ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You don’t need other apple products but if you own a mac, ipad and watch alongside your iPhone they all work together seamlessly without any extra effort.

Photos available across all devices in their native apps, shared tabs, copy/paste, phone calls, messages etc. You can achieve most if not all with any phone and the right apps but the fact it all works out of the box with the built in OS makes it incredibly simple for anyone to use.

I‘m still fully bought in to the apple ecosystem, I never consider anything else now as it all just works. When I ever have to use anything else I get frustrated, I think it’s the not liking change as I get old sort of thing 😂

Re phones. really liking my 14 pro. Screen is really nice to use, dynamic island really gives the illusion of more real estate. Cameras are a big step up too, much improved low light performance and the macro mode is excellent. I like the always on screen, but let’s see how it affects battery life before deciding if I stick with it or not.

How do you actually get to macro mode? I still haven't tested out all the camera features yet, I'm coming from iPhone X so there's quite a lot to get used to!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Awesome thanks for link, turns out you need to turn it on first in Settings which I hadn't done!

1673818525312.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm liking the look of the Zenfone 9 but used they are like hens teeth.

My S20Fe 5g thing tbf is really good but can't help looking about.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've just had an update on my S21 and it's absolutely rapid.

Also switched to gestures for back and apps, not sure if that altered anything too.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My S21 is still awful for dropping out 4G coverage.
Will be glad when it's gone

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't believe in that spec sheet to be honest. Why would they go from a 40mp selfie on s22 to a 12mp on s23?

Reliable source of data Kevin?

Sakitech. Very prominent. Also posted elsewhere by others. Could be wrong of course.

Never seen two iterations so close, difficult to get the big leaps just now.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
@Gally

Being the phone chap. I've got the opportunity to grab a 3 month old zenfone 9. Reading reviews the phone is excellent, especially the battery and size. But only has two year updates, reckon that will be an issue? Not likely to keep it that long just thinking resale value etc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Buy it. Especially if you prefer a smaller phone. Tremendous little thing. 2 years of updates is a minor thing unless you’re planning long term.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
S23 Ultra ordered tonight.
Trading in the S21 Ultra which they are giving me 410 quid for.

95 upfront then 31 a month for phone over 24 months.

Will find a sim only deal to go with it and should get it less than the price I pay for s21 contract currently.

Ordered in graphite grey 512gb model.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Good price on the trade in for the S21U so would be daft not to. Sod getting it on a contract that's going to go up in price like 15% in a couple of months!

Once I've spoke to Vodafone tomorrow and cancelled now that I'm out of contract I'll be getting mine pre-ordered. Can't decide between the green or the black!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. Good price on the trade in for the S21U so would be daft not to. Sod getting it on a contract that's going to go up in price like 15% in a couple of months!

Once I've spoke to Vodafone tomorrow and cancelled now that I'm out of contract I'll be getting mine pre-ordered. Can't decide between the green or the black!

I really like the green. But went for the online exclusive choice of Graphite Grey

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
As a through-and-through iPhone guy, I'd say the S23 is one of the best Android handsets I've seen. Not keen on the Ultra though. Price is craaazy too.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Need to get a replacement S21u first as I dropped it and done the screen in the other day.

Probably do a trade in on a 512gb Green one

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Need to get a replacement S21u first as I dropped it and done the screen in the other day.

Probably do a trade in on a 512gb Green one

The Samsung deals don't look that great. Normally they throw in free buds etc as well as a trade in

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
The Samsung deals don't look that great. Normally they throw in free buds etc as well as a trade in

Ye this time round they are offering double the storage for free instead.

Works for me as I don't need buds

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
My S20 FE 5g will be going up for sale later tonight if anyone is keen. I didn't buy it new but it is less than 6 months old.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
New S23 Ultra 5g pre-ordered. Green! Should match my watch strap nicely.

Cases - Help!

Im liking the Quadlock / Mous ones (Why TF are they so expensive now?!). I need a good case that I can throw at a dashboard mount when im in the car (I get in and out the car frequently for work so its got to be magnetic). However, it also needs to be rigid AF as ill be using it on trackdays so I cant have my phone smacking me in the nuts half way round a corner.

Suggestions please!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

Cases - Help!

Im liking the Quadlock / Mous ones (Why TF are they so expensive now?!). I need a good case that I can throw at a dashboard mount when im in the car (I get in and out the car frequently for work so its got to be magnetic). However, it also needs to be rigid AF as ill be using it on trackdays so I cant have my phone smacking me in the nuts half way round a corner.

Suggestions please!

I've had a Spigen one, it's not magnetic though but believe they do magnetic ones.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Cases - Help!

Suggestions please!
Quadlock is ace, seen motorbikes crash and still have the phones mounted via a quadlock perfectly, worth the money I think.