ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I had 20% discount on the graphite 512 S23 ultra £300 in vouchers and £150 trade In cashback for any old phone.
I pay £11 month from tesco 8g data 5000mins 5000 texts.

Phone is mint tbh

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
on the samsung web site

s23 ultra is £1400

they are doing a £200 cash back on it and i can get £200 off from trade in.

so phone is £1000, over 24 months thats £42 a month. think thats still more than i want to pay as that does not include any simcard.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just looking at the s23+

its 1050, they are doing 150 cash back and 200 for trade in.

so phone works out to be 700, over 24 months that £29 or £39 with £10 a month simcard.

997.1, Caddy, e208
on the samsung web site

s23 ultra is £1400

they are doing a £200 cash back on it and i can get £200 off from trade in.

so phone is £1000, over 24 months thats £42 a month. think thats still more than i want to pay as that does not include any simcard.
The phone through EPP is £1199.
£200 trade in makes it £999
Buds2 pro - £70+ on ebay

£39/m over 24m + £8/m 30gb/unl/unl sim

£47/m, 30 days rolling contract, no annual increase either.

The deals were better the other week admittedly

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
The phone through EPP is £1199.
£200 trade in makes it £999
Buds2 pro - £70+ on ebay

£39/m over 24m + £8/m 30gb/unl/unl sim

£47/m, 30 days rolling contract, no annual increase either.

The deals were better the other week admittedly
Whats EPP?

997.1, Caddy, e208
Enhanced partnership program.
Totum
Blc
Perks at work

Etc.

Allegedly you can get cashback via them too, there's a chat transcript floating around confirming it, which would smash the monthlies out of the water

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I don't want to sound old but not sure I understand pay as you go 😬
It's probably been 20 years since I had a pay as you go simcard.

So I have unlimited calls and text.
I topped up £10 and I've made a few phone calls and my credit has gone down by £5 already. So how does unlimited calls work if my credit is going down?

I'm confused?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I don't want to sound old but not sure I understand pay as you go 😬
It's probably been 20 years since I had a pay as you go simcard.

So I have unlimited calls and text.
I topped up £10 and I've made a few phone calls and my credit has gone down by £5 already. So how does unlimited calls work if my credit is going down?

I'm confused?
Lol what? If its pay as you go you have to push cash on to make calls and texts.

If it's sim only you choose what benefits you get, unlimited calls/ texts etc. For a fixed sum each month.

Wtf have you done

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Lol what? If its pay as you go you have to push cash on to make calls and texts.

If it's sim only you choose what benefits you get, unlimited calls/ texts etc. For a fixed sum each month.

Wtf have you done
f**k knows.

I got one of these rolling sim-cards, it says unlimited minutes

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
PAYG? Didn't even realise that was a thing. Get a 10pcm SIM only thing and away you go! Have you changed phone yet Andy?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
PAYG? Didn't even realise that was a thing. Get a 10pcm SIM only thing and away you go! Have you changed phone yet Andy?
i did get a £10 rolling plan one, but i cant work out why my credit is going down when it says unlimited calls. maybe ill have to be really old and phone o2 and ask :ROFLMAO:

i havent purchased a phone yet, think im going to stick with my Xperia 1 iii for a few more months and see what happens.

ive gone from paying £65 month to hopefully just £10. so big saving at the mo

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Last time I looked into it (which was a few years ago) the only company left still doing 'true' PAYG was Three.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at O2 PAYG and unless you've been checking voicemails loads or calling sex lines, you shouldn't have anything taken off your allowance.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Andy is this you?

5100.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
O2 customer services are in India, need I say anymore. f**king painful!

Apparently you need to activate your bundle /plan to get the unlimited stuff. Doesn't say that in the booklet the simcard came with.

I've had to top up again and they have very kindly activated my unlimited cllas and text.

I will be sending an email complaint in, in an attempt to get my original £10 back. I will be sending them photos of their booklet the simcard came with.

w*****s

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
O2 customer services are in India, need I say anymore. f**king painful!

Apparently you need to activate your bundle /plan to get the unlimited stuff. Doesn't say that in the booklet the simcard came with.

I've had to top up again and they have very kindly activated my unlimited cllas and text.

I will be sending an email complaint in, in an attempt to get my original £10 back. I will be sending them photos of their booklet the simcard came with.

w*****s

Tesco mobile been with them years use O2 but all uk customer service and very good.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Best 45W charger for S23 ultra?
Samsung own or any better?

I didn't get the 45w one
Think mine is 25w one from Samsung. About 15 quid. Looked at the stats between them both and cost difference and don't recall it being a big difference time wise

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I didn't get the 45w one
Think mine is 25w one from Samsung. About 15 quid. Looked at the stats between them both and cost difference and don't recall it being a big difference time wise

Does that need a thicker cable like the 45w one to get the speed or just use the one that came with phone?

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Anyone else with a S23 ultra having issues with it ? I think the camera photos are crap. My old Note 9 did photos kinda the same, plus now, I have a rattle coming from inside the phone(that I didn't had before), and when I try to book a service thing, Samsung says is normal. Wtf !! Normal at a 1k + phone ?

And I keep my phone in a bulky rugged case, front and back cover, not dropping it or stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230624_183813_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230624_183813_Chrome.jpg
    294.8 KB · Views: 24

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's the image stabilization iirc.

I had it in the few weeks I owned my note 8 or 9.

Still toying with the idea of a Pixel 7 Pro. My Huawei P30 pro is starting to slow down and it takes a good 5 seconds for anyone to be able to hear me once I've answered the phone.