ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

2014 Focus Titanium
Do you have a resolution big enough to use as a wallpaper? That's stunning mate!

Thanks mate, I will have somewhere definitely! I've thought about entering it into competitions or something but thought it's probably not good enough, still one of the best shots I've managed though!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Thanks mate, I will have somewhere definitely! I've thought about entering it into competitions or something but thought it's probably not good enough, still one of the best shots I've managed though!
If there's competitions to be entered . Get your name down defo it's defo up there like

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
So tonight I tried Art/fashion nudes for the first time, bit different to my usual stuff.

Here is a link to the NSFW images - http://www.matthewlawrencephotos.co.uk/art-nude

I haven't edited them much, just general tweaks to levels. I quite like the RAW look to them.

Feel free to to C&C

MLR_3070.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I quite like that Matt. Not really into that type of photography myself but you have a nice set there.

Nipped to the beach last night to try and get a decent sunset (the night before was amazing but u couldn't be arsed moving). Fast moving clouds and the colour only lasted a couple of minutes.
90 second exposure.
20316638162_b636f18b11_c.jpg
ThirtyTwo/FiftyTwo - Winds of change by Aaron, on Flickr

Clio 1.2 16v
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439020547.595380.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439020577.710864.jpg

I've been using Snapseed to edit my photos as I still can't get my head around CS6 yet, what do you guys think?

Reactions: C.J

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Nice that Scott.
Try some throw away hand warmers and rubber bands attached to the lens.
I usually start them when I leave the house so they are up to temp for when I start shooting. Never had a foggy lens since I tried them.
I usually pick up a few from a camping shop or a garage.

That the ISS coming from the top of the frame?

Fiesta ST-3
Nice that Scott.
Try some throw away hand warmers and rubber bands attached to the lens.
I usually start them when I leave the house so they are up to temp for when I start shooting. Never had a foggy lens since I tried them.
I usually pick up a few from a camping shop or a garage.

That the ISS coming from the top of the frame?

Thanks mate I had read that so will give it a whirl. Not sure, either that or a plane, I wasn't present at the time lol.

Clio 1.2 16v
Snapseed on iPad? That's what I use.
I know it's not as good as using a laptop with Photoshop/lightroom (which I also have), but I find editing photos on my iPad with the SD card adapter really easy.

Yeah that's the one, until I learn how to use PS it'll do me

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
One from my first Gay wedding, got a few more booked next year M&M and F&F. Struggled a little bit with posing as they were camera shy, but managed to get this shot freelensing.

Nikon D750 //50mm Freelens. ( I will write a separate thread about why every full frame Nikon user should buy a D750)

11846594_606165059522629_8588401165739674876_n.jpg

One from my first Gay wedding, got a few more booked next year M&M and F&F. Struggled a little bit with posing as they were camera shy, but managed to get this shot freelensing.

Nikon D750 //50mm Freelens. ( I will write a separate thread about why every full frame Nikon user should buy a D750)

Already started one... Please feel free to add more reasons and help me with lenses lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What are your opinions or comments on the sunset picture above? In my opinion I'm really pleased with it, didn't want a great deal of brightness on the foreground just a hint. I expected to have a little more interest in Flickr .

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's nice. I'd like to see either more detail in the city or a silhouette of it. The sky is superb. Are you using lightroom yet?if so, just up the shadow slider a tad and see why happens.
We had a similar sky the other night but I didn't go our for it and I regretted it 10 minutes later.

As for Flickr, don't get worked up if a shot doesn't get many comments etc. I've had some which I thought would get a lot of interest get nothing and some which to me were throw away images get a lot of comments. Flickr is weird like that.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It's nice. I'd like to see either more detail in the city or a silhouette of it. The sky is superb. Are you using lightroom yet?if so, just up the shadow slider a tad and see why happens.
We had a similar sky the other night but I didn't go our for it and I regretted it 10 minutes later.

As for Flickr, don't get worked up if a shot doesn't get many comments etc. I've had some which I thought would get a lot of interest get nothing and some which to me were throw away images get a lot of comments. Flickr is weird like that.

thanks Aaron, when i was using the sliders on the highlights i was up and down siloute and +20 one or the other didn't want too much detail on the bottom. this time round i did+45 on highlights i didn't wan't to over expose the highlights. I was literrly going to walk off i thought it was a no go the sunset happened right until the last 15 mins or so.

No not using Lightroom still using Elements 11. I need a 64 bit pc i'm on windows too. Been looking i can't use photoshop on a 32 bit pc only a 64 bit. I've got loads of good pics but need tweeking on Lighroom. I'm really limited on Elements 11 on what i can do. I reken it would improve my photo's a little.

Yeah, we've talked about this before, it is strange.

Try this one i just redone
20280890009_1bbabba515_z.jpg
Sunset at Durham Cathedral by Mark Geddes, on Flickr

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I like it Mark. You should keep the first edit on Flickr too. You can then go back and compare.

You can get Lightroom to run on a 32bit os on Windows if you find Lightroom 4, it's what I used to use on my old laptop. I'm still running Windows, just updated to 64bit now.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Too late i deleted it, i'm a bit OCD having 2 the same pics next to each other lol. I remember you mentioned Lightroom 4 and i looked on amazon but it's no longer available and i haven't looked on some certain sites cough cough. Don't do that any more. Lightroom 4 should do me fine. Does that run off line too?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just find Lightroom 4 somewhere and then look on YouTube for the serial number. It doesn't phone in to check every time you use it so you don't need to worry about that.

As for the other images, it's good to keep some to see how they differ to your other edits. Maybe don't upload them all but keep them on your computer.

Sky looks nice @Geddes !

I upload every single picture I take, edited and unedited. But only select the odd few to go 'public'. At least every picture is backed up too.

It was Sunday evening and I decided to jump in the car and find a field. This field is literally 3.3 miles from my front door, and could easily be my new spot for future sky/sunset/star shots.

As you would expect, it was silent and peaceful. I only took a couple of dozen photos, and while I'm still editing them, I thought I'd upload this one.

All of my photos are edited on my iPad. I usually use 'Snapseed', but today I've used 'PhotoGene'. One downside to using these apps, they won't output at the full image size (6,000 x 4,000) and instead 5,616 x 3,744. I doubt this will ever be a problem for me, unless anyone tells me differently?!

20248840870_1881b23e4c_h.jpg
Awaiting the sunset by Chris J, on Flickr

20455453646_f3c15e2cde_h.jpg
Overlooking East Yorkshire by Chris J, on Flickr

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I like the first one like, could use the top one and send it to Sony to promote the A7?. Just my opinion like, i would get a shot like a tunnel effect of bails to use up the full width of the shot. from left to right say. could do a 70 of the sky and 30 of the round bails and get up close to the bails.

I like the first one like, could use the top one and send it to Sony to promote the A7?. Just my opinion like, i would get a shot like a tunnel effect of bails to use up the full width of the shot. from left to right say. could do a 70 of the sky and 30 of the round bails and get up close to the bails.
I've got a few I want to edit, but think there might be a couple like you said...

20296343360_22200ac36e_b.png

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
you took a few eh, which is what i do, different angles and compositions and so on. The two on the far left in the middle, got nice lighting on the bails and ground and nice sky too. Nice set of images like. I'd like to see that one edit :smile:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
20302881730_f1d84c96c4_z.jpg
Waterfall At The Lakes by Mark Geddes, on Flickr
Had this for a while, i didn't think it was a great shot but i kept it. Thought i'd waste time an edit it lol. If i had Lightroom i'd would of gotten rid of the branch on the right as it's distracting the "S" shape leading line from bottom left to the waterfall at the top

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Why don't you have Lightoom? Cost or min sys requirements?
Yeah i've got a 32bit windows pc. I've got photoshop elements 11 and it's basic stuff. I would like a newer pc for editing and 64bit bigger storage and decent gfx card if i need that for editing i don't know.

A couple from the other night. I'm not 100% happy with them tbh.

19886324794_605dae4304_h.jpg
Yorkshire Hay Bales by Chris J, on Flickr

20322299579_b2f518395c_h.jpg
Hay Bales in Yorkshire - Londesborough by Chris J, on Flickr

I'm tempted to pop out tonight again, if it's clear, and attempt a s sky shot. Any tips? Longest exposure (30s)?

Wife made these last night, and I took a quick picture before taking them to work this morning:

20513290505_7aec1220ee_h.jpg
Chocolate on Chocolate with sprinkles on top by Chris J, on Flickr