ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Merc A class
Is that La Ferrari? Never really how bat s**t crazy the rear was... awesome!

As above its the Race/track version 2.2 million and you have to own it for 2 years before ferrari let you take it home without there technical/race team

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The light was just perfect for this shot. My highest ranking pic on explore so far

19249750200_b6c292de4a_b.jpg
Forest by N.Oberson, auf Flickr
lovely picture and angle pointing upwards from the ground, done well to get onto Explore and noticed a few on here been on Explore, i've never been on there yet.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Only hand a look at a couple of them but you must have kept your iso at 100.
Did you use a tripod for the landscapes? If not, they will be the reasons for lack of sharpness as they are 1/15th of a seconds exposure I think.
If you did have it on a tripod, then I'm not sure, maybe a focus issue with the lens itself? Try manual focus and using a remote shutter.

Nice shots tho, love the Highlands. Congrats on the wedding too.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
As Aaron said, nice shots like all 4 of them and congratulations. Looks like a overcast day not much sun light. Anything around 1/60 - 1/30 or lower ideally to use a tripod. if you shot it in RAW you might bring some detail back in the eidting on DPP, photoshop or whatever. If your not using the tripod and want the shutter more than 1/60 increase the ISO to 200-400 to increase the shutter or lower the Aperture from f14 to say f11 or f8 another way to increase shutter speed. Took me 5 months to finally figure the exposure triangle out.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Thanks both! :smile:

No room for a tripod in our luggage as we flew unfortunately 😧

I'm a keep it in AV mode man most of the time as it takes me a while to get comfortable in manual. The light sensor in my camera doesn't seem to chose the right shutter speed either haha

They're edited in light room too, that's as much detail as I could get out of them.

I usually shoot in a lower aperture of around f9 but I thought I'd try it out a bit higher in this trip, in hindsight a poor decision with the overcast windy days and no tripod.

We are planning a trip to the lakes soon and I'll definitely take the tripod then and try to better my shots!

Thanks again

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Try using auto iso if you are a bit unsure, you should be able to set the max iso if you don't want it going too high, so maybe max 800.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Try using auto iso if you are a bit unsure, you should be able to set the max iso if you don't want it going too high, so maybe max 800.

I didn't know auto ISO was possible so I'll look into that, thanks!

Anything above ISO 800 on my antique camera does look horrendous lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't know auto ISO was possible so I'll look into that, thanks!

Anything above ISO 800 on my antique camera does look horrendous lol
Yeah, just looking online because I was doubting myself, it looks like it might not be on your camera. Maybe just try shooting 200 if you notice the shutter speed dropping.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As above its the Race/track version 2.2 million and you have to own it for 2 years before ferrari let you take it home without there technical/race team

You're just making me want it even more (if that was possible)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Ive got a Canon 70D, still don't know how to use it.

Some of these pictures are amazing guys.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Ive got a Canon 70D, still don't know how to use it.

Some of these pictures are amazing guys.
it's all about going out and practice practice and practice. Trust me that's how you learn and go through the manual and read it again and again, read the tutorials on here and yes may sound daft but the tutorials are defo worth reading. I'm still a noob but learnt so much past 7 months just by going out and learning the settings and i'm still learning. The picture there that i took of the monument it wasn't my best shot the best 2 shots had sun glare on the lens, the sun lit up the monument and grass at the bottom and beutifull cloud formations, noob move not concentrating

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Thanks mate, i hate reading.

Its alot of money for a point and shoot and i know it can take some great pictures, i need to make the most out of it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nipped down to the beach last night. Could have stayed there all night if I didn't have things planned for this morning. Milky way down Cornwall is ridiculous. Next time we come I'm planning to drive down further south. Taken at Porthpean beach, 50mm 1.8, 15 seconds iso 4000 I think. Edited on phone. I'll edit properly when I get home.

0e7ad127a0d5abc7cf80a84ed9b6d692.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nipped down to the beach last night. Could have stayed there all night if I didn't have things planned for this morning. Milky way down Cornwall is ridiculous. Next time we come I'm planning to drive down further south. Taken at Porthpean beach, 50mm 1.8, 15 seconds iso 4000 I think. Edited on phone. I'll edit properly when I get home.

0e7ad127a0d5abc7cf80a84ed9b6d692.jpg
very impressive Aaron, i need a trip out some where and camp to take shots like these.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Those 3 pics are stunning like, you can see those in art galleries.

Took this last night, 1 of 50 i took, as i've said hit and miss on quit a few of them. Still not sure on this picture like
Redcar Sunset.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Couple more from Cornwall.
Long exposure at Mevagissey, shot rested on my camera strap as I didn't take my tripod with me that day!

19700908041_843a278f04_c.jpg
The rock
by Aaron, on Flickr

6 shot panoramic, attempted stitch. The Zenitar 16mm lens has a lot of distortion which made this a right ball ache! Should have packed my 17-35!
19074096204_ec69b379fc_c.jpg
Porthpean Beach Milky Way
by Aaron, on Flickr

I have one to attempt taken with the 50mm but it's going to be a right pain as its about 30 shots!

Clio 197 RB
Just got back from Bali, took 100's of photos but heres a few of my favourites.

Tanah Lot Temple, Tabanan.
19121140394_2ed909edbc_c.jpg
IMG_3317 by warren todd, on Flickr

19717533536_4480392f07_c.jpg
IMG_3316 by warren todd, on Flickr

19744061825_7b0c251712_c.jpg
IMG_3351 by warren todd, on Flickr

Sanur Beach

19748826521_5bcae779d9_c.jpg
IMG_3113 by warren todd, on Flickr

The Barong Dance, Paru Dalem in Ubud

19556111038_cc0218a73c_c.jpg