ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The LOWEST MK2?

Clio 1.4 16v
where did you get the custom springs done? did you go to tweeks or just a suspension company...

could gaz said they could custom make rears for me.. but nova 60mm drop springs work a treat..

why have you left the adjuster thread plates in? surely it would go lower without them?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i reckon it'll 'grab' the arches if you hit a bump whilst cornering, fred went through a few shattered wings because of this. Seen first hand lol

Looks well though :)

where did you get the custom springs done? did you go to tweeks or just a suspension company...

could gaz said they could custom make rears for me.. but nova 60mm drop springs work a treat..

why have you left the adjuster thread plates in? surely it would go lower without them?

the adjuster plates are not in, springs sat on the axle............there is just the threaded vertical pole there to hold the spring in place.......

i had them made by a spring company.......cant remember the name off hand i can find out if your desperate though, then i had them modified 4-5 times to get them right height wise and shape wise.........

White Sti Hatch
Foxy whats your secret mate ! im about to buy myself a 1.6 Ph2 and i want it on its arse ill keep the standard alloys witch im guessing are 16" 165s so what will it take to get it as low as possible without rubbing bud ??

If it dont rub it aint low enough!! ;)

or like every saxo i see mate

If it dont scuff it aint low enough

Foxy whats your secret mate ! im about to buy myself a 1.6 Ph2 and i want it on its arse ill keep the standard alloys witch im guessing are 16" 165s so what will it take to get it as low as possible without rubbing bud ??

If it dont rub it aint low enough!! ;)

or like every saxo i see mate

If it dont scuff it aint low enough

there is no secret lol, just coilovers and a set of custom made springs!

Praise the lowered :hail:

Absolutely awesome mate! :cool:

lol

Clio 1.4 16v
"if it aint rubbin, it aint dubbin"

saxo's are on torsion bars... they dont use springs...

foxy, i can get springs made up.. just wanted to know why you still use the threaded pole... it would go lower without that being there surely? if you got the bottom coil go sit straight on the axle nipple.. just a thought..

but it looks low enough.. looks good mate.. if you can.. just a pic of the axle from under the car would be good.. just for next time:rasp:

White Sti Hatch
Coilover do you have on it mate ?? where and how much were your coustom springs ??

are your wheel 195 wide ??

Clio 1.4 16v
they are FK Highsport coilovers......fronts lowered down with about 20mm left to go........the rear setup consisted of replacing the old threaded adjustment piece with one half the size, and then getting a custom spring made that was shorter than the FK one, which originally came with the kit......

i had various sets of custom springs made until it was right, finally getting them right.......

observe BioHzrd

Clio 1.4 16v
i had them made by a spring company.......cant remember the name off hand i can find out if your desperate though, then i had them modified 4-5 times to get them right height wise and shape wise.........

and again...

"if it aint rubbin, it aint dubbin"

saxo's are on torsion bars... they dont use springs...

foxy, i can get springs made up.. just wanted to know why you still use the threaded pole... it would go lower without that being there surely? if you got the bottom coil go sit straight on the axle nipple.. just a thought..

but it looks low enough.. looks good mate.. if you can.. just a pic of the axle from under the car would be good.. just for next time:rasp:

the threaded pole is designed to have the platform wound onto it, there is no platform on mine, the spring just sits on the axle...like it would with the nipple...............the nipple is tiny though, and because the springs are so short (not even as tall as my k880i)...i dont want them jumping off the nipple..........so the threaded vertical pole is just holding them in place incase they did move slightly.....

ive got a pic somewhere, il find it later lol

Coilover do you have on it mate ?? where and how much were your coustom springs ??

are your wheel 195 wide ??

FK highsport coilovers, various places, no idea on cost had them changed bits loads of times......

yeah 195/45/16

White Sti Hatch
They the ones on K-Tek mate ??

Think id get away with slammin it on Coils with archliners in on 165 Wide wheels ??

Clio 1.4 16v
the threaded pole is designed to have the platform wound onto it, there is no platform on mine, the spring just sits on the axle...like it would with the nipple...............the nipple is tiny though, and because the springs are so short (not even as tall as my k880i)...i dont want them jumping off the nipple..........so the threaded vertical pole is just holding them in place incase they did move slightly.....

ive got a pic somewhere, il find it later lol

cool... all comes clear now... yeah.. get a pic up pal.. looking good tho... safety first eh :rolleyes: :rasp:

White Sti Hatch
They the ones on K-Tek mate ??

Think id get away with slammin it on Coils with archliners in on 165 Wide wheels ??

dont know, never had anything to do with K-Tec!

defo archliners out if ure going low low

Ah fair nough was just fliipin through n seen a set of FKs thought that might have been them.....

Well only time will tell once i get the car ill see the outcome :)

Congrats on gettting it that low mate good job

RS RIP
That's one foxy mama , Foxy !

No archliners ? is'nt there a lot of s**t building up everywhere then after a while ?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
IMG_0129.gif

This was mine, 15" wheels on 195/50's!

(Lowered on springs, but they sagged dangerously over 2/3 days, this was just before i put the standards ones back on, a rough measurement before and after i swapped from the bottom of the bumper was about 130ish mm lower than standard, was pretty much on the bumpstops!)

No archliners ? is'nt there a lot of s**t building up everywhere then after a while ?

no archliners no, yeah sort of lol.........hosepipe and brush sorts that lol

IMG_0129.gif

This was mine, 15" wheels on 195/50's!

(Lowered on springs, but they sagged dangerously over 2/3 days, this was just before i put the standards ones back on, a rough measurement before and after i swapped from the bottom of the bumper was about 130ish mm lower than standard, was pretty much on the bumpstops!)

lol i remember this!

RS RIP

okay, i was thinking it would be flying all around the enginebay/airfeeds/etc. ....

want to get my freshly fitted H&R's a bit lower but it's scrubbing already

okay, i was thinking it would be flying all around the enginebay/airfeeds/etc. ....

want to get my freshly fitted H&R's a bit lower but it's scrubbing already

it usually stays pretty ok to be honest, just gotta keep on top of it, i check it once a month or so