ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

clio 200
47923590751_1317713248_b.jpg
Stamford Trails by Jon Hare, on Flickr

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
48713737951_c275a548d3_b.jpg
BTCC Snetterton 2018 - 8 by Gavin Ellis, on Flickr

Finally got around to editing some I took at Snetterton last year in the rain.

Still working on the panning, and 9 out of focus ones for every good one but it's all fun.

Clio 2.0 138hp
What editing do you actually do to your photos, if you don't mind me asking. I've tried adjusting exposure and sorting white balance out but nothing seems to give me anything like yours. Every photo seems to come out way darker than i want it to. Only just seen your work so excuse the rather delayed comment :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What editing do you actually do to your photos, if you don't mind me asking. I've tried adjusting exposure and sorting white balance out but nothing seems to give me anything like yours. Every photo seems to come out way darker than i want it to. Only just seen your work so excuse the rather delayed comment :)

That was a quick edit using Snapseed, the file sent over using the Canon app which sends a tiny image over.
I probably only upped the shadows, straightened the horizon, added some clarity/structure and maybe some highlight work. It was around 01.30am and I was in the only pub open when doing this, drinking far more than I should have.

I don't think I actually edited the RAW from this, might have to go back to it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's a nice camera isn't it @Scrooge

Easy to carry, nice weight, well made, and prime fixed lens. I love mine, although mines not a F.
Perfect for carrying around, barely an edit needed and saves me f**king about with the DSLR. It’s making me enjoy photography again.

shame it’s a bit soft under F4 though

I totally lost my interest in photography. I don't know whether I will get it back or won't. Maybe... I have not felt the "itch" to take pics since last November. Here is a depressive one from June:

View attachment 1450695
Into the Clouds by <-Y->, on Flickr
I sort of feel the same - part of me wonders if it is because of the sheer ease of getting decent pics nowadays, so putting in effort with a 'proper camera' just seems to be a waste of time when all someone's going to do is click 'Like' and then swipe down 0.5 seconds later :rolleyes: because they've seen 50 other amazing pics today.

Still debating Whether or not to get a new DSLR but the drone fills that spot for now View attachment 1450704
Nice shot - you could probably sell that to whatever circuit that is.

Clio 2.0 138hp
That was a quick edit using Snapseed, the file sent over using the Canon app which sends a tiny image over.
I probably only upped the shadows, straightened the horizon, added some clarity/structure and maybe some highlight work. It was around 01.30am and I was in the only pub open when doing this, drinking far more than I should have.

I don't think I actually edited the RAW from this, might have to go back to it.
Well fair play, drunk and still working one of those apps is quite some feat. Can barely do it when sober myself.
Ill have to give it another bash.
Just cant seem to pull any detail back into the photos. Trip down the pub for me ...

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well fair play, drunk and still working one of those apps is quite some feat. Can barely do it when sober myself.
Ill have to give it another bash.
Just cant seem to pull any detail back into the photos. Trip down the pub for me ...
It depends what the photo is like to start with.
Is it night photos you are taking about?
Post an example and I'll try and give any tips I can.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Another drone shot from the same day as the last one, Weather has been a bit poor so not been able to fly much, Guess that's the upside of a dslr, can still get out and snap away even when it's blowing a gale and pissing down [emoji23]

Really think I'm gonna get a new body, Probably an older Nikon D7200 or similar
23d0953c205f52a3bb664836bcf52e27.jpg