ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm coming up for renewal soon.

What are the flagship phoned for android lately?

Can't believe it's nearly been 2 years since my shocking purchase of the s20 ultra.

I may even go iPhone if there's no good deals out there for android.

997.1, Caddy, e208
Credit to 50cents there is a cracking deal on the z flip 3 at the minute

Topcashback should track at either 155 or 200 if you select 24 month contract, but the z flip 3 6gb deal - topcashback referral removed - then you go through tesco mobile

When you buy, it gives you two contracts
One for the handset, one for rolling 1m contract

Keep paying the contract until the topcashback is payable If you sign up 40 month contract, then by the time topcashback comes through you'll be neutral / slightly up on total outgoings...

Then the sweet spot, there is +250 cashback plus the value of the trade in plus but there are only certain handsets allowed....

Then there is a free watch galaxy watch 4 as well... which you can flog...

By this time you'll be 250 up from the trade in at least, say 150 for watch if you sell, so you'll have paid 4 x30 off of phone already so you could be in a position where the phone only costs you 160-200

Details of trade in here (click t&Cs at bottom to see which devices you can trade in)

Cheers 50cents 🤩

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
@ForceIndia what mount are you using?

I’m looking for a MagSafe vent mount but I’m worried my phone will come flying off if getting a bit spirited. Not fussed if it charges or not really.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I’m looking for a MagSafe vent mount but I’m worried my phone will come flying off if getting a bit spirited. Not fussed if it charges or not really.

It doesn’t budge. Hate using the vent mounts so I bought the above and use it with one of these

Just swapped vent part for the stick on bit

It doesn’t budge. Hate using the vent mounts so I bought the above and use it with one of these

Just swapped vent part for the stick on bit
I’ll get a photo tomorrow, last week I fitted a Scosche magnet mount to the lower dash (wherever you prefer), leave 24 hours before using to ensure it doesn’t come unstuck.

I then stuck the included magnet to the back of an Apple MagSafe charger and purchased a 20w+ Usbc car charger.
I’ve drove 600 miles since and my iPhone 13 pro with the Apple MagSafe silicone case didn’t move once. This method will only work if you use the phone without a case or with a MagSafe case.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HZYM2UA/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08PRZ815M/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

I use this cheap and does the job well basically a kenu airframe for way less cash 🤣

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Thanks chaps, I actually use one like Davo linked now and its great but I figured I should make use of MagSafe 😄

Will be used with a 13 pro with a apple silicone case so they are quite grippy. It's nice to know the magnets are decent after reading some stories of phones falling off constantly.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Well everything’s been great with the Flip 3, until now! Got a warning on my phone last night saying my phone will be locked in 24 hours as it is linked to an incomplete trade in order, my trade in was sent days ago, and I have an email from them confirming receipt. Samsung customer service can’t or won’t do anything except give me an email address to contact, and they still haven’t replied since last night so I’m guessing my phone is getting bricked tonight, along with 100s of others from what I’m seeing on the boards etc. Even people who bought devices outright with no trade in are being affected by this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm confused how they could even do that. Very strange. You shouldn't have that sort of access to brick a phone. Too far!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
They must have sorted something, the 24 hour warning is still there but my phone isn’t blocked, I guess they didn’t want the bad press of thousands of bricked phones over the weekend.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Screenshot_20211016-155716_Device Services.jpg

340i
Around 3~ week wait on the S21 Ultra, or 5~ weeks on exclusive colours / increased memory...

Mildly impressed with Samsung, originally quoted 5-6 weeks delivery for my S21 Ultra in Phantom Titanium... After 22 days received DPD confirmation last night, device arriving tomorrow!

340i
Even better, device has arrived early!

The S21 Ultra does look rather slick, but I am amazed their £1200 flagship model only comes with a USB cable and sim tray tool... Literally nothing else in the box.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm surprised you are surprised!

New Pixel out anyone ordering. Incredible specs in the pro and great starting price for the standard 6.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah this is the new benchmark for them. Flagship pro. They have thrown everything at this.

Vodafone offering Bose 700 headphones for free with every pixel. £300 headphones.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Me and the wife ordered pixel 6 pro's yesterday. She's coming from a Pixel 5 and I've got a OnePlus Nord. Both fairly happy with our current phones, but have been waiting for the Pixel to be released for a good few months. My wife actually bought a S21 Ultra direct from Samsung a while ago and sent it back as the camera was a downgrade on her old Pixel 5. So hoping the New Pixel will be a good upgrade over the Pixel 5 in that regard. It'll definitely be a massive step up from my Nord.

I can't see either of us not being happy with the other aspects of the phone to be honest, as it should be better in every way. Plus we both wanted the bigger screen.

I think we'll sell the Bose headphones on eBay to recoup some of the cost. I've still got the Bose headphones that came with my Wife's Pixel 5 and they're great to be honest.

The standard pixel 6 at £600 is a bargain considering you still get the Bose headphones with a RRP £350, even if you only got £200, it makes it £400 total.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic order and massive upgrade over the Nord and 5. Think you will be more than happy there!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be ordering the Pixel 6 this week. It's a proper bargain...same chip and 95% of the internals of the Pro model, just 90hz screen instead of the Pro's 120hx, slightly smaller screen, smaller battery, no 4x telephoto lens, and no 4k capable selfie camera. And that's before the Bose 700 headphone incentive!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I'll be ordering the Pixel 6 this week. It's a proper bargain...same chip and 95% of the internals of the Pro model, just 90hz screen instead of the Pro's 120hx, slightly smaller screen, smaller battery, no 4x telephoto lens, and no 4k capable selfie camera. And that's before the Bose 700 headphone incentive!

Need to order before the 27th to get the headphone deal I believe, so don't leave it too long.

If the Pro wasn't a larger screen, I'd have just ordered the standard Pixel to be honest, but I watch a lot of videos on it, so wanted the larger screen for that mainly.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Initial reviews of the Pixel 6/6 Pro looking good. Haven't ordered yet, will likely get in tomorrow on the last day of the Bose 700 offer.

But my Pixel 4A is still doing the job I need it to. But if I don't I'll miss out on the free Bose 700s. That I don't actually need. Argh.

And FLOL at phones North of £1.5k when the 6 Pro is only £850!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Dunno about anyone else, but there's zero chance I'd pay that money for a Sony device.

Sure the PlayStation is great, but everything else is shite.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You need to really know how to use that phone and be taking some serious photography and video to take advantage of it!

BMW E63 and an E36
Initial reviews of the Pixel 6/6 Pro looking good. Haven't ordered yet, will likely get in tomorrow on the last day of the Bose 700 offer.

But my Pixel 4A is still doing the job I need it to. But if I don't I'll miss out on the free Bose 700s. That I don't actually need. Argh.

And FLOL at phones North of £1.5k when the 6 Pro is only £850!
Did you buy in the end? I went pixel 6 pro, I am so far quite impressed with it.