ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next iPhone/iPad; speculation thread.

What's your plan of action?

• Total voters
  An orange one
im still rolling a 64GB ipad 2, which is in mint condition and works perfectly..

should i upgrade this, or just get a macbook air?

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine in my hand right now. Reserved at Argos at 7:45 and collected at 8am. I was the only person there. Got given a £20 Argos voucher for reserving online too.

On the way there and back I walked past the Apple shop in Leeds. About 300 people queuing outside LOL.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Got mine in my hand right now. Reserved at Argos at 7:45 and collected at 8am. I was the only person there. Got given a £20 Argos voucher for reserving online too.

On the way there and back I walked past the Apple shop in Leeds. About 300 people queuing outside LOL.

lol, good work.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
10605337596_83d2ea61f3_z.jpg

10605588583_b8672e9ee5_z.jpg

10605593563_94466bbbd2_z.jpg

That's the best I can do at the moment from work ///Munson

Beautiful thing.

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh and I'm definitely glad I went for Space Grey now.

A guy at work has just come back with a silver one after I told him about Argos, he looked a little gutted when we compared. Doesn't look anywhere near as special!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Just tried reserving at Currys, PC World and CPW, all out of stock :( then tried Argos and they had 1 left at my local store, reserved and will pick up midday. I thought demand wasn't meant to be that strong for this? Thought people were awaiting the Ipad Mini with Retina???

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Just tried reserving at Currys, PC World and CPW, all out of stock :( then tried Argos and they had 1 left at my local store, reserved and will pick up midday. I thought demand wasn't meant to be that strong for this? Thought people were awaiting the Ipad Mini with Retina???

Make sure you get your £20 voucher on collection.

I'll be using mine on my lunch to grab the Smart Case for a little less eye watering £45 instead of £65.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
PC World now suddenly have loads for sale online and to reserve, despite them being sold out this morning. Will be collecting from there now as you get £30 voucher rather then £20 from Argos. So if anyone wants a Space Grey 16gb Wifi, I have a reservation code for Argos in Alfreton.

172, Tiguan
I can't find a case on Amazon that isn't out of stock. Might have to bend over and visit the Apple store Sunday.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Picked a slate grey 16gb up at lunch from PC World, together with a £30 voucher. I've got a 4th Gen Ipad which I'm flogging, Air makes the old one feel like a brick!

Currently restoring from Icloud, loving the slate grey though, will be a shame to put a cover on it!

I think both colours look brilliant. I was torn between the two to such an extent that it was pretty much flip a coin. I'm happy that I chose silver, but I'd also be happy with grey. Certainly wouldn't be disappointed with either.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Couldn't bloody resist. Bought a 64gb white from the airport, was £30 cheaper than apple.

Its very light, and the grey is ok, but my phone is slate so I wanted the white iPad again.

Im such a sucker. I do use my iPad about 6 hours minimum a day though, so it's well used.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Indeed, I had a hold of the silver one in PC World and it was nice. My 4th Gen is white though and I like to alternate, makes it feel more like a truly new toy then.

Unsure what cover to use now though as 4th gen stuff doesn't fit, obviously. I'd had a clear gel cover for the back which I'd used from Ipad 2 days, unsure whether to get the same one (priced at under a fiver lol) or whether it'll look naff on the Air. The all over Smart Cover's from Apple seem horrendously expensive, £65!?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
im usually a bit meh with a new ipad, but this thing is nuts.

so so so quick. the weight is awesome too. I'll use it with a slipcase, was tempted to get a zagg skin or something but i cant be arsed.

Tried to use my £30 voucher like an idiot, its not valid until the 21st.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Yeah I didn't realise the £30 voucher wasn't valid until 21st. It really does zip along and I've came from a 4th gen, I don't remember the performance jump being that vast from 3rd to 4th gen. Some games which took maybe 10-15 seconds to load on the 4th gen, load instantly on the Air.

Home button feels different though, as if its slightly more indented with slightly coarser edges. The bezel and colour coated buttons are a huge improvement on previous models.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm interested to see what the m7 can do on an ipad, seemed a bit weird to include it.

I really like the form factor, and it's nice to finally use one bloody charger, that was getting annoying.

AirDrop is handy too

I went from a 2 to a 4, so obviously Retina was the biggest draw.

Can't wait to get my Air. This POS feels like a paving slab :(