ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The new boost bus (Subaru content)

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Glad it's nothing serious.

Recommend the Ninja Sports Cat:

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1111

The Milltek I have on my newage at the moment needed a damn good thrashing before it would pass the emissions.

The Ninja however passed when cold.

Pop over to Scoobynet and you should find an STi8 top mount for about £250, apparently need a bit of fettling to fit though but not a lot.
Need new brackets made to get hem to fit and you need the sti8 undertray too, wouldn't bother personally standard one is fine for the power your running

Subaru Impreza WRX
No you are right not necessary at all. I had a standard MY00 one on mine when it was running 325bhp. I did however change the Y-piece underneath as that's the weak point.

AMG SL55
Hi Liam,

My heart sank when I read about your CEL and oil light, bloody glad to hear nothing is wrong mate! Anyway your idle speed..... if it was me (and not long ago it was LOL!)... I would replace the MAF sensor. Remember I left a new one in the glovebox. It's a real weak point on these cars which is why I had a spare. Idle speed dropping is a classic symptom of the beginning of the end for the MAF. It's a ten minute job so I would do it.

BTW I have an STI8 top mount intercooler here. Was going to stick it up for sale on Scoobynet.... it's yours for £150 if you want it. No worries if you don't. Just thought I'd give you first dibs. Has an upgraded Y pipe on it too.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My old classic used to go through MAF sensors like I get through beer! But then I did have an open cone on it.

​As said though, replace that first. I shat my pants first time mine played up. Proper scared me!

Subaru Impreza WRX
I agree, replacing the MAF was the first thing I did to mine, and smoothed it out a lot - boost and idling was a tad erratic before that. £83 I think it was.

Agree with the ten minute job too - even I did it myself and I am bloody pants under the bonnet. From memory though I had to buy a 'torx' attachment.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Same! I am in the motor trade and asked everyone i knew and NOBODY had one in that size.

I think they call them security torx??

They're stupid anyway.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hi Liam,

My heart sank when I read about your CEL and oil light, bloody glad to hear nothing is wrong mate! Anyway your idle speed..... if it was me (and not long ago it was LOL!)... I would replace the MAF sensor. Remember I left a new one in the glovebox. It's a real weak point on these cars which is why I had a spare. Idle speed dropping is a classic symptom of the beginning of the end for the MAF. It's a ten minute job so I would do it.

BTW I have an STI8 top mount intercooler here. Was going to stick it up for sale on Scoobynet.... it's yours for £150 if you want it. No worries if you don't. Just thought I'd give you first dibs. Has an upgraded Y pipe on it too.

Hi :) Ah yes I do remember, I'll get that fitted pronto. And yes I'll take that please, do you have paypal?

My old classic used to go through MAF sensors like I get through beer! But then I did have an open cone on it.

​As said though, replace that first. I shat my pants first time mine played up. Proper scared me!

My first thought..... "oh fcuk" lol.
I agree, replacing the MAF was the first thing I did to mine, and smoothed it out a lot - boost and idling was a tad erratic before that. £83 I think it was.

Agree with the ten minute job too - even I did it myself and I am bloody pants under the bonnet. From memory though I had to buy a 'torx' attachment.
Thanks, i'll get it fitted. :)

AMG SL55
Still says it's full so have emailed you as found your email address from when we exchanged messages about the car so no worries

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
7BD7FD8B-90B6-4157-B5D3-18D3A35FC735-22015-000008BB77BE2D64_zpscb6cf4af.jpg

​Nice present came in the post today :cool: Should have it fitted within a week or so, then call up and book an appointment for an enhancement detail and then undersealed & calipers painted.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Unfortunately not mate! Left it round at the mechanics quite a while back for an oil change, wheel bearing and to get the MAF changed. Mechanic and his dad had a nosey underneath it and were surprised at how clean it is.

Can't wait to get this weather out of the way and splash some cash on it. I'm well used to it now so will be aiming for way over the 300bhp mark. Once bored of that a 6 speed box and then who knows!

Got stuck in traffic yesterday at 3.30pm, bang outside a school. Group of little kids staring and waving at me. So embarrassing. Lol

Nice, It is just too clean to be a Subaru haha.
Sounds good with the plans as 300bhp is just the right amount for a Subaru, Such an epic car so I would've been one of them school kids waving at you like a looney lol

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Holy thread bump 😳

This is currently in the garage getting the following fitted

pads front and back
handbrake shoes adjuster kit/pins
abs ring
brake hoses
oil and filter
fan belt
fuel filter
cv boots
front calipers
ball joints
timing belt
tyres

Paid my mate just under £500 for the majority of that list, tbh I'll probably get him to refresh the suspension anyway (shocks/bushes etc) and whatever else it needs. I haven't been regularly driving it for years now, it was waxed and left under 2 covers, the paintwork is really good considering. Few chips here and there. Wheel arches are spot on, fuel tank is good too (common rust spot iirc). So in the next couple of months I should have it back on the road and over in mighty Scotland. I'll probably leave it into a bodyshop actually for a touch up here and there and probably some protection underneath.

I see all the old photobucket photos are gone. Can't really update this without a pic so here's some reposts from ages ago 😂 Prices for these are absolutely mental currently so if I do get a ridiculous offer I may sell it.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-17 at 10.32.20 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-17 at 10.39.17 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-05-17 at 10.39.18 PM.jpeg

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
There’s a lot of love for an old Impreza. Absolutely loved mine. 👌