ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Car: 3.0 Z4

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So, after a whole day cleaning, and I really mean a whole day, it's finally time to sling up some pics of the new car... (sorry this is quite a read)

Picked this up last weekend from a certain member off of here, it's a lovely car but was in need of a really good clean. It's obviously spent a lot of time in the muddy, dusty countryside!

Firstly, a massive thanks for Rob (TheEvilGiraffe) and Danny for helping out, oh and we took no "before's" as we were busy and started early.

Anyway, I suppose I'll list what spent the day doing? (Got to give you something to read after all)

Firstly, a good, thorough 2BM wash and pressure wash in ever nook and cranny
The wheels got a good going over with some bilberry but these will need a refurb no matter what
Out came the ironX which was left to work its magic and worked in, the pressure washed
The car was then clayed with bilthalmer
Then a nice going over with a very soft, fluffy megs wash mit
The car was then dried off thoroughly with a range of towels and we stopped for lunch.

At this point another Danny turned up and cracked on with the machie polisher and I set about tackling the inside.

Danny gave the car a good coat of black hole all over, removing any marks left from the stickers that were all over the back :quiet:

Whilst he was doing this, I attacked the interior...

The interior was hanging, no marks or anything, just a good build up of dust/dirt (I am quite fussy so I guess that doesn't help). I removed all the mats and started with the hoover, then moved the seats right forward and got behind there. The little hidey holes back there were all rather dirty dusty. Once I'd hoovered everything I cracked on with trim cleaning stuff and some leather care products, all came up well enough, the mats were hoovered and slung back in, big improvement in there!!!

Finally we gave the glass a going over with some dodo juice... Anyways, time for some pics:

6949590713_cbdfe24ebf_z.jpg

BMW Z4 3.0 by evil_giraffes_rule, on Flickr

6949587843_7f47d14e1b_z.jpg

6803476210_557ba1cf16_z.jpg

6803467668_9284cff7df_z.jpg

6949573809_3a6750b153_z.jpg

So, the car...

In short, I'm in love.

It's absolutely perfect for what I want right now, I don't need extra seats, I wanted something fun/fast and it sounds sublime (I cannot believe how it sounds, I really can't). Despite all that, it's got quite a professional image (for work) and gets brilliant MPG for what it is, especially on the motorway.

I'm off to the lakes again on the 24th and I honestly can not wait, even after a full week driving it (doing an insane amount of miles), it still puts a smile every time I go anywhere, having the top down it beyond awesome too :eek:

It's got some really nice options: Auto lights/wipers, black leather electric memory seats, electric folding mirrors, tyre pressure sensors, dual zone traction control, cruise control...

So yea, I think that's enough for now.. thanks for reading. I'll be doing a proper write up once I've got to know it and had some proper driving experience.

One final moody shot to finish:

6949578507_3795904cb0_z.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Laura's old bus? Heard this in person if it is and it sounds beyond epic.

Lovely car mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Gayer than alan carr sucking off scott mills, but I can appreciate them, they look good, built well, quick, proper wheel drive...

You've certainly bought a car to match your dress sense anyway. ;) x

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Laura's old bus? Heard this in person if it is and it sounds beyond epic.

Lovely car mate.

Tis mate, I can't stop pushing it just to hear that noise!

Thanks

Lovely! Hope to own one in the near future!

Cheers mate, you wouldn't regret it, trust me!

Gayer than alan carr sucking off scott mills, but I can appreciate them, they look good, built well, quick, proper wheel drive...

You've certainly bought a car to match your dress sense anyway. ;) x

Blimey, I've told you before, it doesn't matter how many times you call me gay, you still can't have me.

Yeah it ticks A LOT of boxes for me, so it was a good choice IMO.

I want my new car too. :dapprove:

Really does look superb mate!

Cheers mate, it's looking brilliant after today. I can't wait to start making some little changes.

Would CSL wheels be a bad idea? :eek:

It goes well with the pink ladies underwears he had on today, Danielson!!

Purple FFS!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Superb mate.

Really really good buy and much much better than the TT option.

So how's the engine in these? I know how BMWs just come with the usual horror stories!

Shall it be at CSS?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nice, we just had one traded in at work for just under 4k in black, 05 plate.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Superb mate.

Really really good buy and much much better than the TT option.

So how's the engine in these? I know how BMWs just come with the usual horror stories!

Shall it be at CSS?

Cheers Kev, much better than the TT for me I think yeah.

The engines are generally very good, the reliable 3.0 lump, sticking out just over 230hp and sounds immense.. It'll definitely be at CSS and I'll take you for a blast.

Looks nice.

What sorta coin are these commanding?

Cheers man, not as much as you may think!

Nice, we just had one traded in at work for just under 4k in black, 05 plate.

Jesus! The 3.0???

Swap me? :eek:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
not sure if it was a 3.0, its so dirty it unreal.

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah lovely, paint had a very deep shine to it, it was pretty hard to see whilst applying (so I'm told) but the results are awesome.

The paint feels like glass too.

not sure if it was a 3.0, its so dirty it unreal.

For 4k I bet it was, I actually dread to think.

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
Nice car. Like the look of them but for some reason I wouldn't own one.

Thought you were getting a TT? What happened?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Csl will be mint mate. Bbs etc most will look good with a small drop. Eibachs?

Z4
Decent motor there mate, as mentioned much better idea than the tt; this has the same image but drives so much better, more man points too IMO.

Im thinking about one myself! The facelift lights look far better which is irritating, although you can buy some clear rear lights and tint them red which looks far better. Front lights are tougher..

Whats the low down torque like? I hear it's alright, probably equal if not better than an m3 due to the lazy lump!I take it the foam has been taken out of the sound generator!

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I really, really like these.

I would say 'love' if the interior had a bit more spark to it.

Cheers, What more would you want from the interior? It's much nicer than my e46 320, it's the brushed dark ali, which looks pretty good IMO.

Nice motor, that roof will be down more often with the spring approaching

That's the plan for it, roof down and enjoy!

Nice car. Like the look of them but for some reason I wouldn't own one.

Thought you were getting a TT? What happened?

Erm... a good deal came up I suppose would be the correct response?

Really it just made sense, it's a better car in almost every way bar not having any extra seats, the more I thought about it the more I realised I didn't need them.

It's also a far better drivers car.

Csl will be mint mate. Bbs etc most will look good with a small drop. Eibachs?

I want it to look like this (but 18's those are 19's): (I don't think I'll be lowering it)

CIMG1459.jpg

Mine already seems to sit lower, could be due to being a 3l sport or whatever, so it should look good.

Decent motor there mate, as mentioned much better idea than the tt; this has the same image but drives so much better, more man points too IMO.

Im thinking about one myself! The facelift lights look far better which is irritating, although you can buy some clear rear lights and tint them red which looks far better. Front lights are tougher..

Whats the low down torque like? I hear it's alright, probably equal if not better than an m3 due to the lazy lump!I take it the foam has been taken out of the sound generator!

Cheers mate, IMO there's more man points that the TT :D

I'll probably be doing the facelift rear lights, I'd love to do the front but the cost in insane! I guess I'll have to grin and bare it!

Low down torque is really good IMO (well it impressed me), the gears feel really long too which makes really giving it some GREAT fun!

I assume the foam has been taken out and this is the reason for the noise, it's PERFECT as it is thought, quiet as a mouse on the motorway and an animal when you press the loud pedal.

You seem to know your stuff with them though, you'll be good to talk to in future ;)

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
18's would be sweet. The interior still looks pretty good for the age. Looking at other 03 plates anyway.

Heated seats Rob?

I'm definitely up for a blast in it. :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Heated seats are the only thing it's missing, I've said this to about 9 people now with a sad look on my face.

From what I've seen, heated seats come up occasionally as people upgrade to sport seats, so I'm keeping an eye out. The zed forums are really good too.

I hope the 18's will look amazing, I need to have a think about it though before I act. The 19's on the above look too big.

We'll definitely go out for a blast mate, it's fun :D

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Much messing around to get heated seats working Rob, or is the wiring already there and just a case of plug and play?

Looks good btw!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Much messing around to get heated seats working Rob, or is the wiring already there and just a case of plug and play?

Looks good btw!

Cheer Owen :)

From what I've seen, the BMW's are much easier to retro fit stuff, take the steering wheel for example, 9/10 of them have the wiring sitting there for it just not plugged in. I'll check the seat wiring when I get a good chance and see.

Ta mate, your 106 isn't so bad either, haven't seen a thread though?