ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

6885855150_794cdc39a3_c.jpg

Wispy Clouds at Sunset by Brazo76, on Flickr

RB 182
Some great shots added since I last logged in! Loving the sunsets, there's been some great ones this week, which i've missed due to work :(

Here's one from this morning, taken on the way home from a sunrise at Blea Tarn in the Lakes....the sunrise alone was worth the 4am start, and then this on the way home....

4 shots stitched together in CS5, no filters, no adjustments, JPEGS straight off the camera...it was a stunning morning. Please click through to view at it's largest :)

6885654182_1dedca46c6_c.jpg

Little Langdale tarn by Martin Steele., on Flickr

RB 182
Great reflection shots Brazo and Martin.

Where's the sunrise pic then Martin?! ;)

Tomorrow mate, only upload one shot per day, and that one was the easiest to work on when I got home after that early morning haha! Would have loved the tarn to be still for the reflections, but got a nice little bit of light break over Side Pike and the Langdales.....shall reveal all tomorrow :)

Cool.

Fair play for getting up at 4am though. I've only got up for a sunrise twice, once I got an epic sunrise, the next time it was crap...so that kind of put me off doing it again.

RB 182
Yeah i've had some early starts and got some crap ones too, but luckily the good outweigh the bad....plus, even just average first light in the Lakes is special to be honest. Just glad I got something today as it was my first visit to Blea, but won't be the last.

RB 182
Yeah I know what you mean, although since i've started using The Photographers Ephemeris, combined with The Weather Channel app, i've been lucky. That weather channel app has never let me down in the Lakes yet :)

Liking the reflection shot Martin, a one stop grad on the sky would have helped lighten the lake reflection though IMO.

RB 182
Liking the reflection shot Martin, a one stop grad on the sky would have helped lighten the lake reflection though IMO.

Thanks, and yeah you're probably right to be honest, but I was getting yelled at from a farmer for parking in his gateway when I ran down his field to the tarn to get this, so it was all done quickly, hand held 4 shot pano with no filters....I thought he was gonna run the 182 over with his tractor haha! It was 7:45am ish, I thought i'd have time LOL

RB 182
Dan that first one is superb! What lens did you use for this? I'm assuming wide angle and shot rather low down? The light on the grass is just superb, and that sky!

Thanks Martin, yeh I think that was 16mm, so pretty wide!

I like your shot, only things I would say is the horizon looks like it slopes off on the right hand side. But I think the horizon is straight, must be an illusion with the fence or something lol!

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Yeah went there on Sunday and indulged in a bot of plane geek session. Got some great pics with instagram.

RB 182
Thanks Martin, yeh I think that was 16mm, so pretty wide!

I like your shot, only things I would say is the horizon looks like it slopes off on the right hand side. But I think the horizon is straight, must be an illusion with the fence or something lol!

Cheers, I know it looks like it does, and it does, but that's the tarn heading back around towards me....plus I may have altered it slightly by trying to reduce the distortion on the fence with shooting at 11mm and not really knowing what I was doing in Lightroom LOL