ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Megane R26 project

320d
The Megs generally don't sound that good. I know of a couple that do but compared to other 2.0 turbos like the Astra VXR they sound terrible. Shame really.

plans for the car look god though mate, I'm a huge fan of the R26.

The Megs generally don't sound that good. I know of a couple that do but compared to other 2.0 turbos like the Astra VXR they sound terrible. Shame really.

plans for the car look god though mate, I'm a huge fan of the R26.

Cheers mate :) I do like the standard whistle noise but just missing a exhaust lol my 182 had a full k tec unsilenced with decat, so this is making me feel the R26 is even quieter lol !

Very ry impressed with that RStuning exhaust though, and I like the ktec 3 inch one so will see what prices compare I think lol

Bored waiting for it so I took a photo of the megane snowfoamed , hopefully by the end of today it'll be nice and clean :)

AC0B7490-2867-44F4-9254-25D7BB071C49_zpsdv4adtqh.jpg

Well i finally got round to cleaning the megane , its been minging for a while

I snow foamed as seen before, Clay barred the car never had one so bad as this lol , and then used the Autobrite Hellshine Abyss paste sealant

Ive had the Abyss for a while i was going to use it on the clio but when i decided to sell it i thought i will wait, very keen to use it after seeing the results, and i have to admit , its awesome , applied very thin , but after its cured , and buffed off the shine it leaves is amazing , and the water will only bead or sheet off !

Also spent some time conditioning the leather and door cars as they werent very clean !

Happy with the results heres some photos

DSC_0190_1684_zpsf2cef058.jpg

DSC_0192_1685_zps86ec9425.jpg

Megane5_1688_zps6bd6ba6b.jpg

Megane2_1687_zpse2dae781.jpg

DSC_0201_1689_zpsa6b190c1.jpg

Cambelt in the next few weeks , and my wiperblades should be here soon !

Another item turned up today, the wiperblades have been driving me mental, they have gone dry and hard, everytime they were on they screeched and drove me mental!

Also the paint had come off the the mental was rotten simple things but needed doing

Before

001C53E8-D98F-4600-9CC4-85412976D963_zps2r2r7gxi.jpg

After

DB680B66-C2CC-464A-B0A0-8D6A753A1CCF_zpsnksna7zb.jpg

little things make the driving experience better :)

End caps have landed :D

Goes for Cambelt water pump aux kit next friday the 11th will be happy once this is sorted

Another thing on the list of to do , front brakes , quite desperately as well, spoke to G172 and after much deliberation, think im going to order a set of Brembo High Carbon Discs and a set of Mintex M1144 Pads

Also spoke to the bloke who made the braided lines for the clio , hes going to try get a set made for the Megane too so i can fit all that lot in one go ! fun fun :D

Spoken to G172 , have managed to get a set of Brembo HC discs and Mintex M1144 brake pads ordered this afternoon !

Also spoke to my friend who has confirmed he can make me a set of Braided brake hoses, I had my last set of him and they were awesome, he's also managed to make them in red to match the Brembos :)

All landing soon so will take photos as and when :)

Yesterday was spent advising my friend on spraying bits on his type R, he had some extra milano Red , so I thought I'd do the meganes engine cover,

i arent finished yet, in going to spray the raised up bits gloss black and get some decals but this was it placed on yesterday !

159B510F-B5B1-4B94-9DDC-F1F77C6A4D63_zpshb2t6ey9.jpg

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Nice car this, I want one next for sure. I was actually thinking of R26.R or a Clio V6 as they are a little bit special and loose no money!

P.s - Whilst the brakes are off, clean them thoroughly and then paint the centre bits and the edges (where the pad won't touch) neatly with some gloss black Hammerite. Allow plenty of days (plus oven) to let it go hard, and when fitting apply some Pagid Cera tec (or copper slip, I just hate the colour lol) onto the wheel spigots and the part on your painted surface to ensure the wheel won't stick!

Anal I know, but for me there is nothing worse than looking through the spokes of a wheel to see corroded brake hubs - drives me nuts!

Nice car this, I want one next for sure. I was actually thinking of R26.R or a Clio V6 as they are a little bit special and loose no money!

P.s - Whilst the brakes are off, clean them thoroughly and then paint the centre bits and the edges (where the pad won't touch) neatly with some gloss black Hammerite. Allow plenty of days (plus oven) to let it go hard, and when fitting apply some Pagid Cera tec (or copper slip, I just hate the colour lol) onto the wheel spigots and the part on your painted surface to ensure the wheel won't stick!

Anal I know, but for me there is nothing worse than looking through the spokes of a wheel to see corroded brake hubs - drives me nuts!

Haha no anal at all mate , if you have chance have a look through my previous 182 build , I'm pretty similar , mechanic by trade too, so I am pretty similar ;)

both V6 and R26R are great rare cars ! Don't think you'll go wrong with either 2bh !

Car looks superb. I've had the 172 3 weeks and I already know I'm going to have to have a black R26 next. FML.

Thank you mate ! How you finding the 172? I miss my Clio badly , it was so much fun to drive ! Megane is still pretty awesome though , the grip baffles me !

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great thread, there's a few mods you can do. I believe you can remove the back box and replace with a straight pipe and this improves the noise significantly.. Shame the megane forum is so quiet. .

Great thread, there's a few mods you can do. I believe you can remove the back box and replace with a straight pipe and this improves the noise significantly.. Shame the megane forum is so quiet. .

Cheers mate

My thoughts too mate not really much activity over there but a little bit!

There is a centre pipe mod /remove I've heard about it, but think I'll go for a stainless cat back when I can afford :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
No idea but I'm looking at doing some mods on mine so I'll let you know. I think Naith is the chap to soak l speak to

The main megane forum now is www.rsmegane.com, far from quiet. It's CS's sister site! :)

I'm on there already :) have a project thread up and running too lol :D

No idea but I'm looking at doing some mods on mine so I'll let you know. I think @Naith is the chap to soak l speak to

Youll have to let me know ! I'm looking at about 270 I think , more than that seams to get expensive for a daily ! :)

Well good news is the Cambelt kit aux belt kit and water pump have been done

downside front shocker is shot apprently :/ oh well just see on Adams r26 bits list £50.50 so not to bad really !

was expecting it cost a lot more so happy days !

Next is fit the brakes they did comment on how bad they are lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Well good news is the Cambelt kit aux belt kit and water pump have been done

downside front shocker is shot apprently :/ oh well just see on Adams r26 bits list £50.50 so not to bad really !

was expecting it cost a lot more so happy days !

Next is fit the brakes they did comment on how bad they are lol

The R26 dampers gone up in price now :dapprove:

£51.62 :)

Well sorry but I've not been keeping this as up to date as I should do really :/ started a thread over on meganesport.net as well lol

Few things have happened with the car :) I've finally bought a DA polisher so had a little play with that but between family's cars needing repairs etc I've not had much time for the megane :(

few photos , had a play on the bonnet, came up really well !

1C4A3691-797C-449F-8023-769FA483F6FB_zpshknsrmww.jpg

C8591909-EE43-4E07-B12E-17FE171902A2_zpscraqe4ct.jpg

2EC53851-B43A-487F-9EBA-9731433F83C2_zpslljutiio.jpg

2559970E-2438-4D61-ADC0-50267AD819F7_zpsdlqt7m1l.jpg

great machine and great products , I've only used the enrich, as the restore compounds a little corse on renaults soft paint, and I haven't had time use the final but looking forward to having some time and nice weather :D

Also finally fitted the front discs and pads , loads happier with it although came across quite a few complications

1DEBC956-F5BA-4832-BD56-AC5254C79DCA_zpscmzeghxz.jpg

20DA8C79-825E-4A31-BC46-04545B526732_zpsn3sx0hpm.jpg

CE8D95B1-DC36-43B0-9DFE-28D15A1E0715_zpscwbtyezn.jpg

As you can see they were very due lol, but when replacing the NS disc, I noticed that the lower hub bearing bolt was loose , this concerned me a lot, and I tightened it up, and found that the steering became very heavy , the lower bearing is fooked :mad: another thing to fix :mad:

At this point teddys came out the pram a lot , but have since spoke to a bloke over on megane sport , he's going to replace the bearing for me rather than replacement hubs as everyone says it needs , (£230+ vat) he's going to do them for £80 a side , he's going check the drivers side and if it needs that, then he will do that too! Top bloke :)

Also did a full LED upgrade on the interior , 13 501 bulbs later :O

91E1FCEA-A425-4E48-98C2-491B854CE933_zpskhathbf3.jpg

19C0F957-BF08-4251-8B49-DC97455058FC_zpsdwyzoe9h.jpg

Not the greatest pictures but gives you a idea, they are awesome, did both upper lights , did the puddle lamps , number plate bulbs (and lamps replaced with new lamps) boot and glove box

I've not got around to fitting the braided lines , and I've ordered some Titan sintofluid oil for the box

1D01977C-D898-4146-9AFD-7A184C39EC31_zpshsgopua5.jpg

So need to get the lines on , oil in, and I've also dropped on a Baileys recirc dump valve :) full kit inc blanking plate etc £40! Over the moon so that'll be here this week :)

Sorry about the long post

more to come :)

Well the last few days have been, eventful should I say!

I've had my new package delivered big thanks to Eggcakes, my dump valve has come :)

F7B8E129-1D70-4493-940D-9B43FD974808_zpssbhr6htq.jpg

1AD32A33-17D1-4BE4-A1D8-C7738545A9EF_zpsjq6kbw0d.jpg

Cant wait to get it on now :)

Also in typical Renault style, the window last night started playing up, passenger side :mad:

Went to see mark black at Bolsover car care today to have the lower hub bearing sorted on the Passenger side as the bolt had come loose again, I asked him give it a check over and a few little bits and bobs req sorted nothing major , although he has mentioned the clutch isn't mint compared to most :( great !

I mentioned the the window and he did mention the regulators and motor packs fail and a laugh later he went upstairs and returned with a regulator , and motor , £30 later job done I put it in the boot , my friend tried the window on the way home and it opened so I laughed saying waste of money that regulator is....... Then when I got home , that's it stuck open :mad: so ended up fitting the part of the motor and it's working sound again now ! Stupid Renaults lol

It's been a while been very very busy as always !

The megane is about to be hit hard, I've got so many things lying around to fit it's unreal, so I've booked next Monday off work and I'm hoping to get the megane on a ramp at work and do everything , I have a set of braided brake lines to fit, dump valve kit, a set of injectors , door handle switches and many many more ! Lol

although I have been doing some small alterations , now I know it's not to everyone's taste but it's my car and I like them lol

First off some pressed plates , I had horrible Arnold Clark plates on mine and I sure as hell ain't advertising them haha

before

17CDF152-F8BF-4FF8-9349-49B274CDED9C_zpskchc0t3h.jpg

and after

1D4D1D3A-A5E4-453E-A551-16732A56EBE9_zps0rht38mo.jpg

F8F8DBFC-E380-4946-A76D-0C0052997484_zpsgeqeyenh.jpg

lookes a lot cleaner in my opinion !

Also took off a few stickers and added a few again not to everyone's taste I know

CCC084CE-AAFC-4F0F-B548-D363327A108B_zpsexhzudyy.jpg

Getting there with it now, unfortunately a lot of my time has been dedicated to my missus' new Mini Cooper S so this hasn't been spoilt! Starting to get better with the paint , the reflection is getting better , I have to redo the boot and bumper as they are the worst , once they are done I'll be happier haha

some of the sides now I've attacked them

5BBE7CFA-92BA-4CFF-A864-FD1A376FCA95_zpsrwuumtre.jpg

6DFB9CF6-355A-49FE-98A3-0197DF6F8229_zpsofh9n1no.jpg

itll get there in the end :)

Well the car didn't know what hit it lol

the dump valve and blanking plate are on , braided lines on , brakes stripped and cleaned , front disc hubs painted black and fitted my new injectors !

Have to say , the injectors have made a huge difference, runs 100x better and cured my misfire that I got every once in a while ! Also i seam to be averaging 25mpg instead of 19! Although this could be the long trip I did I'll keep my eyes on that

Had a few issues with the lines , they fitted fine but just struggling get all the air out , bled it for the third time today and it's loads better , but I'm going to use a pressure bleeder Saturday try push the last bits if air out !

Dump valve is obviously noticeable but not over the top which is nice :)

Starting to enjoy driving it more , but I miss the Clio :( oh well see what new goodies I can bolt on :)

Surprised you miss your Clio, I certainly don't miss mine.

It would look better if you took the fake decals off imo

I will get round to the decals, not sure if I like them without , and I haven't decided if I'm keeping it , if I am I'll put the proper ones on !
Isn't this for sale on PH?

Yeah mate I did put it up a while ago ( over priced but hey ;) ), debating selling can't make my mind up !