ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Pint. One of the bonuses of working through the full hours of daylight!
Managed to make it to Manchester after a 4 hour delay last night just in time for Sean Price to come on stage. Took my 50mm & 10-20 but shot mainly with the 50. I should have taken my flash.

A few from last night which came out alright.
15307281090_592e580bf6_c.jpg
Sean Price - Manchester
by A_Cro, on Flickr

15307272400_9a440e4af8_c.jpg
Sean Price - Manchester
by A_Cro, on Flickr

15493990655_822ff294db_c.jpg
Sean Price - Manchester
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Any thoughts of taking photos of anything outside my house and fallen by the wayside for the past month, all good fun though and the little Sony RX1 is just unreal...

15507308552_092fc97c34_c.jpg
Henry by Harry_S, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like that Tony.
I'm off to London at the end of the month with the wife for a few nights. Hopefully manage to get out for some night photography one one of the nights.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Medves Photo Maraton was held this weekend. It is a 2 day outdoor competition for photographers in the Nógrád Novohgrad Geopark (first international geopark in Europe). I took this pic yesterday morning in very serious fog on the Medves (Medves Plateau is the central part of the NNG).

15511752402_d60f4f167f_c.jpg
Trees of Nightmareland
by <-Y->, on Flickr

Went out a few weeks back to try some street at night, still not sure what the difference is between street and a random picture. Took this, quite like it but don't really think it would be classed as street.

Really like this, nicely framed and the guy in frame makes it in my opinion.

I like that Tony.
I'm off to London at the end of the month with the wife for a few nights. Hopefully manage to get out for some night photography one one of the nights.

Really like this, nicely framed and the guy in frame makes it in my opinion.

Thanks chaps.

Got a few more from that night, as i attempted street. I think this isn't street but i do quite like it as a picture.
The DF handles high ISO so well, i love it.

London at night, or the really really early hours is a whole new world, so different to what you normally get. If you get a chance Aaron, do it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Picked my mate up from the airport today so nipped in to Liverpool and over to Crosby beach to get a few shots.

Probably my best of the day

15350595847_25f9abf201_c.jpg
Solitude
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Want to go there for sunset again soon.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Class picture mate!!
Cheers. I need to get the exposure right enough so the land in the distance isn't as noticable, its either that or just remove it in post which I don't really want to do.

Any closer to getting your 6d? I'm hoping to get mine after christmas.

Your iPhone images are really good btw.

Tbf, there's nothing wrong with it how it is mate,

No something always comes up, got a big service on the car and a few other finances I need to sort first.. But the old iPhone will do for now. It's unreal how much I miss having a dslr though, Iv missed loads of good opportunities recently that the iPhone just isn't capable of catching :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Couple from a trip along the Thames the other weekend..

I'm quite happy how this one turned out..:
15549584051_2400a7a517_c.jpg

And this, as we're doing ~20mph .. the other boat was doing 35+ and I was using my 10-20 :blush:
14931514354_a923858acd_c.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice! You have the baller spec 1.4 50mm don't you?

Cheers.
Nope, just a pauper spec 1.8. It'll do me for now though, still get decent images from it, just have to watch out for front/back focusing issues with it.
I think this was manual focus while guessing as the camera was so low to the ground.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cheers.
Nope, just a pauper spec 1.8. It'll do me for now though, still get decent images from it, just have to watch out for front/back focusing issues with it.
I think this was manual focus while guessing as the camera was so low to the ground.

I forgot how good the 50 was until I went out with it yesterday, my 10-20 doesn't even get close to the crispness :(

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot how good the 50 was until I went out with it yesterday, my 10-20 doesn't even get close to the crispness 😧

You got the Sigma 10-20? The sharpest I can get images with that lens seems to be f8 but its still not as sharp as I'd like.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think that's where you need to spend the money and go for a canon model instead but it's likely to be at least double the price.
It'll do me for now until I can afford an upgrade

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm not good enough or even have a body good enough to go for anything more expensive at the moment. I've kind of hit a wall where my images and my PP aren't getting any better and it's kind of annoying haha

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Try something different. Getting out of your comfort zone will help.
There's a photography meet thread now, hopefully something will come of it and we will sort a meet out that's fairly central.
Will be good to chat to other people on here about photography.