted, better??

Before

impreza004_zps4aa65a32.gif

After

impreza_zps6b2bab02.gif

Clio 182,Ducati 888!
Ive had my impreza since febuary and its as much fun now as when i first got it,except for fuel consumption!!Will try to sort out pictures later but am between my old and new computer and windows 8 is hard work!!
Brief history and spec,it was imported by powerstation in 2005 and is a classic sti version 3,it was Powerstations developement car and was used to develop the engine work for the Litchfield type cars and also the Porsche gt3rs/turbo brake kits.
Engine spec now brand new jdm spec c 2.0 engine revs to 8k!!with sti version 3 heads(more aggressive cams)MoTeC M48 pro with full data logging antilag and launch control, Andy forrest td05 20g billet turbo,rcm headers,full system in 3",rcm 550 injectors,HKS front intercooler,rcm catch tank etc etc runs on 20% methanol mix and is @410bhp at 1.5bar mapped by zen performance.
Brakes are Porsche gt3 rs calipers,AP racing 356mm discs and bells and pagid pads standard but uprated on rears.
Wheels are Ultralite atecs in 18" with goodyears all round,suspension is poly bushed throughout with white line rollbars drop links and braces plus ast race series suspension with full geo set up by zen performance.
Interior full cusco dash dodger cage,set of 5 prosport gauges,apexi avcr,knocklink custom fitted above dashboard,nardi deep dish suede steering wheel,aero toggle switches fo antilag and launch,twin harnesses and stripped out rear.
Body wise its in white and mint as was resprayed last winter inc arches cutting away new ones fitted and rolled for the 225 tyres morrettes with custom air feeds fitted to inners and custom crystal headlights and crystal indicators etc,aero catches carbon fibre high level spoiler and vortex generator(which i'm about to remove),jun splitter and de badged stickered alround.
So far done a couple of track days and 5 days of drag racing where best time so far is 12.01 at 122mph will easily do 11s but clutch is nearly shot now.Car will be getting a ppg box over winter and a change of turbo/injectors and will be going for @450bhp.

IMG_2425.jpg

Last edited:
  RS2'd Cup Trackcar
Ive had my impreza since febuary and its as much fun now as when i first got it,except for fuel consumption!!Will try to sort out pictures later but am between my old and new computer and windows 8 is hard work!!
Brief history and spec,it was imported by powerstation in 2005 and is a classic sti version 3,it was Powerstations developement car and was used to develop the engine work for the Litchfield type cars and also the Porsche gt3rs/turbo brake kits.
Engine spec now brand new jdm spec c 2.0 engine revs to 8k!!with sti version 3 heads(more aggressive cams)MoTeC M48 pro with full data logging antilag and launch control, Andy forrest td05 20g billet turbo,rcm headers,full system in 3",rcm 550 injectors,HKS front intercooler,rcm catch tank etc etc runs on 20% methanol mix and is @410bhp at 1.5bar mapped by zen performance.
Brakes are Porsche gt3 rs calipers,AP racing 356mm discs and bells and pagid pads standard but uprated on rears.
Wheels are Ultralite atecs in 18" with goodyears all round,suspension is poly bushed throughout with white line rollbars drop links and braces plus ast race series suspension with full geo set up by zen performance.
Interior full cusco dash dodger cage,set of 5 prosport gauges,apexi avcr,knocklink custom fitted above dashboard,nardi deep dish suede steering wheel,aero toggle switches fo antilag and launch,twin harnesses and stripped out rear.
Body wise its in white and mint as was resprayed last winter inc arches cutting away new ones fitted and rolled for the 225 tyres morrettes with custom air feeds fitted to inners and custom crystal headlights and crystal indicators etc,aero catches carbon fibre high level spoiler and vortex generator(which i'm about to remove),jun splitter and de badged stickered alround.
So far done a couple of track days and 5 days of drag racing where best time so far is 12.01 at 122mph will easily do 11s but clutch is nearly shot now.Car will be getting a ppg box over winter and a change of turbo/injectors and will be going for @450bhp.View attachment 106048
Matt's old car...

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking for some advice. Looking at replacing the coilovers (hsd) with standard shocks and after market springs, what are my options? Daily car albeit low miles and a few trackdays.