ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Now there's an idea, Keith... but I couldn't possibly do something like that... hmm...

How are things looking with your own Trophy, mate? Still enjoying it? :)

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Now there's an idea, Keith... but I couldn't possibly do something like that... hmm...

How are things looking with your own Trophy, mate? Still enjoying it? :)

Some nice Decals ;)

Not used it much since last summer tbh, has become a bit of a garage queen xD

But it's not going anywhere mate, got list of jobs to do to tidy up things and tweeks here and there, hopefully aim to do a couple of trackdays towards summer/autumn and a bit of more regular use :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Garage queen? C'mon Keith... that's not acceptable. :p I'm glad it's not going anywhere though mate. Fingers crossed you'll find some time to enjoy it later in the year.

I've just had to go to the local tyre place as the rears on the Vee have finally given up. Ouch. Two new Michelin Pilot SuperSports on the way.

Garage queen? C'mon Keith... that's not acceptable. :p I'm glad it's not going anywhere though mate. Fingers crossed you'll find some time to enjoy it later in the year.

I've just had to go to the local tyre place as the rears on the Vee have finally given up. Ouch. Two new Michelin Pilot SuperSports on the way.

At least you're not putting pissweak rubber on there made of armpit hair and w**k. :rasp:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Just a very quick update...

I spoke to Fred again recently and the engine has been run for a short while to check all is well. However, this wasn't done for long due to the map that is currently on there. Quite frankly, it's downright poor and very likely contributed to the very poor state of my old engine. In fact, it was so bad that only the crank remains from my old engine. The block was scrap as the mapping/fuelling had caused holes to be burned into the cylinder walls. Which is a bad thing indeed. But that's all old news now as the important thing is that the engine is running and the car awaiting mapping. Paul at RS Tuning is a very busy guy (especially at the moment I would guess) so I look forward to grabbing some of his time and experience soon to get things sorted. :)

In the meantime, I've recently had a very enjoyable drive with Tim, Oli, Chris and Pete having been invited to join them on their Welsh Weekender driving trip. Thanks to them for the invite and great company; t'was a proper good day and it meant I was able to take the Vee out again. By the time I got home the new tyres were scrubbed in and Shell's profits had risen threefold. :) Worth every penny, too. Here are a few pics:

13524436785_bea27cbd97_o.jpg

13524757334_d1a3c538be_o.jpg

13524431825_bce4757633_o.jpg

13524747684_9317275b60_o.jpg

13524522543_08ec4eda3c_o.jpg

13524502013_e40fa481da_o.jpg

You can read about the guys' Wales trip here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?739322-Wales-Trip-2014

And here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...at-engine-and-a-Vee-do-Wales-(Very-pic-heavy)

Range Rover Sport
Fred really needs to get that front bumper sorted. Certainly looks like it's been used as the V6 was designed to.

Joking aside, pictures look good and I'm sure you can't wait to get the trophey on the road.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, the front end has seen better days. That and the alloys. I've had a nightmare with the alloys. They are in a real bad state. Fred knows they need a refurb but I've still tried my best to keep them in decent condition... which is tricky when there's no lacquer protecting them (brake dust ate it away!) and I've been running the car daily through a Welsh autumn and winter. Despite the regular washes and attempted protection I can't stop them from deteriorating. :( I know it's not my fault but I still feel bad! I'm also guilty of scuffing the front end a little (but not too bad) when I had to make an emergency visit to my elderly mother (over 180 miles away). She'd fallen and banged her head and I drove up to see her... only to find new traffic calming measures have been installed and I couldn't get over the full-width road humps without catching the lower edge. Thankfully it's not bad but - again - still feel bad about it.

But yes, I'm counting the days until I have the Trophy back. I've got some serious road trips planned this year, along with a few trackdays no doubt. :) Thanks buddy, glad you like the pics :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
But the vee does get so much attention because of what it looks like :p

So it does get looked at because it is a rare sight on the roads :eek:
Where I work, we recently had some engineers and business representatives over from Saudi Arabia. I found them congregated around the car one lunchtime and a few of them were interested in buying it! Perhaps I should have said, "yes, cash only" and made a nice little earner for mys-, er, Fred. :) It still surprises me just how many car nuts have come over and said it's the first one they've seen in the flesh/metal. I see more exotics on the roads than I do Vee's.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Where I work, we recently had some engineers and business representatives over from Saudi Arabia. I found them congregated around the car one lunchtime and a few of them were interested in buying it! Perhaps I should have said, "yes, cash only" and made a nice little earner for mys-, er, Fred. :) It still surprises me just how many car nuts have come over and said it's the first one they've seen in the flesh/metal. I see more exotics on the roads than I do Vee's.

Exactly!

My dad gets so much attention from his, than he does his db9.

Lionel Richie
Hey if someone wants to give me £16K then consider it sold! (£16k is more than its worth, but its not for sale kinda thing!)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Haha! Seems I missed out on a nice payday there... oh well. But at least now I can fully appreciate why Fred doesn't want to sell the Vee. I've said it many times now but it really is an incredible car. And I WILL miss it for sure.

As for the Trophy - definitely NOT for sale. Ever. :)

I always get people telling me how nice the mods look on it... it's standard with a V6 plate on it FFS :dapprove:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I always get people telling me how nice the mods look on it... it's standard with a V6 plate on it FFS :dapprove:
Hahaha! Yep, that doesn't surprise me mate. I've had a few asking where the bodykit came from and a couple even wondering why the boot and rear seats were encased in plastic...

Lol, yeah I've had that too. It's always funny! Especially when you open the bonnet & put the shopping in there lol!

On Saturday, some dude said to me 'nice mods' I said, no it's standard, Clio V6.
He was like, wtf? Then he announced, yeah you don't see many of them.
:lolup:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, yeah I've had that too. It's always funny! Especially when you open the bonnet & put the shopping in there lol!

On Saturday, some dude said to me 'nice mods' I said, no it's standard, Clio V6.
He was like, wtf? Then he announced, yeah you don't see many of them.
:lolup:
Insert your favourite 'facepalm' image here... :)

Do you get many people 'trying it on' when you're out in the Vee? I find most people are happy to slow down and take a look, or even move out the way for it. Apart from when I get close to home. I live in a nice area but, alas, there is a McDonald's at the end of the estate; and I can't avoid having to drive past it. On more than one occasion I've been driving past, minding my own business, and suddenly found myself joined by a couple of 'interesting' cars that were moments before parked up in said establishment! I just tend to wave, give a thumbs up and carry on as normal whilst the odd idiot tries to provoke me into something. At the moment it seems to be a local guy in an older generation blue Honda with black alloys... and an annoying exhaust. I wonder if any of the members on here local to me know who it is? If so, can they also tell said person to stop 'booting' it past my house and waking up the neighbourhood. Rant over :)

Thread title change?

The life of... Fred's V6
:eek: It won't be for much longer, mate - promise!

Lol True needs doing ! Andys done more miles in it than Fred and Freds had the trophy longer than Andy :D
Hahaha! And the other thing is that I don't want to give the Vee back and Fred can't wait to be rid of the Trophy!

I was up till midnight reading this thread.. I got to page 40!

Tonight I have finished it..

I think you are crazy, and should of chucked another low mileage engine in, however knowing your luck it would of ended in tears again, so you have done an amazing job!

Seeing the photos of your brand new Turini's has confirmed to me I need to get mine done in the Trophy colour and nothing else as they look so good !

Well done and a big fair play to you Sharky for keeping your heart in this for so long :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hahaha! Thanks Chris_Beer for taking the time to read through the entire thread. I'm sorry the last God knows how many pages have turned into a spamfest... but things will be back on course soon. :)

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing! And there are a lot of things I would have done differently if I had my time again with this car. But, alas, s**t does happen and it's not worth stressing over in the end. Ok, I've wasted a lot of money for one reason or another but, at the end of the day, it's only a car and I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it. The plan is obviously to get even more out of it now... :)

Again, thanks for reading through and the kind words. Oh yeah, get those Turinis done... ;)

I don't actually get many 'trying it on' really, but if ever I do it's ALWAYS people in Civic Type R's or Focus ST's.
To be honest I don't really take the bait. One time a dude in a CTR which was four up with some stupid exhaust kept booting it up my arse, hanging back then doing it again. I got next to him, laughed at him and drove off. That's about it really lol.

Hahaha! Thanks @Chris_Beer for taking the time to read through the entire thread. I'm sorry the last God knows how many pages have turned into a spamfest... but things will be back on course soon. :)

Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing! And there are a lot of things I would have done differently if I had my time again with this car. But, alas, s**t does happen and it's not worth stressing over in the end. Ok, I've wasted a lot of money for one reason or another but, at the end of the day, it's only a car and I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it. The plan is obviously to get even more out of it now... :)

Again, thanks for reading through and the kind words. Oh yeah, get those Turinis done... ;)

I'll be honest, I thought the Trophy must of been a garage/track project or perhaps a car you had years ago and kept the same thread for the V6, not it was your courtesy car !

Things like this are always a learning curve I guess, but hopefully after BTM it won't need anything !

I would love to get the wheels done, however the paint doesn't seem to be available !!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Re: The life of... SharkyUK's Trophy [& Fred's V6]

I'm sure if you take a wheel any decent painter will match it

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26

I'm not fussed on the original trophy colour tbh

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

I'm not fussed on the original trophy colour tbh
But that's not a problem because you don't really have time to appreciate the colour of the alloys before you sell the car on and buy another two or three!!! LOL! ;) xxx

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

booked in yet?
Er... not sure mate. The last couple of weeks I've been incredibly busy myself so I'm not sure where things are at exactly! I know we need a cable to hook up to the GEN90 ECU (although Paul probably has one up at RS Tuning).

Everytime I open this thread I hope to read its done, stop disappointing me! :(
Sorry mate. I hope to have something more substantial soon. I need it... the 'car show season' has officially started and I want my car back! :) Besides, Fred's Vee is in desperate need of a service and fresh fluids (oil and gearbox) so I need it gone soon... :p

M2 Comp

Everytime I open this thread I hope to read its done, stop disappointing me! :(

Me too! I can't wait to see it finished.

Sharky, bit of a random one, but what size are the tailpipes on your exhaust? I'm sure you said they were 3.5" before, but they look smaller to me.