ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Haven't got a ND filter for the 18-55mm just my 50mm and i didn't use it today. Was just checking out the beach first time i've been to this one. Be going again very soon with my 50mm and filter for some slow shutter speeds. Ooooft

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That looks a good spot for long exposure photography.
I probably would have got the ND filter for your kit lens though as it will offer you a bit more of a range for landscapes etc.
Which filter did you get?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That looks a good spot for long exposure photography.
I probably would have got the ND filter for your kit lens though as it will offer you a bit more of a range for landscapes etc.
Which filter did you get?
Yeah i just got some quick shots there Aaron, i was quit exited there and cautious as the tide was coming in and once it's in there's no way out other than swimming in the English channel lol. That beach where i was at yesterday is a really good spot of a beach it's not really for public as it's very dangerous to get to it climbing over big boulders and that. Saw 3 photographers there too, 2 of them were doing long exposures. Loads of different spots there for really good pics.

I've took almost 100 pics in RAW there and i wasn't sure wether to post some up on here?

I'll be going back to it most likely next Saturday with my 50mm and ND1000 SRB photography filter it's a 10 stop cost me £25, i'm not bothering getting one for my 18-55mm as i'll be upgrading a new EF lens soon

Also some pics that i took yesterday i put on Flickr and 1 picture has over 150 views already no Fav yet like but well chuffed first couple of pics i've had over 100 i've ever had. No where near as some of you lots views and likes like

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Also it's my last beginners class session this Wednesday and i need to bring in 5 pictures to see how far i've progressed. What do you lot think i should take in by what you've seen on my Flickr or on here? Was thinking about taking some night shots been really cloudy so no star pics but car trails just something different to take in.

Also i'll be doing the next level up next month for another 10 weeks

Also it's my last beginners class session this Wednesday and i need to bring in 5 pictures to see how far i've progressed. What do you lot think i should take in by what you've seen on my Flickr or on here? Was thinking about taking some night shots been really cloudy so no star pics but car trails just something different to take in.

Also i'll be doing the next level up next month for another 10 weeks

Ive favoured 5 pics mate, they are the ones id take.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Ive favoured 5 pics mate, they are the ones id take.
Thanks for that. I need to bring in pictures that I've taken this year. The one with the morning mist was taken couple years ago so need to replace that one

The 5th most popular in City & Architecture section on 500PX today.

aa0898ebabd81aaa61e332f639399414.jpg
Standing Tall by Tony Sellen on 500px

Think its the highest I've had.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The 5th most popular in City & Architecture section on 500PX today.

aa0898ebabd81aaa61e332f639399414.jpg
Standing Tall by Tony Sellen on 500px

Think its the highest I've had.
Awesome picture Tony, seen on Flickr just now and going through some other ones of yours and one caught my eye over 23,000 views wow lol.

This looks like a oriental syle buildings on the sides and new modern up front with a black mirror style water, how do you get it so mirror like, is it cos it's on such a long exposure? and how do compensate for the brightness as the longer it stays open the brighter the shot gets that's how i found it doing that Fulling Mill.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
IMG_6007-copy_edited-1.jpg

Re take of this shot, 30 secs i stepped back a bit to get more of the water and less of the top of the building as last time. Plus a little bit more of the left of the building. The river wasn't as busier so to speak as the other.

I'm popping over to Seaham tomorrow for more long exposure shots

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That second one is really nice. I like how you've managed to keep some of the rocks. Good timing of the tides!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That second one is really nice. I like how you've managed to keep some of the rocks. Good timing of the tides!
Thanks Aaron, took a few as you say the waves was in and out so this one was about right. Was wearing my wellies too lol, came prepared this time. Do you think this will be better than the colour version. I'll post up a couple more

Also the guy you teaches the class said to me about that Curve Ball Lighthouse Pic, he said it was a really good shot but could of made the blacks stand out a bit more with it been B&W. Does the b&w look ok as in should i have darkened it a bit more?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Aaron, took a few as you say the waves was in and out so this one was about right. Was wearing my wellies too lol, came prepared this time. Do you think this will be better than the colour version. I'll post up a couple more
Put a colour version up too but it's personal preference. If the colour in the sky is good then the colour version can often look better. I'm more of a monochrome man though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There's a couple more i took but it looks like some a very slight out of focus, either by putting on the Filter or the waves hitting the tripod or the wind cos it was very windy. I see on Flickr B&W is very popular like Aaron

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Indeed, a very nice one at that! not my cup of tea but I can see why there is such an appeal to owning one.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
@Geddes - I prefer the B&W shot of the wheel but the colour looks nice.

@Yanoo Cracking shot. Really can't wait until the summer when the Milky way is at its best. The only way I have tried to clear up the LP is using the individual colour sliders in Lightroom. Takes a while though. You've done a good job of it however you've done it.

@Matt_90 Another cracking wedding shot there.

One of the eclipse yesterday and two from work from today...

16266965813_560008969b_c.jpg
Eclipse
by A_Cro, on Flickr

16885970941_3fff51c5ec_c.jpg
Saturday sundown
by A_Cro, on Flickr

16264571114_0ea8163fb1_c.jpg
Venus - Crescent - Victory
by A_Cro, on Flickr

Swift Sport
As always my photos aren't particularly good, but I liked this one from today...
16709938280_3defebf14f_c.jpg

Taken with my Canon bridge camera. I think I need to get Photoshop.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Thank you for all.
@Aaron.. : Reducing the light pollution was very difficult. I had to redo it 4 times to get a proper result. I wanted to buy a UHC/LPR filter, but well... a good LPR filter is very expensive. :(

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
@Geddes I like the last one, keep going your work is improving every time you take the camera out!

I have been editing a few photos I totally forgot I even had!

16698480268_c0406f4f04_b.jpg
Thanks for that, sometimes i have no idea if it's a good picture or not. It's good to have other peoples comments and views. Great picture by the way very slick and amazing poses

Awesome picture Tony, seen on Flickr just now and going through some other ones of yours and one caught my eye over 23,000 views wow lol.

This looks like a oriental syle buildings on the sides and new modern up front with a black mirror style water, how do you get it so mirror like, is it cos it's on such a long exposure? and how do compensate for the brightness as the longer it stays open the brighter the shot gets that's how i found it doing that Fulling Mill.

Cheers Mark.
Its only got so many views as it made explore.
The water is like that as its a inner dock so very still. The oriental style building is a Chinese restaurant on a boat.
You need to balance the light with the dark and expose the shot correctly, or get a grad filter may help.

I like your photo of the sea with the wheels in it, looks really good.

Aaron, some great work there again mate.

I've got one on flickr's explore again today..........

16894581285_4ddd90b8b3_c.jpg
Can't See The Sea
by TS446Photo, on Flickr

Tried making the most of a dull day at the coast. Managed to loose the horizon line and the add some subtle ones of my own. I think (hope) it works.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that definately works Tony. I hoped for something similar with the boat shot the other day but it just wasn't dull enough. Probably didn't help that I couldn't do a long exposure either.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Had a go with a mates dslr today at the btcc media day and managed to get a photo i quite liked
16918485102_eb7d889b13.jpg

I have no idea if its edited at all as he sent me it as a jpeg but ive defiantly got the bug now, just need to save for a camera..

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Another wedding shot..Sorry about FB quality can't be bothered to upload to flickr.

1908042_542217142584088_8976021084432054448_n.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Abbey Arched Windows B&W.jpg
Abbey Arched Windows.jpg
Ached Ceiling.jpg

Not sure which looks better the colour or the B&W and the last one i struggled to get in focus in AF and MF with it being really dark inside and i was tucked low in the corner.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I like the sky in the colour one... it has a strange effect with the black and white, almost looks like glass!