ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there are hardly any jap imports in america... same reason they dont import jdm skylines, rx7's, supras or 200's its too strict and difficult and expensive to get them in...

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
EK9 are based on the old EK chassis. Most hardcore, purest Type R Civic.

Small capacity screamer of an engine, seam-welded chassis, independent suspension, direct steering, all round and barely over 1000kg. Perfect.

EP3 diluted the brand a little, the JDM variant was better. FN2 is a shadow of what the Type R brand was built on. All IMO. Think of the FN2 as a Type R Lite. Not literally though... they weigh the same as a medium-sized moon.

You failed yesterday, JDM Wiki :dapprove:

photo3-2.jpg

Had an RX7 badge on it but never seen one like that before..

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
easiest way to tell ukdm and jdm is the rear numberplate lol jdm has the small square plates with the small place to put them and uk has the long rectangle ones!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
EK9 are based on the old EK chassis. Most hardcore, purest Type R Civic.

Small capacity screamer of an engine, seam-welded chassis, independent suspension, direct steering, all round and barely over 1000kg. Perfect.

EP3 diluted the brand a little, the JDM variant was better. FN2 is a shadow of what the Type R brand was built on. All IMO. Think of the FN2 as a Type R Lite. Not literally though... they weigh the same as a medium-sized moon.

BOO!!!

Integra Type-R DC2
Aye, id prefer the second one but the mileage is 10k more! Id rather a lower mileage one.

Red seats = pony, btw. ;)

Integra Type-R DC2
lol, yeah ive been told mileage means chuff all but im just a mileage *****. I could end up racking up alot of work miles, so im looking to get one with as little as possible from the start. Not up for buying a car, driving it for a few months and watching it clock past 100k.

Bad times.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This is a dude that Ali's saw around Aberdeen I think.

Awesome machine, my favourite off EK9.org by a mile.

Note the Spoon 4-pots N1 exhaust and Pole Position driver's perch. Mint.

DSC_13.jpg

DSC_08.jpg

DSC_33.jpg

DSC_35.jpg

DSC_18.jpg

DSC_41.jpg

Turbos.
Like the white Evo, Ant1 take note!

Take it the white STI is the same as posted before, looks better there... are those lights USDM or aftermarket? They should all have those lights!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
This is a dude that Ali's saw around Aberdeen I think.

Awesome machine, my favourite off EK9.org by a mile.

Note the Spoon 4-pots N1 exhaust and Pole Position driver's perch. Mint.

DSC_13.jpg

DSC_08.jpg

DSC_33.jpg

DSC_35.jpg

DSC_18.jpg

DSC_41.jpg

That is lovely! Only one PP tho? :S

I don't know him per-say but see him couple of times a wk.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That is lovely! Only one PP tho? :S

I don't know him per-say but see him couple of times a wk.

Driver's seat for the driver. :cool:

Armchair for the passenger. ;)

Spoon rails, too... so they make a low seating position, lower still! lol

I'd be f*cked.

Can just imagine the driveby now. Turner bouncing off VTAK and people screaming as they see a driverless car screaming down the road towards the local school. ;)

Civic Si
Epic.

Still love it?

I had the chance of one that was very similar. 49k miles, fresh import.

By the time I had a buyer for my 182, it was too late though, it was sold and I lost my deposit. Gutted. :(

I'll try and find the pics.

EDIT: Found pics. Mint eh? :(

yeah man! just when i think my excitment of driving it is starting to plateau, i give it a blast and it's like the first time i drove it all over again!

Fantastic little motor... it's as good (if not a little better!) than my old williams. only thing i need to sort out is the Rear fog light for it's MOT.

Chris - how would you go about it? red bulb in the drivers reverse light? put an external one on?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah man! just when i think my excitment of driving it is starting to plateau, i give it a blast and it's like the first time i drove it all over again!

Fantastic little motor... it's as good (if not a little better!) than my old williams. only thing i need to sort out is the Rear fog light for it's MOT.

Chris - how would you go about it? red bulb in the drivers reverse light? put an external one on?

Definitely feed it into the offside cluster. Much neater!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Try EK9.org

There's a write-up on how to do it, I think!

Also, what's yours like on juice? Good (35+) unless you hammer it?

Civic Si
ah ok, i had a quick look but couldn't see anything.

if you find it, drop the link in here?

yeah, keep it below 6k rpm and it's as good as gold... take it above that and fuel consumption goes a little out the window!! but even so, i'd say it's no worse than my williams when booting it

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the recaro pp is pretty much identical to my seats lol... looking at that pic made me realize :)

im on the lookout for either wheels, coilovers or ecu this month...

probably wheels or coilovers though, coilovers would be better as my passenger side front damper has seen better days :/