ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My iPhone 11 is due a swap on sky mobile. It’s the 516gb one. The back glass is cracked, there’s £240 left on the contact and they say the phone is worth £187. What’s the going rate for one? Is it with just paying the £240 then flogging it myself?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Boss them mate, Star Gazing is on my list of things to do, can't see f**k by me as i only live a mile or so from the docks which are lit up 24/7.

Cheers mate.
Get yourself down Mid Wales to Elan Valley. It's a popular location

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Booo. In the early upgrade time frame but the best deal is within 45 days of my contract, the 4th of September.

Today ip13 deal. £64 a month. Nah.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Nope. Standard 13 with low memory.

I get this everytime I upgrade. He just said wait until 45 days before. I looked on carphone warehouse and its 43 a month lol.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That’s unreal.

I done mine through affordable mobiles and it was much cheaper than going direct, you can upgrade depending on what network you’re with.
Mine’s £40 a month for 100gb data, I can upgrade to unlimited for an extra £3 if I really wanted to.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I'd be willing to bet when usb C gets like that it's because fluff gets pressed into it over time. Pick it out with a pin and it'll be fine again!

No fluff in my laptop it's just a little bit loose, my iPad Air is still ok, fairly tight, but lightning connectors click/lock into place, much more secure.

I know USB-C is a faster protocol though, but the physical connection is better in lightning, they need a hybrid of the two.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Looking to offset some of my cancellation fees by selling my phone, but no idea how much to expect as eBay prices seem to be all over the place. What would you say a 10 month old Xperia 1 III was worth? Mint condition, always had a case on it etc.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
i am thinking about a Google 6A pro, but seems the battery life isn't great, anyone got one?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
i am thinking about a Google 6A pro, but seems the battery life isn't great, anyone got one?

I haven't got a 6A, but have got a 6 Pro, initially the battery life was a bit crap, but after a few charges it improved quite a lot. I can easily get a couple days from it now on average, it's only when i use it heavily all day it needs to be put on charge when going to bed. Mine was bought on release day too, so approx 10 months old now.

The biggest issue for me though is the slow charging. My old Oneplus would give me near enough a full charge in under half an hour the Pixel takes over 2 hours

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't got a 6A, but have got a 6 Pro, initially the battery life was a bit crap, but after a few charges it improved quite a lot. I can easily get a couple days from it now on average, it's only when i use it heavily all day it needs to be put on charge when going to bed. Mine was bought on release day too, so approx 10 months old now.

The biggest issue for me though is the slow charging. My old Oneplus would give me near enough a full charge in under half an hour the Pixel takes over 2 hours

Adaptive charging turned on? Or an alarm set?

That will slow the charge rate down.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Battery will be fine dude.

Both very unbiased but listen to the important stuff Juan says. It's actually beating phones like the Samsung s22 in a lot of real world things.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Anyone looked at the Oppo find X5 and X5 pro? seem to get very good reviews, my S20 has been really good but i just fancy a change instead of automatically going down the S22 route, an S22 pro is too expensive....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Good phones, i'm always put off some brands because of the support they offer. What is the budget? Nothing phone 1 of interest? Great price.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Good phones, i'm always put off some brands because of the support they offer. What is the budget? Nothing phone 1 of interest? Great price.
I pay 40 quid a month currently with 90gb of data on O2, dont really want to be paying much more.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

I believe you're better off just getting the Pixel 6 as the price difference is about £50? Missus just got one; nice phone but too big for me.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Anyone on or used ID mobile network? i know it's Carphone Warehouses own and uses Three for coverage, just wondering if their are any issues? they offer some really good deals, but not use if you can't got a signal.

The Mrs is on Three and says it's rubbish, but it seems to get decent reviews.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I pay 40 quid a month currently with 90gb of data on O2, dont really want to be paying much more.

I think the pro is a good buy, not the standard model, so many good upper midrange. Pixel 6a is being released also.

Putting in all your wants, at a guess, it actually came up on the O2 website as the pixel 6a was perfect for £30 a month. It isn't flasghip in screen. Also wireless charging. Size is a big thing aswell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone on or used ID mobile network? i know it's Carphone Warehouses own and uses Three for coverage, just wondering if their are any issues? they offer some really good deals, but not use if you can't got a signal.

Always depends on what part of the country really.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We ordered a new Flip 4 for Emma off samsung. Lovely thing. 512gb in graphite. Trading her note 10+ 5g in she got £410 off plus a discount! Crazy deals!

All in costing about £450 for a brand new Flip 4.

20220811_215410.jpg

NextPit_Samsung_Galaxy_Z_Flip_3_external_display.jpg

162180-phones-review-hands-on-samsung-galaxy-z-flip-4-image10-bwcsdr6q2s.jpg

20220811_215356.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flip I vaguely get. The fold I don't

It's so thick.
The fold 4 isn't too bad, the less width helps combat the thickness and it depends how productive aswell you want to be. It's a tablet and media device in your pocket.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cost usually helps the camera. iPhone won but that was more of the yard stick as it isn't a price point. And the pixel beat the nothing phone by around 2 to 1. Seems the cheaper sensors could only do so much in low light.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cost usually helps the camera. iPhone won but that was more of the yard stick as it isn't a price point. And the pixel beat the nothing phone by around 2 to 1. Seems the cheaper sensors could only do so much in low light.
They should have had the base iPhone against those tbh. Saying that, the pixed is double the price of the nothing isn't it?

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
in true CS fashion i think i am just going to get an S22, some decent deals about at the moment.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

I'm with ID on an s22 contract. Pay £30/month for unltd calls texts and 100gb data. Not had too many issues, 5g is sometimes slow to get started but usually OK once on.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I'm with ID on an s22 contract. Pay £30/month for unltd calls texts and 100gb data. Not had too many issues, 5g is sometimes slow to get started but usually OK once on.
Thanks mate, ID offer some great deals, just the kind of info i needed... (y)

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
What screen protector would you recommend for the s22 ultra? Mine should be here soon. I've got the Spigen rear case which I've used on all my galaxy's just not sure on screen protectors this time.

Cheers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What screen protector would you recommend for the s22 ultra? Mine should be here soon. I've got the Spigen rear case which I've used on all my galaxy's just not sure on screen protectors this time.

Cheers
Get the samsung ones. Avoid glass imo. Samsung sell two for 10 quid and alignment stuff. I have it on my s22u.

Tip, do it in the shower room or en suite, the steam keeps the dust down. Look on you tube or google.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They should have had the base iPhone against those tbh. Saying that, the pixed is double the price of the nothing isn't it?
Yeah iphone se, but I think the 13 was to showcase the difference between good and really good.

Nothing phone: $450
6A: $450

The 6 and 6 pro are a bit more expensive.