ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The least original Iceberg 172 ever! (Plenty of pics)

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It's pulled 183bhp and 170bhp before at SRR, so I would say it's above average?

Hoping to break 190bhp, but might be optimistic, most people I've seen with 438s that have broken the 190bhp mark have matched inlets, a decat, and AC deletes etc. But I have standard inlets, a sports cat, and AC intact!

Ultimately, it feels good to drive, and revving to 7800rpm is awesome, so I'm very happy.

183? That's high! It's my first time getting it dyno'd so hopefully it's something near yours! Engine is standard though apart from fatty and catback exhaust.

Today was the day with the South Central group, we headed over to Surrey Rolling Road for some Dyno fun.
I'm a little heartbroken, but optimistic...

All clean and ready to roll
iKlRgbW.jpg

Here was my graph...
j3RrymB.jpg

And here was the issue...
GRml46Z.jpg

Dan said it would likely need a second visit to get the map finalised, so now booked in to see him on the 13th and clean up that top end!

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
16599640282_9513f87f3d_z.jpg

This was my car Before (Top) and After (bottom) of having SJM's Cam package installed. The AFR you see on the bottom we eventually found out (and also Dan backed this up) was due to it being mapped on a faulty O2 sensor. Dan took it back immediately and spent A LOT of time road tuning it and couldn't find any faults at all. His equipment was showing it to be absolutely safe. Too back that up i then spent the best part of 6 Months driving it around without any issues what so ever.

Sadly my engine had slowly started to destroy itself until it started drinking oil.

RS 200 CUP
Just read from start, great car!
Recently picked up an Iceberg 172 and will be coming back to this when I need inspiration :D

330i
Really enjoyed reading through this thread, looks like you've spent money on all the right bits! Subscribed! What would you say your most beneficial modification has been?