ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

172, Tiguan
I was offered by the club i'm going with some track time if I was to give demo laps to people, but i've told them i'd rather not as heard its a free for all.

Don't particularly care about the image Jap cars have or the people that drive them tbh, I'm just going along to enjoy the day and look at some nice cars.

If you wanted to you could put a stereotype to all sorts of cars (especially Clio's!) but its what you get out of it, not what a percieved group think.

Lets face it FCS is just as bad, but i'd rather look at a few interesting cars than a field full of total sh!te.

Calm down Jon, lol. I've been to Trax enough times in the past to know it's not purely jap cars that have those type of owners. It just seems that recently jap cars have gained a cult following of knobheads that previously they had escaped for the most part. I don't go to FCS, havn't been to trax or donny south this year (or last IIRC) for that exact reason.

I go to motoring events to look at the cars but there arent many these days that havn't been effected by the badly body kitted shite, drum and bass pounding PA systems, lycra clad orange slapper promo girls soaping each other up and gangs of knobheads charging around the site and carpark.

I went to Goodwood for the first time last year and it was a breath of fresh air not to see one single, bad mouthed, scruffy, noisy, gobbing chav the whole time I was there. Motoring events sadly seem to attract more and more dickheads as the years go on.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
When you dont have a life other than sitting at maccys carpark all night every night and live in mum's council house rent free i'm sure even they can find petrol money.

I've been down to thruxton loads of times due to work but never actually been to watch anything at the circuit. Coombe I've been to a fair few times though.

Lol, very good point, plus i guess that's what benefit money is for.

Been to Coombe a couple of times, although i'm a bit ashamed to say despite considering myself to be a big petrolhead i've not been to anywhere near enough motorsport events, always find myself just watching it on tv.

Last edited:
  Fiat Coupe 20vt
130_0805_01_z+1973_datsun_510+front_view.jpg

130_0804_03_z+2008_honda_mugen_civic_rr+front_view.jpg

sstp_0711_01_z+1970_datsun_240z+side_view.jpg

130_0708_01_z+nissan_skyline_gtr_bnr32+front_angle_view.jpg

130_0703_01_z+1971_datsun_510+left_front_view_driving.jpg

130_0704_03_z+mazda_rx_7_autobacs+front_right_side_view.jpg

130_0607_03_z+nissan_180sx_silvia_s14_s15+all_three_cars.jpg

IMG_8540r.jpg

2004751689263652190rsum1.jpg

nsx14.jpg

DSC04725.jpg

qpldoz.jpg

11409ak.jpg

2.jpg

hako_gt-r%20010web.jpg

c10-2.jpg

ValverInBits
AE86 is about as cool as it gets.

But the old 'lines are cooler :)

What engines do people use in them. Are the stock ones ever retained? What is the stock one?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
AE86 is about as cool as it gets.

But the old 'lines are cooler :)

What engines do people use in them. Are the stock ones ever retained? What is the stock one?

Some kind of straight 6 on carbs.

Can't remember the displacement. Quite a few have SR20's and RB26's.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
The old 'Hakosuka' GT-R Skylines stock engine is an 2.0l DOHC 'S20', some cars retain it and these understandably command the highest prices when sold. As said already a lot have upgraded engines, L24 - L28 (2.4l - 3.0l), RB25, RB26 etc.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Orange GT-R is sweet, not sure on the other one, bit busy, an the wheels don't suit IMHO.

Kei? Does that just mean small/lightweight? I remember Kei/Lightweight class from the GT games.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Holy christ Winston, that's one hell of an update hehe! Well done :D In the first post, first Evo, the back side view white one, that looks like it might be sweet. Not a fan of them on BBSs.

In your second post, LOVING the Evo Estate! The white one, on track with the darkish silver Superleggeras. Is that a cutom job of some kind? Or do they actually get a Evo wagon over there in Japan?

Stripped out brown shiny thing in your 3rd post looks brutal, and the hugely sideways old esate thing in your last post is an awesome picture hehe!

Awesome update!

Turbos.
Jesus Christ, the tyre stretch on the last one!!!

Some mint cars there, suprised that little red Micra actually looks quite cool!

Mitsi Evo's look really different without a rear spoiler, I think I prefer them with it though.

The one with cross spoke alloys & a chrome bonnet is very nasty.

Keeep them coming I love this thread.

Trophy 182
Holy christ Winston, that's one hell of an update hehe! Well done :D In the first post, first Evo, the back side view white one, that looks like it might be sweet. Not a fan of them on BBSs.

In your second post, LOVING the Evo Estate! The white one, on track with the darkish silver Superleggeras. Is that a cutom job of some kind? Or do they actually get a Evo wagon over there in Japan?

Stripped out brown shiny thing in your 3rd post looks brutal, and the hugely sideways old esate thing in your last post is an awesome picture hehe!

Awesome update!

The Evo wagon is made in Japan. There are a few in the UK but they are rare.

You gotta love JDM cars. Ive owned 3. A Civic Type R, Evo 6 and Evo 7