ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Great updates people! Really enjoyed browsing!

:eek: Been so lazy with the camera recently. I need to just start going out in the evenings to shoot for no reason.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Took this earlier today, on full zoom so not the sharpest but I quite like it, it was moving pretty quick towards us before shooting off to the right.

7215121466_6c56589011_z.png

Off shore response one - Head on by A_Cro, on Flickr

^Nice one Martin! I could only CC that by saying that the central horizon ay not favour the shot as well. Maybe loose some of the darker cloud at the top rather than the nice red reflected water? But that's just me ;)

Another from my trip to Malvern.

DSC7249.jpg

RB 182
^Nice one Martin! I could only CC that by saying that the central horizon ay not favour the shot as well. Maybe loose some of the darker cloud at the top rather than the nice red reflected water? But that's just me ;)

Thanks Dan, I know what you mean about the central horizon, i'm not overly keen on central tbh, but this was straight out of camera, so couldn't be bothered messing about with it.....will take a look at the suggestion though, as I have SO many shots to choose from lol.

Nice mate.

I've seen so many epic pictures from the Isle of Skye, I have to get up there. Worth a trip?

Thanks Scott. Yeah Skye is SO worth it. I went up last year too, but had only been into photography for 4 months.....went back this year with a years experience behind me, and got some good shots. It's totally worth going, every corner you turn there is a photo opportunity. Of course the weather is typically Scottish and very changeable, I was out shooting in sun one second and snow the next last week, but loved it. It's a special place.

Like the sunset shot from Skye.
The whole place is bloody epic for photography and driving.
I went there a couple of years back, then onto the mainland. Ended up calling in sick to work, turning round and going back to Skye for another day's driving!

RB 182
Like the sunset shot from Skye.
The whole place is bloody epic for photography and driving.
I went there a couple of years back, then onto the mainland. Ended up calling in sick to work, turning round and going back to Skye for another day's driving!

Yep, deffo!! When you headed onto the mainland, did you happen to go over the pass to Applecross? EPIC road, I have a 4 stitch pano to go on Flickr at some point of it, the 182 certainly enjoyed it, stunning road with stunning views.

RB 182
Is it a large Island?

Not massively big nah, I've driven all of it, including photographing and waiting for the light, in 3 days, but there are LOADS of photo opportunities everywhere. If you like landscape photography, it's a dream of a place, or wildlife too, with sea eagles, golden eagles, whales, dolphins, seals etc etc to be seen in the right places....

Yep, deffo!! When you headed onto the mainland, did you happen to go over the pass to Applecross? EPIC road, I have a 4 stitch pano to go on Flickr at some point of it, the 182 certainly enjoyed it, stunning road with stunning views.

yep, applecross and right up the coast then across to inverness in an rb182 as well funnily enough!

Merc A class
Few Images from todays Bupa Great Manchester Run

This Guy had alot of respect from the crowd he could barely walk let alone run!
7236686240_04e8d7de94_z.jpg

Bupa Great Manchester Run by Riad Ariane, on Flickr

Doing a great job as always

7236696066_36f9eca73e_z.jpg

7236700110_3b27970a17_z.jpg

7236703860_499bda1c8e_z.jpg

7236722270_76a2289d13_z.jpg

7236732648_b97084b139_z.jpg

Rest of the images can be seen here http://www.flickr.com/photos/riad_ariane_-_d40_-/sets/72157629820247444/

Great shot Scott. Nice foreground interest too!

This was me earlier today, looking forward to a promising evening of photography.

1e66543ea44311e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg

BUT.....what you can't tell from that photo is the distinct lack of memory cards in the camera! FUUUUUU!!

Yeah my girlfriend has just told me of a cracking sunset over those glos hill, yet where I am its a terrible sunset, simply white blank sky!!!!

I like the concept Scott, although sun is a little too far to the right for 'me' and you should try shooting f5.6 at 10mm it will be much sharper.

7251161588_1c93dbf979_z.jpg

Chopping! by Brazo76, on Flickr

Fiesta ST-3
Yeah my girlfriend has just told me of a cracking sunset over those glos hill, yet where I am its a terrible sunset, simply white blank sky!!!!

I like the concept Scott, although sun is a little too far to the right for 'me' and you should try shooting f5.6 at 10mm it will be much sharper.

Really? I found the lower my F value the softer the image got. I tried at F4 and it was a lot softer?