ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

Mk2 Golf gti
Jake looking a bit sorry for himself!

8218743638_cacd02c579_z.jpg

Jake. by adele_90, on Flickr

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Took a few photos yesterday of the lady friend doing a dressage event, the lighting was awful with lots of harsh light and shadows through the trees. I decided to edit them with an vintage feel to bring some life to them as they looked really boring.

The colours looks fine on my mac but may look poor on other monitors, they look crap on my work monitor :(

Anyway -

8219890247_905062ed42_b.png

8220970878_dd571a8aef_b.png

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
They look a bit cold on my iMac...

What colour space settings are people setting there mac's to? I normally have mine on srgb or adobe rgb. I have just found it on default settings so changed and it edited the shots again, They looked rather cold after I re calibrated my monitor. I know prefer them, always good to walk away from something then go back.

Thanks for input :)

edited photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/beaker-mlp/8221055754/sizes/c/in/photostream/

Last edited:
  Merc A class
On closer inspection it looks like the focus is slightly in front of the bench, and with it being F1.2 and having such a shallow DoF the bench is out of focus. Depending on if you used AF the lens could be front focusing?

No front focusing its down to such shallow DOF the lens can be a bit hit and miss sometimes when shooting @ F1.2 i get carried away sometimes with F1.2! haha

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
No front focusing its down to such shallow DOF the lens can be a bit hit and miss sometimes when shooting @ F1.2 i get carried away sometimes with F1.2! haha

Haha I can see how it’d be addictive :p And yeah, I suppose if it did it more than once you could adjust the micro focus adjustment a few points?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Basically where if you AF on on object, and your focus point in the viewfinder is on the object, the lens will focus in front of where you want to to focus, therefore giving inaccurate focus.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Oh I get that loads on my 35 mm prime. I just thought it was me being crap.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
  330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
No where near the league most of you guys post BUT

Our 1st child having her 1st bath
ajyre8ev.jpg

Kinda gives me a huge kick up the arse to actually get to grips with the DSLR

Nice shot Harry and lovely lens! Theres a zeiss 135 f1.8 that I would love to try too but may wait till I go full frame!

Stunning shot! You must get a really shallow DoF with that!

Yep it's going to take some getting used to, never had such shallow DoF at that long a focal length, I had lots of shots where my intended focal point was completely out of focus because I had locked on just past or in front of it.

I love this one too...

8253764583_b36985b2c2_c.jpg

Kennet & Avon Canal by Harry_S, on Flickr

Problem is I want to complete the 'holy trinity' now (35mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.2), although my 7 year old 5D will need to last a few more years as I won't be able to afford a new body if I concentrate on lens.