ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
That's awesome!! Good shot.

Very nice Simon. The moon did look incredible last night. Lit the valley up though where I was shooting. Didn't even take a shot of the moon either :clown:

Opted to go somewhere else as it was still bright. Ended up in Snowdonia.

I've got some decent pictures, just editing them now. I've had 3.5 hours sleep, would like more but this weather isn't helping!

Thanks guys, will try again tonight - think ill invest in a tripod to try some different things out!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Inspired by A_Cro's ridiculously good star trails, I'm going to attempt some tonight !

Found a spot I hope might work .. something different anyway....

9323164800_3e23747ff1_z.png

9320372393_a017880a95_z.png

We'll see :eek:

Twingo Dynamique
ow do you do star trails?? with settings etc...? and i guess leave the shutter on a remote, and leave it open for what, like an hour or something...???

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Where abouts is that mate? I'd love to give it a go but I'm so close to Lakeside and the M25, I can't find any good spots.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Where abouts is that mate? I'd love to give it a go but I'm so close to Lakeside and the M25, I can't find any good spots.

Laindon .. I walk through it every day to work ! Heading out now as it's FINALLY getting dark !!!

PM me if you've got FA better to do than sit by an underpass like a hobo for the next few hours :eek:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Haha. I'm on my way back from London - defiantly need to give it a crack though. Let me know how you get on!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Pretty poor attempts TBH .. didn't do it for very long - 20 mins max ... too many foxes, chavy yoofs and strange noises about to be sat on my own with £1500 bolted to a tripod :eek:

9321916317_1bb8f0cbbe_c.jpg

Lamp StarStax by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

9324743722_0054f446ca_c.jpg

iLuvLamp2 by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Very very light editing on the top one (i.e.: temp) - nothing at all on the bottom one.

I think I need my sensor cleaning as there's far too many red dots ! :(

Have a much better idea for tomorrow night but it involves driving about 30 miles towards Belgium !

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think I need my sensor cleaning as there's far too many red dots ! :(

Have a much better idea for tomorrow night but it involves driving about 30 miles towards Belgium !

Did you take a dark frame? I found that helps reduce any sensor noise.

Looks a decent spot you went to, but going out alone with that much gear is always a bit daunting, let alone on a Friday night at an underpass!

I've got another spot I want to try and I should go to that window that I posted the other day.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Did you take a dark frame? I found that helps reduce any sensor noise.

Looks a decent spot you went to, but going out alone with that much gear is always a bit daunting, let alone on a Friday night at an underpass!

I've got another spot I want to try and I should go to that window that I posted the other day.

Yeah I was getting a bit paranoid lol ! Only had camera and 2 lenses but still not something I want to lose !!

Did not take a dark frame .. literally a few seconds with the cap on or have I missed the concept...?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was getting a bit paranoid lol ! Only had camera and 2 lenses but still not something I want to lose !!

Did not take a dark frame .. literally a few seconds with the cap on or have I missed the concept...?

It's supposed to be the same length as your exposures. I just chuck the lens cap on and do a 30 second one, not sure if it makes a difference if it's shorter time or not.

I keep one on the computer just incase I forget to do it before I import them too.

Do you use starstax? You put your usual frames in and before you process it, you have the option for a dark frame.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Few more from last night's adventure...

9335972060_73a6a66b62_b.png

Spot Ant @ the tower by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Also a before/after from what appeared to be a write-off shot...:

9333229975_02a7a8450a_c.jpg

The Tower [Original] !! by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

9333229393_33525bcff1_c.png

Tower at Tilbury Fort by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

Far from perfect but given the circumstances - I'm quite impressed. All I'm using is Aperture - basically a fancy version of Google's Picasa :eek:

No photoshop here (yet).

Have one series of shots I need to stack cleverly so I'm going to have to bring out The GiMP.... :approve:

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Shot this at the Downhill national Champs in Bala yesterday, while shooting for Rockstar energy! Totally loving the d800 still!

Will post up a higher res later just copied the address from facebook as I am at work and can't upload to flickr here.

996888_280986392040499_1003519284_n.jpg

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cheers Dude!

​I have got some more closer cropped shots from over the weekend, I will post a thread up later with some of my favourites and a link to the rest :D

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Here are a few more from the weekend.. I am slowly working my way through editing them and putting an article together for Rockstar and Diamondback, so none of there riders at the minute. Here are some of my favourites so far.

9342297309_9b9e21fca1_b.jpg

9342166213_d20307e78a_b.jpg

9344985408_843ea69965_b.jpg

9344912436_9016e8f438_b.jpg

9345057934_d1a139c455_b.jpg

9345039842_8f9928d3f9_b.jpg