ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The new S20 Ultra.

IMG_20200123_161510.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ultra! Jeeeeezzzzus!

Just went spec out! Really loving the screen. Great idea. Flat sides. Big, 120hz and 240hz touch.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a bit pissed at two things.

One, they didnt remove the front camera or hide it.

Two you can only have 120hz at 1080p...

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I like the Z fold, but it's a hell of a price tag for a phone that's not top spec. I'm well aware your paying for a bending screen

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
8k film with 33mp stills. The idea of that is mind bending.
Wonder how well it'll actually come out though.
Seen the advert for the 100x zoom last night. Think that will be quite misleading, suggesting zero image loss at 100x is quite a move.
I'll watch the YouTube video later that you linked, see if it's mentioned there.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Seen the advert for the 100x zoom last night. Think that will be quite misleading, suggesting zero image loss at 100x is quite a move.
I'll watch the YouTube video later that you linked, see if it's mentioned there.
Go on BBC they have a vid. The zoom isn't good

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member

Think its around 10x optical zoom then its digital after that or something iirc?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It is but they are still marketing it as 100x zoom.
Even 10x and 10x digital won't create lossless image quality when Zoomed in. Can't get it on a £5k dlsr with another£5k of glass, what makes people think you'll get it on a phone.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
It is but they are still marketing it as 100x zoom.
Even 10x and 10x digital won't create lossless image quality when Zoomed in. Can't get it on a £5k dlsr with another£5k of glass, what makes people think you'll get it on a phone.

Marketing to gullible people...

Tbh i know the camera on a phone won't be that great. I still have an S8, i would upgrade to just a normal S20 tbh as it has pretty much everything i need and i don't care about the fancy cameras.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Still don't really see anything special enough to upgrade from my S8+. Just going to wait for it to die I think.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I think i will upgrade the S8 to the S20 just standard. Don't see much point in the + or Ultra at this stage for my uses.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due an upgrade in May after having my HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro for 2 years
It's truly been an absolute beast, been swimming with it, dropped it in the toilet and it hasn't asked me to delete anything despite not even having cloud storage and 7k photos and 45k media items :eek: battery life is still amazing too

I'm looking at the p40 Pro when it's released. Has anyone got any other flagship ideas? I want the best ideally.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due an upgrade in May after having my HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro for 2 years
It's truly been an absolute beast, been swimming with it, dropped it in the toilet and it hasn't asked me to delete anything despite not even having cloud storage and 7k photos and 45k media items :eek: battery life is still amazing too

I'm looking at the p40 Pro when it's released. Has anyone got any other flagship ideas? I want the best ideally.
The only issue I'd have with the new Huawei is the lack of Google play. You can side load it but from some reports I've seen there can still be issues.
The store that comes with it has hardly anything compared to what you'll be used to. No bank apps etc.

The new Samsung looks good but pricey and there's a new one plus due out soon I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ive yet to see great things about the side loading. I think the next one might get Google again but not yet.

If you're going Android then one plus or Samsung. If you're bothered about peak camera then Samsung. S10+ up to Note 10+ is still flagship stuff. Great battery etc.

The new S20 Ultra is different level again.

One plus are great. Just need to get that flagship camera contender in there. Pixel has way too many issues until 5 comes out.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Something different

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Christ, he really doesn't take well to it being called glass does he.

99% pointless review. Only one I'd say would worry me would be the bending backwards and that would be if a child got it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What's the cheapest phone running Android 10? Just need something to live in the glovebox so I can setup wireless android auto