ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The JDM Appreciation Thread...

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I like Titanium rims but cant justify the price of them. Just like I want a titanium exhaust but for the S13 they are £2k!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That scoob I posted a few million pages ago... On his blog (awesome btw check it out http://lowlifeuk.blogspot.com/ ) there are pictures of him sticking the wheels on etc...

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_2959.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the gram lites its just the outer rim thats titanium... not the full thing... cool think with polished ti is getting a blowlamp and heating them up they change colour :)

as for exhausts yeh they are alot, im not sure if i like the sound, friend of mine has one for a rx7 that he hasnt sold im thinking about getting off of him but i love the sound of my nur spec too much... stupidly light though!

Turbos.
I've seen some nice Rota wheels too.

Are they poorly made?

The fact is, they aren't Rotas designs. So yeah, they look nice, because they are rip off designs!

I'm not sure build quality is an issue anymore, but it was. It's more the principle of that they are just copycats.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
agreed, they are like fake watches or handbags... look very similar... just not the same... if u can deal with having a fake watch or handbag etc then rotas are for you lol!

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
rota rims split quite easily iirc, lots of peoples have just crumbled while driving

img0192hr3.jpg

img0193ir0.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
rota rims split quite easily iirc, lots of peoples have just crumbled while driving

img0192hr3.jpg

img0193ir0.jpg

Load of BS. I would put money on the failures being helped along by the driver of said car. I'm sure I heard that the reason for the failure in the pics you posted up was due to heavy contact with a curb!

Fairly sick of hearing people complaining about ROTA failures on track too, if you use and abuse them over and over - what do you expect to happen? Especially when you show no mechanical sympathy whatsoever!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
no there are a few wheels that have had probs...

there was a guy with a civic that was running big power and the wheels twisted on themselves...

Clio 1.2 16v
no there are a few wheels that have had probs...

there was a guy with a civic that was running big power and the wheels twisted on themselves...

So he 'skimped' on one of the most important areas of the car? Nice move, jackass. If you're running big power/high-g cornering, get some high performance/motorsport orientated rims! :rolleyes:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Load of BS. I would put money on the failures being helped along by the driver of said car. I'm sure I heard that the reason for the failure in the pics you posted up was due to heavy contact with a curb!

Fairly sick of hearing people complaining about ROTA failures on track too, if you use and abuse them over and over - what do you expect to happen? Especially when you show no mechanical sympathy whatsoever!

mechanical sympathy? to a f**king wheel lol?? wheels should twist, crack, split or break not even through minor abuse! there was a video of some guy with a supra doing a burnout on a drag drag to warm up the wheels and during the warmup you see a massive wobble start to happen and the wheels had bent in on themselves...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
rota0ni9.jpg

how the wheel should of looked...
rotayu3.jpg

how it ended up looking...
rota3te7.jpg

how much it distorted out... real good quality... that happened to both front wheels! not just one!

oh and even if you hit a pot hole... NO wheel should fracture like this
Rota%20wheels.png

also notice the other fail, sticking nismo stickers on a fake wheel to make it look like the original! thats like sticking a m3 badge on a 318i

rotamotivation.jpg

heliumcrack1.gif

Last edited:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
imagine putting them on say a D1 drift car then....lol

you work for a mag you know how that works, enter any serious comp and companies will suck your balls for you to use their products, 95% of competition cars that use things like rota or k sport get them free as part of sticker sponsorship deals! they get given more than one set and i would think that rota xray the wheels over and over looking for weak spots so the d1 cars get the strongest ones!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So he 'skimped' on one of the most important areas of the car? Nice move, jackass. If you're running big power/high-g cornering, get some high performance/motorsport orientated rims! :rolleyes:

oh and nice edit but still since when should wheels have a power rating on them... maybe you shouldnt be commenting about the doughnut using cheap wheels and should be mailing rota with your oppinions lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
you work for a mag you know how that works, enter any serious comp and companies will suck your balls for you to use their products, 95% of competition cars that use things like rota or k sport get them free as part of sticker sponsorship deals! they get given more than one set and i would think that rota xray the wheels over and over looking for weak spots so the d1 cars get the strongest ones!

dude i expect more of you than to of taken that bait....lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL! u at autosport tomorrow?? spoke to stav and he is... i might be coming with a couple mates though im not sure i can be fucked lol!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
hnmmm whats it like? worth going?? or is it full of people that toss each other off over their hill climb times?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
agreed, they are like fake watches or handbags... look very similar... just not the same... if u can deal with having a fake watch or handbag etc then rotas are for you lol!
:( I cant find the 'real' version of my Rota's...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
think i might give it a miss stav said he wasnt looking forward to it and would rather not go lol!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Rota's are awful. I'm not even arsed about all the snapping rim stories... I just don't like the fact that they're rip offs.