ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Get the samsung ones. Avoid glass imo. Samsung sell two for 10 quid and alignment stuff. I have it on my s22u.

Tip, do it in the shower room or en suite, the steam keeps the dust down. Look on you tube or google.
Cheers mate.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You might get thicker ones and better protection, but you're ruining a great phone screen experience and if you're going to drop it that hard, how much help is the protector.

Can recommend the dbrand grip case also, thicker, but good protection, I take my phone out the case in the house mostly as they feel so much better in the hand.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Real leather skin on the real. Smells like manly balls. Love it!
20220801_110703-01.jpeg

20220801_110604-01.jpeg
20220801_110543-01.jpeg
20220801_110538-01.jpeg
20220801_110555-01.jpeg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good choice! Hopefully you enjoy the experience. Really research it and get the most from the phone. USE the pixel quirks to your advantage!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Samsung was offering £600 for my S21 ultra and the temptation to upgrade was strong. Think it's not really worth it though doubt I'd really notice the difference and I prefer the curved corners more than the squared look. Main thing is I'd like the 500gb one as I only have 11gb left now but that'll probably still last ages. I thought £600 was a good offer though especially seen as I got it for £1k brand new from Currys clearance on eBay with a little mark on the box.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not a bad price. But your phone is still one of the best phones ever made and the best phone on sale for all rounder. There is a reason MKBHD uses one daily 18 months after its release. Brilliant piece of tech.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Something about the look of this phone. Incredible design language! Great specs under £600!

Screenshot_20220814-165208_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-165858_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-165805_Gallery.jpg
OPPO-Reno8-Side-960x750.jpg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Day 4 of swapping back to my Galaxy S9 from the Xperia 1 III and I'm struggling to remember why I ever wanted to upgrade. I don't miss the 4k display at all, I don't miss the 120Hz display anywhere near as much as I thought I would, and the camera is so much easier to use.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't that the one that you posted against the iPhone and Pixel?
The camera looked pretty ropey from memory. I'll watch that video tomorrow though.

Massive Megapixels means nothing if the sensor and software can't perform.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It is ropey, especially video. Still a very good phone and that bit more interesting compared to the 6a. The pixel is a great phone and a great competitor.

Just another interesting choice.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The man himself reviewing the Flip 4. Emma just got hers delivered today with the new watch 5.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Didn't know there was new watches out, only had my watch 4 classic in February

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Looks kinda long but it's standard screen. High quality build. Essentially cost about £250 after all the discounts and the £150 voucher she got in the box. 😂 Literally throwing them out the doors.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Pretty impressed with my Pixel 6 pro, the magic eraser is a bit tricky to you use, but the camera is excellent, phone looks and works great, battery life seems decent to.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I quite fancied trying one out over a week to see if I would like it all. The object eraser clone on Samsung is very very good. I have the spen which makes it a little easier but this was a rough one ...

20220709_152332.jpg
20220710_114819.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting development. Recent verge podcast talking about "small" phones. I think an iphone pro mini would sell well also, but in fairness a non max pro isn't too big.

Exciting, love Sony phones, still haven't owned a modern one!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thought I'd call ee and see what deals they can do on the iPhone 13 Pro.

Best deal aparantly. £90 upfront and £55 a month.

Asked about a sim only deal that I had seen @£15 a month (12 month contract).

I currently pay 41.

Debating to go sim.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Smashed two of my camera lenses the other day. No problemo, I have Applecare+ through my insurance.

Made an appointment, strolled in, 'Ah yes, that'll be £400 sir'

'No it won't, I have Applecare'

Nope. Says expired on my phone. Phoned Vodafone's insurance department 'oh yeah we didn't send the form off, give it 48 hours and you'll have it back'

Worth checking if you still have it before you go in and make yourself look a tit like me.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thought I'd call ee and see what deals they can do on the iPhone 13 Pro.

Best deal aparantly. £90 upfront and £55 a month.

Asked about a sim only deal that I had seen @£15 a month (12 month contract).

I currently pay 41.

Debating to go sim.

SIM only is definitely the way, I've managed to get my contract down to £10 p/m now and that's for 20Gb.

You do realise iPhone 14 is out next week?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Got a new SIM card over here because roaming is fucked since Brexit, found out my phone doesn't support dual SIM. Tits. At least the new one does but I'll have to wait until I'm back in the UK to collect it along with my car.
On the plus side I get 140Gb for just under £7, and video streaming sites (YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video etc) don't count towards my data usage!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Rang ee again, not playing ball with the 13 Pro. I'm kind of tempted by the oppo 5pro thing at 47 a month. Anyone know much about them?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Rang ee again, not playing ball with the 13 Pro. I'm kind of tempted by the oppo 5pro thing at 47 a month. Anyone know much about them?
i looked at them mate, would have got one but too expensive for me, i ended up with a Pixel 6 pro, £40 a month with 20gb on O2, so far it's been great and battery life seems decent enough.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the best price is 47 a month. They said there was a 150 upfront but they will do it for £50. Probably go for that unless any other replies which are negative etc.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the best price is 47 a month. They said there was a 150 upfront but they will do it for £50. Probably go for that unless any other replies which are negative etc.
I would opt for the pixel 6 pro over it if similar money.