ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Lowwwwwww Ph2 - Progress Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the postman delivered me some bits this morning..........................got hold of some clay from ebay, rather than paying 20+ quid at halfrauds.... going to give it a try to get rid of some of the crap thats currently on the paint...

IMG_0008a.gif

also picked up a 172 airbox that ive got a few ideas for from someone on the forum.........not planning to use it just yet though.........

IMG_0007a.gif

and as i sold my RS steering wheel this week, i managed to get a new wheel + boss for only a tad more than i sold the RS one for....

IMG_0003a.gif

IMG_0005a.gif

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Loving that wheel can't wait to see it. Cars not looking too shabby either.

EP3 Civic Type R
Jord, the car looks AMAZING now. Fact. You've done a great job with it- I'd be proud to own it

Last edited by a moderator:
  Turbo Beige
Whats the diameter of that steering wheel?

Did you have any issues with the Momo boss? I had one on my 182 but it had the groove for the coloum machined offset and it stopped the indicators from self cancelling.

Did you have any issues with the Momo boss? I had one on my 182 but it had the groove for the coloum machined offset and it stopped the indicators from self cancelling.

this seems to have happened to bloor, he has the same boss!

although, its been fine on mine, cancels it off fine......seems to fit fine, too.

the wheel is 330mm iirc :)

I think it could have something to do with that middle part which holds the airbag/horn connectors and spins around... I moved mine about thinking nothing of it lol

Mine cancels out on left corners but not on right corners... LOL

Quite liek it not cancelling tbh.. saves me having to put it on again when I straighten up the wheel waiting at traffic lights etc :)

Turbo Beige

this seems to have happened to bloor, he has the same boss!

although, its been fine on mine, cancels it off fine......seems to fit fine, too.

I changed mine for a K-tech one in the end and it fixed it!!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Quick question Jord, what colour is the car? In some photos it seems to have a blue shine to it, but others it's grey.

Either way all the effort has definitely been worth it, it's looking sweet. Where you up to with the orange detailing?

Quick question Jord, what colour is the car? In some photos it seems to have a blue shine to it, but others it's grey.

Either way all the effort has definitely been worth it, it's looking sweet. Where you up to with the orange detailing?

its called 'Tempest', i think it was only used on late Mk2 Ph2's, non RS.......then used quite a bit on the new MK3's.

well ive gotta get someone to buy the paint for me, haha, as only B&Q sell it, and you have to be 21 to buy paint! Immi/Dutty_112 went in for me the other day but they had none left, so Winstons going to try another store.

will have some spare mirror covers on the way early next week, and il get on with the badge and strips as soon as i have the paint........ Going to get on with sorting the interior next week, finish painting and tidying up all my wiring from chargers, bullet camera etc..... maybe a few other bits and bobs too :)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mm bit of a pain, at least it's only cosmetic though. If Winston can't get his hands on any feel free to give me a shout and I'll have a quick look round the local B&Q when I'm next in.

The placement of that bullet camera is inspired, what are you linking it up to now you're using the camcorder for the rear shot?

basically, the camera just requires a 12v source, which im running off a fused line from the battery...uses very very little power. then from that i basically have a phono lead, which plugs into the AV/Video In on alot of camcorders.......so i just plug it in and switch it to record.

Ive got another bullet camera for the back, which im planning to put in.....well, lol, the plan is to remove the rear wiper, but instead of using a grommet in the hole, to put the bullet camera there, its about the same size, plus the cavity of where the motor goes is just the right size, as the cameras are not very long........ then all this will require is a 12v source again, and give me a phono lead to plug into a camera....

problem is, i currently dont have two camcorders than AV/Video In, so i can only record one at a time......but i suppose that wouldnt matter for the time being :)

lol............yeh it looks like it, but its not what i wanted!!

ive just fitted the bits........dont match the decals or the cage, gayness, its a completely different color even though its the same fu*king paint, lol...........repaint doh

haha gord u tit :D

lmao at the voicemail you left me the other day, only just listened to it......."Gordon, stop wanking!", die lol. whos gordon?

anyway, pics, lol................f**king ghey

IMG_0061.gif

IMG_0063.gif

its more florescant that the 'tango' color the cage + decals are.....gona have to try and find a color thats a near match, and get it mixed

Status
Not open for further replies.