ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new TV thread

R53
I’m not too sure mate, best of asking on AV forums to be honest. I just use the OLED that’s in our living room so haven’t really got any experience with current midrange LED TVs.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  TfL
Have you tried fiddling with the motion blur picture settings? Can’t remember exactly what they’re called but it tries to make films look better which doesn’t look great on games.

Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My parents are looking to replace their Samsung and looking to get a 55" this time round. Mainly to watch TV and catch up tv and the odd Netflix. 4K UHD would be a must.
Looked on Curry PC World this came up

Looking at no more than £1000, is this a good ish one for the price?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Any good?

Wife knows I want a TV and nearly bought this today apparently.

Will just be used for Freeview, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Slightly smaller bit cheaper?

I was tentatively close to buying that on Friday evening for the new house, but then the missus reminded me we already have a 50" tele and there are more important things needed, like a new oven and induction hob, and laminate flooring.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Where have all the TV Guru's gone?

Hoped someone would have some spec advice.

If needed I'd throw in some money if there is something worth a little extra.

Moonshot

ClioSport Club Member
  A4 S Line & Impreza
Any good deals going about currently? My 55” Viera packed in today. I wouldn’t mind something the same size and 4K.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Any good deals going about currently? My 55” Viera packed in today. I wouldn’t mind something the same size and 4K.
I asked about the Hisense ones in RicherSounds and seems they got great reviews. Worth a punt at under £400

gally

ClioSport Club Member
They get a decent rep. Few tech guys have reviewed them also. Maybe consider the hisense also?

I bought a 65" Samsung q70 qled before Christmas. Great deal couldn't turn it down. Had a 55" lg plasma for 10 years. Zero issue. Was heavy as f**k! Sold it for 75 quid!

What really transformed the new experience is the bezels. So good to watch a proper TV and watching true 4k is nice now.

Highly recommended as it's older than the q90 so deals are a plenty. And very little difference with the q80.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Im waiting on my Hisense H507500 to be delivered

At the low end of the budget from my research it seems that Hi sense is one of the best value ones to get, Or LG

09 astra 1.6 T
She's gone for the Hitachi and a sound bar that is on offer at £35 aswell
Tempted myself 😅

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Returned the Hisense due to poor lip sync, was doing my Box in and no amount of tweaking helped

Have got a LG 7450 coming instead, 55" and only a bit more money

From reading a lot on AV Forums etc all Thr cheap TVs are much of a muchness and if you want good HDR then the best "cheap" one is about 800

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane RS280
I replaced all our tv’s last year, we now have three LG sets, 55 oled, 43 & 32 all have excellent picture quality but the oled is on another level, sound is awesome from a out the box unit.
All from RS, crazy prices & 6 yr warranty.