ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah done all that, I'll go through and dibble check
20200415_110423.jpg

What my one looks like. I don't do numbers. They aren't there long enough to be that bother. I leave them unread if I can't look at them at a certain time.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just redownloaded Nova, forgot how good it was. Went off it after upgrading to Android 10 as I really liked the new gesture controls but they only worked with the stock launcher.

Downloaded one hand operation + now as a workaround. Works really well as a sort of halfway house to still get the sideswipe back gestures but on a custom launcher.

Yeah lol, my FB etc is in a folder dunno if that makes a difference
Probably another daft question but are app icon badges turned on in the phones notification settings and each individual app's notification options? Can't think of anything else that could stop them working unless it's an actual app issue only with the S20.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I've just ordered the S20 ultra 😁😁😁 got a call today saying I was due for my upgrade.

Been so happy with my HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro for two years. The battery life is still mega and after 2 years of not deleting anything at all, only last week I got a notification saying my storage was 90% full!

That's with the amount of photos/ media in the image below! What a beast.

Can't wait for the ultra

Screenshot_20200417_105403_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Really enjoying the phone so far. The camera is unreal.

One thing that really bugged me was the standard icons, it looked like it was designed for an 80 year old / easy view. Downloaded an icon pack which has marginally improved it.

Got a case, camera protector and one of those fancy UV stick on glass screens on the way too.

One this that I do absolutely hate about the phone is the finger print sensor and it being in the phone screen. It's very very slow and barely picks up my thumb and it's in an awkward place.

My mate 10 pro had it on the back of your phone so you could literally unlock as you went to pick your phone up. It was also instant all the way through 2 years.
Bit of a shame really as it really let's this phone down

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Turn on raise to wake and face ID it's very quick. Also do you need the screen protector? They work so much better without them. Register the same finger twice also.

And turn off animations. You may need to google this. It will speed up the unlock.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Fingerprint sensor is definitely worse than the P20 for sure.

I'd get Nova Launcher as well as per earlier in the thread Dan, makes a great difference to the overall feel and look of it

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've just changed my Sim only, 12 months on o2, 100gb data/unlimited calls/texts and 6 months Disney+ for £20 per month.
Sticking with the Pixel 2xl still, it's got a bit laggy recently when quick switching between apps but other than that it's still running fine.
Could possibly do with a new battery but I'm never far from a charger.

Does nobody use Google photos for backing up? 10gb free and something like £13 for £100gb per year.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Adam. I can't have the time below the time. That's upsetting my eyes. Just date and then weather/location. Google used to have it looking so neat and tidy aswell!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone else discovered that their S20 ultra rattles then? Discovered it last night and wish I bloody hadn't as I can't help but noticed it now 😂😂

Apparently it's the auto focus or stabilisation inside the lense that does it as when you turn your camera on it stops.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Never noticed till now!!!

Using stock launcher on S10. Wasn't sure about going back to Nova. Tiny bit buggy on my S8.
Is it better now?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Never noticed till now!!!

Using stock launcher on S10. Wasn't sure about going back to Nova. Tiny bit buggy on my S8.
Is it better now?
I've never had issues with nova from my note 4. I've never ran a stock launcher.

Also the rattles a. Lot of phones seem to do this. I used a Huawei a while back at work and it was a p30 pro from memory, it was the same around the camera. I think it's because the item has to move.

My note only shows signs of it if I was literally tapping it off my hand to get it to do it. Normal use it doesn't.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Picked up a Pixel 4XL a couple of weeks ago now to replace my Note 10. Why? 'Cause I found an amazing deal on a white one and jumped at it. Also never found the pics taken on the Note 10 to be that great tbh. Anything but the kids standing totally still meant the pics looked shocking.

Enjoying it so far and have to say, the camera is phenomenal. Battery life? I could easily hit 2 days (during a normal working week) in one charge though I do have a wireless charging stand on my bedside unit so its charged daily.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Does the pixel 4 have wireless charge? I could never remember. Love the pics they take. Note video is on beaten by the iPhone ime.

Always wanted a pixel phone but I love my note 10+ and can't live without an spen yet.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
phone dilemma, im due an upgrade...

ive been waiting to see if LG release the v60 thing in the uk, seems they arent going to. well not for a while at least, which is a shame as its a phone I really want.

I currently have the Xperia 1,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/smartphones/xperia-1

not sure theres any point getting the Xperia 1 Mk 2, the difference between that and the one I currently have is very little.

been looking at the Samsung s20 ultra, but its f**king massive. most reviews say great phone, f**king massive.

I hate picking new phones!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and the pixel 4a is about to show how a budget phone should start to look in 2020. Ie not a 5 year old iPhone design...

20200505_212226.jpg

20200505_212333.jpg

20200505_212155.jpg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Yeah. Not sure I get the point Andy. The note 10 non plus is a great buy. Not sure he wanted pure flagship. Also new note will be sept/Oct.
I normally only get flag ship phones.

is it worth getting the note 20 when the note 20 is due?

I pay mine and my wifes phone contracts, so I get both upgrades. she has smashed her phone up as female don't seem to look after them. so is pestering me to get an upgrade so she can have mine

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
That Pixel 4a looks a superb bit of phone for the money. Will give the new/old iPhone a run for its money. The camera beats it already from what I've read. Not checked the specs yet.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
phone dilemma, im due an upgrade...

ive been waiting to see if LG release the v60 thing in the uk, seems they arent going to. well not for a while at least, which is a shame as its a phone I really want.

I currently have the Xperia 1,

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/smartphones/xperia-1

not sure theres any point getting the Xperia 1 Mk 2, the difference between that and the one I currently have is very little.

been looking at the Samsung s20 ultra, but its f**king massive. most reviews say great phone, f**king massive.

I hate picking new phones!
It's really not that massive, I have smallish hands and use it pretty much all the time one handed.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't notice phone size anymore due to being a note user for years so everything is small.

Let's go to the start Andy. You want flagship but worried about size? Would you have use for an Spen? Take lots of pictures?

Like lots of memory etc in your phone?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I don't notice phone size anymore due to being a note user for years so everything is small.

Let's go to the start Andy. You want flagship but worried about size? Would you have use for an Spen? Take lots of pictures?

Like lots of memory etc in your phone?
my wife says size is important...

must be flag ship (snob), yes take lots of pics.
I run a FB business so spend loads and loads of time on FB and my phone.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like an S20 ultra to me. The note 20 thing wouldn't bother me really unless you want to wait. The note 10 is a good size not as big as the plus. Nice shape and design technology. I love my note 10+. 512gb + expandable to 1tb and 12gb of ram. It's a f**king monster.

The S20 ultra is essentially everything specced to the bleeding edge.

Watch, gives an idea of size also....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and when you do get a bigger phone. Come back and say thanks at just how amazing proper screen real estate is when running a business.

I've done the same for years and run 2 Instagram business/social media including videos etc and it's all done from my note.

Try and go back to using a smaller phone and it's impossible.

I'm laughing at how utterly amazing that note looks in the video. Mesmerising.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Oh and when you do get a bigger phone. Come back and say thanks at just how amazing proper screen real estate is when running a business.

I've done the same for years and run 2 Instagram business/social media including videos etc and it's all done from my note.

Try and go back to using a smaller phone and it's impossible.

I'm laughing at how utterly amazing that note looks in the video. Mesmerising.
my Xperia 1 has a big screen, its long for split screen. split screen is why I want the lg v60 thing

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
V60 is old hat. New or not. Buy a fold.

Oh and sony had a weird aspect ratio.

Those companies have been left behind Sadly.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
V60 is old hat. New or not. Buy a fold.

Oh and sony had a weird aspect ratio.

Those companies have been left behind Sadly.
V60 is amazing with great specs.

My past 5 phones have been xperia and love em. Great phones, never had an issue with it

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not think they've been left behind by the competition?

The v60 is 2 phones in a case. It's not a fold. Just buy an upgraded fold. Watch John rettinger and Mr mobile. They can't stop using their's. Not even they thought they would have this impact.

The fold 2 is really going to move the game on with the exterior display. Very excited to see what happens.