ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Do you not think they've been left behind by the competition?

The v60 is 2 phones in a case. It's not a fold. Just buy an upgraded fold. Watch John rettinger and Mr mobile. They can't stop using their's. Not even they thought they would have this impact.

The fold 2 is really going to move the game on with the exterior display. Very excited to see what happens.
ill leave this here ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEbdX5otUUw

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Missus just ordered an iPhone 11 today. She's been away from Apple for 8 years! So will be interesting to see what she thinks now. 3 year contract though... told her I would have personally waited until the iPhone redesign in October, but hey ho.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think £45 p/m for 128Gb and insurance included... I then told her there was no point in getting the 128Gb version now I have my NAS drive up and running, and it'll be covered under our home insurance policy! I wish she'd ask me before tech purchases lol. O2 refresh by the way.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cool. Not sure which way I go. Still keen on the se2 and go sim only.

Talking of contracts. My better half will be going from a £65 p/m to an £11 p/m come the 6th June.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Anyone got a Pixel 3a XL, any good?

The Samsung S10e looks a decent phone but EE have stopped stocking it now. I'll probably run my contract down till August and get the S10e from Carphone Warehouse.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Well her iPhone was delivered in less than 24 hours! Can't knock O2 there. Does look nice, done a few comparison shots and can definitely tell the improvements over my X.

One weird thing... she's still appearing as green bubbles on messages, any idea why?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good phones. The new one is getting rave reviews especially camera wise. Does the p30 have Google play or still an add on?

No idea when they stopped. They have so many phones!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Good phones. The new one is getting rave reviews especially camera wise. Does the p30 have Google play or still an add on?

No idea when they stopped. They have so many phones!
P30 series are the last to come with Google.
Seen that you can side load it on the 40 but I wouldn't like to rely on that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
15 minutes max. Just not really something I should have to worry about on my new phone.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
15 minutes max. Just not really something I should have to worry about on my new phone.
Oh it doesn't look hard to do, but some apps (banking etc) still don't work and I wouldn't want to risk them being pulled in the future.
If you aren't invested in Google's ecosystem, and don't use some apps then their store is probably good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't do it until it was fully fledged and I know most will feel the same.

Experia is getting good reviews. Nice to see others have a go at the title.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fwiw I will miss out the note20 and await next year's phones. Diminishing returns and camera on the Samsung isn't hitting the spot I want.
Far far from bad and probably ahead stills wise than the iPhone and below pixel. iPhone video is game changing.

Good enough to get by but I want more and more every year from these sensors.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Fwiw I will miss out the note20 and await next year's phones. Diminishing returns and camera on the Samsung isn't hitting the spot I want.
Far far from bad and probably ahead stills wise than the iPhone and below pixel. iPhone video is game changing.

Good enough to get by but I want more and more every year from these sensors.

Lol was waiting for the Gally Note comments.
You have been a fan for a while.
I've got an S10+ , not sure what to go for next tbh

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The S20 didn't do what it should have with the camera and the note will use 90% the same. This is the best phone I've owned. By a long way!

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
anyone link me up with a suitable wireless charger for an s20?

not keen on these random ones on ebay

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen The Verge have given the P40 Pro 5/10, ouch!
I'd seen another review slating it for:
Lack of Google store (we've known about that for ages)
No headphone Jack (not sure any top end phones come with this anymore)
Poor speaker - fair enough.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
im new to Samsung phones and am having right email trouble on my s20.

im with BT and have been trying to setup outlook, but all it does is ask me to re-enter my password.

what other options do I have to setup email?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You know I be jesting you! I have no idea. Never had any issues with email. Still miss my blackberry for email.