ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
F**k me... had the first drive of the V6 in the snow today (it had been snowing whilst I was in work). Thank goodness it was only light and on the high ground (and soon cleared up as I dropped down from the hills). If the predicted snow does come then I'm staying/working from home. :) It's the first time I've driven RWD in the snow and, whilst I imagine it could be a lot of fun, it wasn't when trying to get out of a busy works car park and down a steep, winding hill!

Don't worry Fred, the V6 is in safe hands ;)

Lionel Richie
^no, that's another Trophy (i have 6 of the bloody things at the moment), hopefully if all goes to plan we should be on our way upto RS tuning in the next 2 weeks fingers crossed!

WRX
^no, that's another Trophy (i have 6 of the bloody things at the moment), hopefully if all goes to plan we should be on our way upto RS tuning in the next 2 weeks fingers crossed!
I hope so, you've got some scaffold being delivered in about a fortnight:cry:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
By chance did I see a pix on face book of this today ?
As Fred says, that belongs to someone else. I don't go in for that forced/boost/blown rubbish... :p ;) Wheezy NA all day, every day!

Cheers for the call Fred. Made my day! :) Fingers crossed this cursed car doesn't throw another spanner into the works...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Would it not be better to put it on a base map and run it for a week, make sure there's no leaks etc, get some mileage on it then take it for mapping? I'm sure last time I saw Fred he mentioned something along those lines

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I think the plan is to get RS Tuning to run it in mate (if possible) on a base/safe map, after which the custom mapping will take place. It will need taxing and MOT'ing first though...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi mate - still living it up in the Vee at the moment. I haven't spoken to @Fred@BTM this week but it's as good as done I believe (apart from arranging transport to RS Tuning and then the running-in and mapping). :)

So is it running then now mate , just awaiting map ?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So is it running then now mate , just awaiting map ?
I'm hoping it's ready for mapping mate. Gone a bit quiet recently and I've been away.... fingers crossed!

You want me to trailer it mate? @SharkyUK
I *think* it's being sorted mate; but thanks for the offer my friend.

Flol. Its alive then??

Pics needed of the longest engine build in history;)

I'm not sure whether or not there are any/many pics unfortunately :( I'll get loads up of it finished but I don't know how many were taken during the build!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nearly there, Oli... Fred's just sorting out a little Gremlin or two and sorting out with Paul for mapping :)

Has Fred got gizmo and stripe doing the build then Andy ? That's probly why its taking so long can't be easy fitting an engine into a Clio bay when your only 12" tall ;) !

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Has Fred got gizmo and stripe doing the build then Andy ? That's probly why its taking so long can't be easy fitting an engine into a Clio bay when your only 12" tall ;) !
Well... y'know what happens if they get wet and are fed after midnight. And that's just Fred! :p

What's it having done again? ;)
Er... oil change and filter I think mate... I can't remember much else after that!

182cup & 172 racecar
This

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbXUnMAZC55CCSCaYlC_w-1aBatTYYhJJtLg-HAzZbk8KxegsBbw.jpg

Then this, be reet then.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRziKCOHdt8-iAx2ZDSN9fo-KZG9KWy48wkuQoSFem3EyfifGc2Zw.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So what stage is it at then ? is it running ? or was it andys engine you were collecting ;)

Sorry mate no idea what stage its at, I didnt get a chance to poke around it.

Lol, wish it was that engine but sadly was a 200 lump with a knackered bottom end that I might be using for a project I have in mind.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
So what stage is it at then ? is it running ? or was it andys engine you were collecting ;)
Patience young man, patience... ;) I wish I had good news but it would appear that, recently, somebody turned up at Fred's and went away with my engine... :p Seriously, no more news right now other than the fact that mapping is in the process of being arranged.