ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The "Ive taken a pic and I kinda like it" thread

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
In prep for a wedding in 2 weeks and a load of astons to shoot next week i dusted off the camera.

1098008_293453180792593_2000164924_n.jpg

1185062_293453250792586_126380269_n.jpg

1146656_293453707459207_1072745424_n.jpg

1184984_293455004125744_838503849_n.jpg

If it helps Laura I think there's a few improvements that could be made, the carpet material is quite busy and distracts a little in the first two shots, also get people to take off their watches as they too can look out of place. A closer crop on the first would isolate the key elements of that scene.

I can see the shot you were going for in 2 but would have been better with the babies feet in a similar position, difficult, almost impossible I know with kids!

With 3 the focus is on the dolls feet which IMO doesn't work, always go for the child's eyes or if you want to shoot the doll, the dolls eyes.

4 has a nice composition, the kid just looks a little miserable!

​HTH

Went over to North Wales last month and after a year of having a 50D (had to sell my old 7D to put my girlfriend through uni) - I bought a 7D again!
Wooooo

So happy.

Went out to find some things to photograph and found an amazing old boat and lighthouse near Talacre.

Let me know what you think. My first time doing any colour processing.

wales_weekend_july_2013_1.jpg

wales_weekend_july_2013_8.jpg

There's a load more shots on my blog of the lighthouse and amazing grafitti on the ship :D - http://www.phil-barker.com/photography/duke-of-lancaster-talacre-lighthouse/

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
A_cro how do you do them pictures with the blurry clouds but sharp subject? Im guessing some kind of filter?

You use a Neutral Density filter and a long exposure, so as the clouds move they are blurred because of the slow shutter speed (long exposure).

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Went over to North Wales last month and after a year of having a 50D (had to sell my old 7D to put my girlfriend through uni) - I bought a 7D again!
Wooooo

So happy.

Went out to find some things to photograph and found an amazing old boat and lighthouse near Talacre.

There's a load more shots on my blog of the lighthouse and amazing grafitti on the ship :D - http://www.phil-barker.com/photography/duke-of-lancaster-talacre-lighthouse/

I’ve gone past that Boat a few times but I’ve never stopped to take any photos, A_Cro did an awesome star trail photo of it a few weeks back :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Phil. You got a really nice shot of the lighthouse.

Dajones - exactly what Niall said. A decent ND filter. I use a Haida ten stop. I'm sure they do a 52mm thread, if not, you can get step rings for them. Might be worth thinking about before you spend on one size if you are planning to upgrade lenses in the future.

I really want to upgrade my camera :dapprove:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
They will be fine. The Haida is the same model I have and is great value for money. Not sure on the quality of the Polaroid one but shouldn't be too bad.
You'll also need a tripod and remote shutter cable too.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've seen this tower a few times when I go a different way home from work. Decided to stop last week and go for a walk to get to it.
Looks good for some long exposures and you will get the north star for some decent star trails (Might have to cut some bushes back a bit behind where I took the picture from though). Didn't stay there too long though as rain was coming in pretty fast! It got me before I got back to the car.

9554512723_02af45de10_c.png
WatchTower by A_Cro, on Flickr

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yes pretty much, it suits my needs better really, it’s rare that I need 400mm so I wanted the option of having F2.8 with me being a sucker for shallow DoF’s.

Love that apart from the cropping personally. I like to see it wide or tall rather than square, personal preference though!
fair point dude, I tried it the other ways and I couldn't fit in the main enemy's. the pic is actually a 1.5 pic panorama rather than a crop!