ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

astra coupe on coilovers
heres a few pics of a meet i went to when i was in florida :)
IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2403.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

J03

MX5 1.8
prefer the evo so much more.. the scoob looks a mess in terms of the new design, not saying the car above is a mess (its quite nice) its aging quick.. looks really old.. i love the evo tho! looks sooo evil!!

Tappd'd RS
Has anyone ever driven a de-spoilered Evo or Scoob "at speed"

Just wondered if it affected stability. Remember the first batch of Audi TT's?

Cheers.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Has anyone ever driven a de-spoilered Evo or Scoob "at speed"

Just wondered if it affected stability. Remember the first batch of Audi TT's?

Cheers.

yup they become stupidly unstable, there is a vid of an evo doing a top speed run who finds out the scary way and spins at 130 or something...

Since when does that stop people, lol. DC2's a UKDM model was available yet people paid more for the JDM model, same goes for EP3's the JDM model commands a premium over the UKDM model. I'm aware that the JDM model is made in Swindon, lol. You could probably JDM your UKDM EP3 for less than the cost of buying a JDM model yet people still buy them.

Turbos.
Trust me, there is none! No imported Type S/Zero/Rs either, maybe its a legal thing.

Another US fact is that for most of the NSXs life over their a Coupe was special order only! Fags!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I text Si last night... saw an EK9 on the M6, around 10pm.

Best one i've ever seen over here. Low, Bronze TE37's, Spoon N1, some kind of IK because it sounded MENTAL, BEAKS tie-bar etc etc... Really clean too.

Following it on the motorway under the lighting, it just looked epic. Actually, more than epic. WANT.

We had a small blast up to 120 jellybeans. Nothing in it, maybe half a length in my favour.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Epic.

Still love it?

I had the chance of one that was very similar. 49k miles, fresh import.

By the time I had a buyer for my 182, it was too late though, it was sold and I lost my deposit. Gutted. :(

I'll try and find the pics.

EDIT: Found pics. Mint eh? :(

100_0339.jpg

100_0352.jpg

100_0369.jpg

100_0385.jpg

100_0367.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
  Turbos.
That one looked great Chris.

TBH a stock NSX-R looks better than the GT/Spoon/Mugen. Any with the GT kit needs slamming, whereas the NSX-R just looks right from the off.

Spoon_Honda_NSX-R_GT.jpg

Spoon_Honda_NSX-R_156483_20081112.jpg

Spoon_Honda_NSX-R_156482_20081112.jpg

Spoon_Honda_NSX-R_156485_20081112_l.jpg

medium_3023007148_d8d4ac980a_o.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Baller Spec. LOL

I've seen a Pearl White in the metal. Weird colour! Looks like a silver car with a thin coat of CW over the top. :S Not 100% on it TBH.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Diff between and Ep3 and Ek9 ??

I Are n00b....

Ep3's are the more common type r's you'll see around, ek9's are the first CTR made, 1.6 185bhp (apparently) and LSD as standard, so the more "hardcore" of the two...

however FN2 FTW.