ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

172 and vw passat
6203461270_87d8f47bcd_z.jpg

Spider from the garden by Duncan_Williams, on Flickr

6220277606_1ec64bab01_b.png

Musee d'orsay by Brazo76, on Flickr

Story behind this shot :eek:

Photos are strictly prohibited in Musee d'orsay and the signs were very clear, I was disappointed as I wanted to take some shots. However every American and Japanese tourist was snapping away with phones, slr's and video cams so I thought I'd chance my arm. Fortunately the Sony NEX3 with 16mm pancake lens is very small and I screwed a 10 stopper onto the end. I saw the above shot and set camera to F8 for 30 seconds, aiming for underexposure so as not to blow out highlights and it was then my intention to rescue in raw! I set the camera on a ledge but inadvertently clicked onto F9 resulting in even more underexposure! Little did I know the focus light was shining straight into a cctv camera - oops! Anyway just as the 30 seconds was up a tap on my shoulder by a security guard:eek: A stream of french came out and I caught "Confiscate appereil photo". In my best French I managed Je suis tres desole monsieur, pardon, pardon, ce'st dans mon sac maintenant and I scurried off :eek: Was worth it imo ;)

Sorry repost as Flickr (me) cocked it up

6220277606_72543eb6be_b.png

Musee d'orsay by Brazo76, on Flickr

Story behind this shot :eek:

Photos are strictly prohibited in Musee d'orsay and the signs were very clear, I was disappointed as I wanted to take some shots. However every American and Japanese tourist was snapping away with phones, slr's and video cams so I thought I'd chance my arm. Fortunately the Sony NEX3 with 16mm pancake lens is very small and I screwed a 10 stopper onto the end. I saw the above shot and set camera to F8 for 30 seconds, aiming for underexposure so as not to blow out highlights and it was then my intention to rescue in raw! I set the camera on a ledge but inadvertently clicked onto F9 resulting in even more underexposure! Little did I know the focus light was shining straight into a cctv camera - oops! Anyway just as the 30 seconds was up a tap on my shoulder by a security guard:eek: A stream of french came out and I caught "Confiscate appereil photo". In my best French I managed Je suis tres desole monsieur, pardon, pardon, ce'st dans mon sac maintenant and I scurried off :eek: Was worth it imo ;)[/QUOTE]