ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The New Phone Thread

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Stupid question for the people that bought the Samsung S23 . Do you guys register the phone on Samsung website in order to have the warranty ? Or it's enough to keep the receipt, and if you have issues you contact customer support and take it from there ?

I've not registered anything yet? Didn't realise I had to, but yes if had any issues then would be dealing with Samsung directly

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Reviews great. The complete phone. I like the side design, slightly more boxy. Camera not a massive leap over the 22u but a decent leap over the 21u.

Battery life and the new chip are supposed to be the biggest gains. The gen 2 chip seems to have really come to life for Snapdragon. And the chip is "for galaxy". Over locked slightly. Maybe a bit of optimisation.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
S23U guys.

How is it?

Contract runs out end of this month so guess I'll be upgrading [emoji23]

I'm loving mine so far. Came from an s21U

Battery is loads better. Not that I found the battery awful on the s21u but it's significantly better on the s23u.
I've not used the camera loads yet but did have a mess around with night shots whilst outside with the dog at night.
It's very good!

It feels a much bigger phone than the s21u did too, and heavier too.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Still loving the s22u.

I know I've posted a series of pics like this before but I still can't get my head around how f**king mental it is.

Sunday me and the Mrs went for a walk to the hills that our house looks onto. Tried to found out house and nailed it.

I'm sorry but how is this possible on a phone 😂
20230305_135400.jpg
20230305_135358.jpg
20230305_135352.jpg
20230305_135323.jpg
20230305_135345.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and free Buds2 Pro as well
Nice, I really like my pro 1s. Never had one issue, battery life is always amazing and I use them for at least an hour or 2 a day.

I kept my buds+ as spares and good fitment for running, the battery life is insane on them as no anc but solid passive noie cancelling.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So I've sacked Vodafone off and went with EE

512gb S23U in green, 125gb data. £30 upfront and £59 a month for 24 months

Got a 30% discount code off a mate, ideal [emoji1362]
Was about to say I'm more than happy with mines after you asked how they were, but guess there's no point now if you've bought one lol. Decent deal that, especially with the free buds as well.

But yeah, you'll not be disappointed. Only minor gripe I have is some bixby routines being tempremental but it's probably more down to the fact I've ported them over from my S21 and not created them new. Either that or it's a bug in the app. Everything else is great. I've stopped charging overnight now because I know the battery will always last the day. Cameras are great. Speakers are ridiculously good too if that's something that matters to you. I also love the stylus. Some people don't see the point in it but I think it's proper handy for some things.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Bixby is shite. Actually, that's unfair, it's OK ish for some stuff, but Bixby routines is an entirely separate app for automating stuff and it's brilliant. I use it for a bunch of different stuff.

For example, when I connect to my cars bluetooth it starts spotify and maps automatically. Got similar for on my bike to open the BMW nav app. Various routines set up to help with battery too, turns off data, wifi, sync etc. overnight when I'm asleep. AOD on when charging, turn off fast charging if I charge overnight.

There's loads of possibilities with it, but yeah, it's a great tool!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Routines are one of the most underrated mobile things. I loads set up. Simple stuff.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Arrived today, waiting on EE to transfer my number over so still in the S21u for now.

Nova launcher on it, looks the exact same as the current phone, obviously, just feels a bit slicker. Actually surprised that I like the design in person a lot more then the 22u, need to order a new Pitaka case for it and have set a few routines up as above. Why did not use them before

Been messing about with it for a couple hours though, transferring files etc and it's only used 20% battery. The S21 has used nearly 40% in the same time and Simialr use

Green colour is a lot more muted than expected though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Wasn't sure if this is the correct thread, maybe.

After a half decent smart watch thing to go along side my Poco f3 thingy. With 1 million choices out there and not wanting to spend loads what do people recommend?.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Wasn't sure if this is the correct thread, maybe.

After a half decent smart watch thing to go along side my Poco f3 thingy. With 1 million choices out there and not wanting to spend loads what do people recommend?.

I've still got my wife's pixel watch thing that came with her pixel 7 pro that I need to list for sale.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Which one is it mate, I know very little bar the hundred to pick from which doesn't help someone like me lol. Was looking at getting the pro to...

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Which one is it mate, I know very little bar the hundred to pick from which doesn't help someone like me lol. Was looking at getting the pro to...

Pretty sure it's Google's only watch, but could be wrong. Was released with the Pixel 7 Pro, so is current. It's the LTE model and is the Silver stainless steel case, with chalk active strap

£379 new on there, but I don't expect anything like that for it. Open to offers on it though if it's of any interest.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. Will have a mocch later :)

Having a quick look at prices mate it's more than I'd like to spend. Had a budget of Upto £100, not to bothered about it being top tier, obviously lol

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Cheers. Will have a mocch later :)

Having a quick look at prices mate it's more than I'd like to spend. Had a budget of Upto £100, not to bothered about it being top tier, obviously lol
I’ve got a Ticwatch E3 sat in its box I keep forgetting to advertise. Worked well with my old Android as it’s the same platform.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I use a Garmin Venu 2, paid 220 quid for it a year ago, works mint with android and can do everything I need. Pay with it, does offline Spotify so can jog with tunes without my phone and all the health status you'll ever need. Great bit of kit

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i see all the major players are now doing the oppo find n2 flip, when will they be doing the fold?!

im due an upgrade in two months.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fancy a new phone and really like the look of the new one plus 11. Great camera, battery and fast etc. I like my Poco f3 but after a better camera/video.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Wife's phone has just died, looking at an Oppo A57s for her. She literally uses it for texting, instagram and playing w**k brain training games on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
There's loads of cheap decent phones about for doing that.

What's the budget or has she bought it already.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
There's loads of cheap decent phones about for doing that.

What's the budget or has she bought it already.

Budget of about £150/175. Without sounding like a cheap c**t, I have to buy it, and she doesn't need anything lightning fast. Not like she uses it for work or anything

Galaxt A04s is in the mix too.

Must be android

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
It's in very good condition, but there are 2 feint scratches if you look with the screen off / at a certain angle. Can get photos tomorrow.
13 Pro, 128gb, 90% battery health