ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
im new to Samsung phones and am having right email trouble on my s20.

im with BT and have been trying to setup outlook, but all it does is ask me to re-enter my password.

what other options do I have to setup email?
You can setup other clients on Gmail. Should be able to setup your BT on there.

Seat Ibiza FR
Tempted by the Oppo Find X2 Neo especially with a free B&O speaker if I pre-order one. Anybody had experience with Oppo?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They always get a decent review but never experienced longevity. What are they 299?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh! That's expensive for Something that offers little support, would rather a one plus. Or a Samsung one around that price? Earlier note 10?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When something goes wrong with it. It's always a worry with less mainstream phones? It's not cheap.

Seat Ibiza FR
I see what you mean. This seems to be a fairly big launch for this phone in the UK, i believe they are popular in India and China, so hopefully it will have the support with it too. I think they're the 4th biggest smartphone brand by market share behind Samsung, Huawei and Apple.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Colour me impressed! Well played Sony. It's very difficult to make an impression in the current market. Camera is my top selling point on a phone anyway so I'm impressed.

Design is hard to take with the forehead and chin but nice 4k screen.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The camera looks incredible tbh.
The wife's had Sony for years and she can't fault them and they aren't even the top spec ones.
This could replace my 2XL

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had a few Xperias, all been spot on. Always liked having a dedicated camera button, and the fingerprint reader on the side worked really well.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wife's after a small-ish phone.
She's currently got a Sony Xperia z3 compact which has finished contract now. She's on o2 and gets NHS discount on her air time. That discount is only when the phone is being paid for though so it's finished now so she may as well upgrade and keep the discount going with a new phone.
She's after something similar size but it's got to be from o2 direct, can't be from a third party company I think.

Voda and EE also discount for the NHS but they aren't as good deals and frankly, EE are extortionate for what you get. I suggested the Pixel 4 but o2 don't do them. EE want £47 for 10gb!

Anyone got any ideas on a small ish phone. She doesn't want an iPhone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
so after owning the s20 for a month now ive decided the battery isn't as good as my Xperia 1, which is a shame.

don't really want to carry a power pack around with me etc... so thought id give one of these a go.
it does double the thickness of the phone and probably doubles the weight, but actually its really good.

probably not something ill have on the phone daily, but when cycling or going on days out its going to be really handy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087Q4H4TP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Mine lasts all day easily. Wether it lasts as long as my note 9 only time will tell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When did you get the phone Andy? Also do you run Facebook?

I have hardly ever eaten through my note10+ battery and I am super heavy on my phone.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
When did you get the phone Andy? Also do you run Facebook?

I have hardly ever eaten through my note10+ battery and I am super heavy on my phone.
um about month or two ago. its brand new.

I run a FB business, so spend my life on FB.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm massively under impressed with my "flagship" s20 ultra.

Battery isn't great
Camera isn't great and focusing takes forever
Finger print scanner is still a bag of w**k and in the wrong place.

Can't believe I'm paying £63 a month for it. Gonna stick it up for sale I reckon

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't have bought an s20 ultra after the initial impressions. That auto focus alone would kill my online business presence.

Software update is meant to have helped?

The new iPhone should be killer! Can't wait to see what they do. Improving on the 11 pro camera is going to take things up a notch again!

Very small margins with cameras just now. They should all concentrate on post processing like Google. It's the key.

Oh and Facebook will be murdering your battery on and off screen. I don't have Facebook.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just can't get my head round that much per month, but horses for courses lol.
I pay 55 with discount for my note10+ 5g. I essentially run part of a business from it. Pennies in comparison to the hassle I would have with another phone or setting up an iPad or some other nonsense. The speed I can do important things makes it a no brainer. I'd pay 100 a month for what I get out this phone.

Oh and if no one has set up Bixby routines (ignore the Bixby name) they're missing out on the best automation on any phone. It's blown me away!